Familiar Face

Fateful Encounter

Jimin POV

“Jimin Hyung, chicken is here! Come out and eat.” Upon hearing the maknae, I quickly got out of bed and head towards the living room. I was feeing hungry from all the dance practices and just can’t wait to eat dinner. 

“Where’s namjoon and suga hyung?” I asked while getting myself a comfy seat among the rest of the BTS members. 

“Probably at the studio, composing and writing some new musics.” Taehyung replied. Aish. Don’t they feel hungry? I should probably save some of the chicken and bring it to them later, making a mental note to myself. The rest of the members started eating and gulping away the chicken, looking as if they haven’t been eating for months. We were engaging in some casual conversations before Jungkook start talking about this new girl group teaser. Well.. that’s rare for Jungkook to notice a girl group. I thought to myself. Jungkook start blabbing on and on about this new girl group, complimenting their dance and looks as well as the short music that you can hear from their teaser. 

“Relax Jungkookie. You seem as if you are talking about your love, being so excited and all.” Taehyung tease jungkook while smirking at him. 

“YAH HYUNG! YOU SHOULD WATCH THEIR TEASER. I BET YOU WILL BE SUPER AMAZE. One of them is super beautiful. OH and you should definitely go search for their dance covers especially the one on our songs. It was lit.” Jungkook added on while hitting taehyung playfully.

”How about you search and play it for us” Jin hyung added. With that being said, Jungkook brought his laptop to the living room and started searching “Empires” on youtube. Empires? I suppose the group name is call Empires? In the next moment, we can hear soft and smooth voices, accompanied with beautiful faces appearing in the teaser, not forgetting powerful but graceful short dance moves. I have to agree, all of us were in awe. Those are some skills and talent right there. But why do I have such an unsettling feeling..? One of the girl in the teaser look so scarily familiar. Have I seen her somewhere before? 

“Jungkook ah, what’s the girl name in 20secs in?” I asked after deciding to find out her name to see whether I know her. 

“Oh you mean Y/N? I never knew we have the same taste hyung, she caught my eye too when I first watch the teaser. She was stunning and breathless.” Jungkook replied while swinging one of his arms to rest around my shoulder. 

“YAH. I’m not interested. Just thought that she seems familiar and wanted to find out her name. But it appears that I do not know her. Never heard of her name before, probably walk pass her on the street or something.” 

“Aeyy Jimin is growing up. Can you even be attracted to someone you pass by the street to remember her face?" Jin tease. 

I don’t really want to explain myself any further so I just roll my eyes and shrugged it off. I couldn’t have a good sleep that night as I can’t seem to get the unsettling feeling off my chest. Her face keep appearing in my mind repeatedly that day. 

 

Y/N POV

It is finally the day our music video get released. Feeling super excited and wanting to monitor the mv, my members including myself gathered in the practice room, sitting down on the floor, counting down to the moment we have been waiting for. 

“ITS RELEASED!” “OMO! ITS HERE ITS HERE.” 

Jisoo and Sohye unnies screamed in unisons. I gasped and covered my ears in reflex. Their high pitch voice might really deafen my ears one day.. 

“Are you all ready for some actions?” Hyuna wrap her arms around all of us while commenting on it. 

“Of course unnie. I’m always ready. Can’t wait.” This is definitely the first time in awhile where I smiled so brightly that my teeth are showing. With that being said, the MV is played and we were so engrossed in it that we didn’t notice one hour have passed. 

“I’m hungry. Shall we order some food?” I turn and look at unnies and ask. 

“This calls for a celebration. Let’s order Jajangmyeon and chicken!” We all agreed to sohye suggestions and ordered. 

While munching on our dinner, I almost spit out at Hyuna sudden question directed towards me. 

“Hey, you don’t have to be that surprised. I mean we are going to be a group and definitely going to stick together through hardships and sweet times. We realise we don’t really know much about you. You don’t seems to open up to us that easily either. We are curious and concern at the same time.” Hyuna stated.

I didn’t know where to look at but to glance down at my crossed leg, words getting stuck in my throat, seemingly unable to speak.

Jisoo noticed and seemingly took a hint, she spoke up and try to slip me away from this awkward situation. “It’s okay Y/N ah, tell us more about yourself next time when you feel that you are ready to open up to us. In the meantime just tell us one thing would do. Why would you ask Eric-nim to help you change your name to Y/N? We heard from Eric-nim and was curious. If so, what’s your previous name?” 

Omg, thank you Jisoo unnie for saving me from this situation! I screamed internally, repeatedly thanking her deep down. “Oh.. I just wanted a fresh new start and doesn’t want people to know about my past. So I ask Eric-nim for that favor. Besides I really love this name he gave. Oh and my previous name was Solhee.”

”That’s a beautiful name, Y/N. It’s getting late. Shall we wrap up and have an early rest tonight? We need to be ready for tomorrow debut stage at Mcountdown.” Jisoo suggest. 

“Sure.” The rest replied. With that, we ended our night and head towards our respective rooms. 

 

_____________________________________