Risk of Exposure?

Fateful Encounter

Y/N POV

Feeling slightly grumpy about having my sleep time taken away from me, I just hope no one will come and talk to me as I wouldnt care to entertain right now. Sliding my hands into my pockets, making myself comfy with my hoodie, I slowly stroll into my company building. I wonder what did Eric-nim wanted to say to me by asking me to come to the company at such an early hour. Its 4:45am for godsake. He better have something important if not Im so going to get him for that.

After what seems like ages to me as Im dead tired, I finally reach the entrance of Eric-nim office. My eyes feels heavy and I know I shouldnt have slept at 2am in the morning. Mentally cursing to myself, I should really sleep early next time. 

“Oh Y/N you’re here.”

I snapped out of my thought and was slightly startle at the voice. I quickly turn my head and saw Eric-nim standing behind me. 

“Did you get a shock? HAHAS. You should witness your own facial expression just now.”

”Tch. Can you don’t scare me like that Eric-nim.”

”Its not my fault if you’re such a scaredy cat. Oh and its just the both of us here. You don’t have to call me Eric-nim. Im not used to you being so polite.”

”Oh right. You prefer the brat that I am, dont you? Am I right, Eric?”

“Yes.. yes you are right Y/N. For your info, if it wasnt for your parents, I would have punish you and kick you out of the company.”

Thats right. A lot of people in the company doesnt know but Eric and I have known each other for quite a period of time. Eric and my foster parents are best of friend and he often visit them. During his visits, I always tend to be a brat towards him. However, he is the one who took an interest in me and saw talents in me. Eventually, taking me to train under his care.

“Lets head in and talk shall we? Oh and here’s the tea that you always like. Figured you would need it since its early in the morning.”

”Yea. Glad you know that. You better have something good to talk about if not Im going to kill you Eric.”

With that, I grab the Earl grey tea from Eric and went into his office to take a seat.

”So.. what did you want to talk about?” I raised my eyebrow and look at Eric while sipping on my tea. 

“I wont beat around the bush and shall get straight to the point. Its about Jimin.” 

Upon hearing what I thought I heard wrongly, I almost choke on my tea and cough repeatedly. Eyes widening when what Eric said finally sinks into my thoughts and I couldnt keep calm. 

”Wh-whattt? Wh-why? What about chim- no I mean Jimin.” 

“I knew you will react like this. You always been like this when it comes to Jimin. You havent gotten over him even though you keep on insisting that you did. Its been 2 years plus since I heard about the incident between you and Jimin from Hwasa and Junhyung.”

(NOTES: Hwasa and Junhyung are the foster parents of Y/N)

”N-No.. I have gotten over him. I have nothing but hatred towards him. You should know it better than anyone else. The reason why I agree to let you train me and bring me to the entertainment industry is to get revenge towards Jimin.”

”You’re lying. You know I can see right through you. But alright, if you say so then so be it. Anyway, putting your feelings aside for now, what I wanted to discuss was, Im afraid Jimin have caught onto you.”

”Thats impossible! What do you even mean by that?!”

”Can you relax and listen to what I have to say? Yesterday the manager in charge of your group informed me that BTS manager requested for your phone number. Of course he didnt give as I instructed everyone not to give out your contact but he gave Jisoo’s contact instead. Knowing Jisoo loose lips, she might have disclose something that she shouldn't but you didnt tell her anything about your past, did you?”

”Of course I didn’t! Or.. not...”

. The other day I just told my group members that my name was Solhee before I changed my name. Omg what have I done?! This is bad. Jimin probably knows Im Solhee now! He’s going to mock me and hurt me again! I was practically pacing up and down, filling the corners of the office room, grabbing my hair like a mad person. Repeatedly whispering to myself what should I do now..?

“Y/N! Calm down and stop pacing around! You’re giving me a headache!”

”Er-Eric.. What should I do now..?” I felt a tear roll down my cheek while I try not to choke on feelings. 

“Maybe I shouldn’t have told you about this. Look at yourself, you’re a mess right now. For now, just forget about this and I will figure out how to solve this problem. Go have a short rest before your schedule at 9am and I do not want to see you acting up during the schedule. You heard me?” Eric said to me with a firm tone. 

“Y-yes...” 

After that conversation with Eric, I couldnt possibly sleep. My mind is full of Jimin. What if Jimin hates me even more? What if he didnt want to see me afterall? I didnt even manage to obtain several achievements before revealing that Im Solhee to him. He must find me pathetic afterall. Filled with frustrations and unspeakable emotions, I went towards the practice room and indulge myself in dancing. 

 

Namjoon POV

Its a shame that I didnt manage to get Y/N contact but at least I manage to get Jisoo’s. Im not sure how close they are with each other but I suppose they should know about each other past right? Maybe I can get some information on Y/N from Jisoo. 

I whip out my phone and dial Jisoo number. 

“Hello? Jisoo speaking. How may I help you?”

”Ah Jisoo-shi, this is Namjoon speaking. Sorry to disturb you. Are you free right now to talk?”

”o-oh what?! Hello Namjoon sunbaenim. Ani, Im free right now. Whats up?”

”Call me Namjoon would do. We are the same age anyway. I will get straight to the point, are you close with Y/N?”

”Oh okay Namjoon and I wouldnt say we are that close but yea we are I guess?”

”Do you know anything about Y/N past?”

”Not really. Y/N rarely mentions or talk about her past. She’s not the type that like to ponder over them. Why are you asking about Y/N anyway?”

”Nothing much. Just curious and I find Y/N to be quite mysterious. So.. is Y/N her name? Like really her name? Not her stage name or anything?

”Ahh about that, Yes. Y/N is her real name right now.”

”Right now? What do you mean by right now?”

”Oh, before she got into this company, Y/N isnt her name. She changed her name.”

”Wait what?! She change her name?! Whats her name previously then???”

”Oh.. erm.. its.. Well im not sure either. She never tell us about it. Anyway I got to go now. It was fun speaking to you Namjoon.”

”Ah I see. Alright. Thanks for taking the time to talk to me. Till next time Jisoo. Annyeong.”

”Bye Namjoon.”

Something is definitely wrong here. It sounds like Jisoo is lying about not knowing Y/N previous name. The change in her tone and the way she stutters for awhile definitely prove that she knows something. Its alright tho. I got what I wanted to know. Its confirm that there is a high chance Y/N is Solhee knowing that she change her name before. I should let Jimin knows about this. 

 

Jisoo POV

That was close. I almost reveal Y/N secret to someone besides us. She is slowly opening up and trust us enough to tell us about it. I wouldnt want to break her trust, knowing that she is already weak and fragile on the inside. 

But why is Namjoon suddenly curious about Y/N..? This is definitely suspicious. Is this something got to do with Jimin and Y/N? The both of them were acting very strangely whenever they see each other. Y/N feels like she is avoiding while Jimin feels like he is searching for something. I definitely have to ask Y/N or Eric-nim about this. He definitely know whats up.

 

 

 

 

______________________________________