Friends

Fateful Encounter

Y/N POV

Time passes pretty fast even though I am just staying at home resting and taking a break. I feel so much better after sharing about my stuffs to Eomma and Appa. At the start, I refuse to admit I still have feelings for Jimin but hearing the advices Hwasa eomma gave, helps me to realise I have to start facing my feelings and put an end to them instead of running away as always. Opening up to others have never felt so much better now that I have accepted my own feelings. Yes, I still love Jimin but do I want to get back with him? No. Im afraid. Afraid of what's to come and afraid of him leaving me again. Love have never been the best thing that have ever happen to me, instead, it's the worst thing that have happen. It's kind of an irony that I am talking about love at such a young age. People probably thinks what do I know at my age? True, I might not know everything about it but at the least, I know love is both sweet and sour. 

Standing infront of my wardrobe, I wonder what should I wear today to meet Jungkook for lunch. T-shirt and short sounds like a good idea. It's just a lunch, I wouldn't need to dress up too fancy or anything. Just when I was about to change, Hwasa eomma walks into my room. 

"Y/N sweetie, are you heading out today?"

"Yes eomma, I'm meeting someone for lunch."

"OMMO, IS IT A GUY?? A date perhaps?!"

Hwasa eomma squeal and hold both of my hands while winking at me.

"Omg eomma, it's not a date! It's just a casual lunch, and yes, it's a guy."

"Who is it?! Is he handsome?? Worthy enough to be my son-in-law?" 

"Eomma... It's Jungkook from BTS and nobody is going to be your son-in-law, I'm going to rot and be a nun for the rest of my life."

I giggled and wink back at eomma.

"YAH! I WANT GRANDCHILDRENS OKAY! NO BEING A NUN!"

"Yes eomma, I'm just joking. I wouldn't want to be a nun either. I would love to find someone like Junhyung appa. Loving me the way appa loves you eomma."

"Aigoo. My cute little girl. Trust me, someone will comes along and sweep you off your feet and loves you like you are their world. Just be patient. For now, just go and enjoy your date. HOLD ON, what do you think you are wearing?! You shouldn't be wearing tshirt and short!!! Wear a skirt or dress Y/N!"

Eomma push me slightly aside to look into my wardrobe, searching for dresses for me to wear. 

"Eomma..!!! I am not going on a date!! Omg! Just leave my room and let me change in peace!"

With that, I push Hwasa eomma out of my room and close the door. Sigh.. She's always hoping that I date someone. In what world would a mom keeps encouraging their daughter to get a man when they are still young?! Honestly though... Do I not look okay wearing just a t-shirt and short? I turn and check myself out in the mirror. You look as ugly as always Y/N. No wonder Jimin dumped you. .. Those voices in my head again.. Slapping both of my cheeks with my own hands, I regain my composure. Hmm... I think I look fine tho? Argh. Nevermind, I shall change into skinny jean and hoodie instead. I quickly grab and throw on a light denim rip jean and a black hoodie with my favourite animal (Samoyed) picture on it. Putting on my cap and small backpack, I was ready to leave the house. I walk out of my house, expecting Jungkook to be here but he's no where to be seen. Am I too early? I look down on my watch and saw that it's 11.35am. He's late! I pout and mentally note to myself. 

 

 

JUNGKOOK POV

*At 8am*

"Namjoon Hyung, I'll be heading out for awhile after this dance practice."

"Oh? Where are you going?"

"It's a secret hyung."

"Yah! No secrets! I need to know incase anything happen to you while you're outside, I at least have something to say to Bang pd-nim."

"Fine.. I'm going on a lunch date with Y/N."

"WHATT?! ARE YOU SERIOUS JUNGKOOK?!"

"HYUNG SHHHH!! Can you dont shout? I wouldn't want anyone else to know, especially Jimin hyung."

"Jungkook ah, I'm happy for you that you got to have a date with Y/N but remember, please consider Jimin feelings. I trust that you will and sure, just be back before 6pm for the next schedule." 

"Ne hyung.. I will.. Thanks for allowing me to head out." 

I was slightly upset that Namjoon hyung mentioned about Jimin feelings. What about my feelings then? Do no one cares about mine? I will feel hurt too if I see Jimin hyung together with Y/N. I'm human too, but whatever. I can't be bother over it too much to let this ruin my mood for today. I feel happy and excited, can't wait to spend my lunch time with Y/N later. 

 

JIMIN POV

I was standing behind the door of the practice room and overheard Jungkook and Namjoon hyung conversation. Feeling envious and angry, I really wanted to go up to Jungkook and fight with him over this but what rights do I have...? I have already cause Y/N so much pain and even cause her to take a break from her activities. I closed my eyes and lean my head on the door. Being caught between Y/N and Jungkook builds up major frustration in me, I feel so frustrated not knowing what can I do. Unknowningly, a tear fall and drip onto the floor beneath. 

 

FRONT OF Y/N HOUSE

A car drove up to the front yard of Y/N house, a man in hoodie and rip jeans step out of the car. Y/N turn and look at who's the person but couldn't see clearly due to the hoodie hood he is wearing. As the man approaches, it became clearer who it was. 

"Hi Y/N! Sorry I was late. Practice ended late all thanks to certain someone not concentrating."

Jungkook look at Y/N and flash her his brightest smile.

"Hi there Jungkook Oppa. Aniyo, it's fine. You have your reason afterall."

"Thanks for understanding. Heh. Are we wearing couple wear?" Jungkook smirked while stating. 

Y/N eyes widen when she finally realise that they are wearing almost similar clothings. Both of them are wearing rip jeans and black hoodie, with the only exception that the hoodies have different prints on them. 

"ANI-ANIYO! I-It was just a concidence! I will go change another set of clothes now!"

Y/N turn her heels and was about to enter her house to change when Jungkook grab hold of her hand, stopping her from going anywhere. He softly smile at Y/N and told her its alright.

"Hey, it's fine. You don't have to change. I like it this way and I mean it. Besides, doesn't it just means we are quite fated? Knowing that it's such a rare concidence considering it's our first lunch date." Jungkook chuckled. 

Y/N was too shock out of her mind to even say anything back to Jungkook. She couldn't believe that right now, the golden maknae of BTS is actually trying to chase her and considering this to be a date. Just what did she do to deserve this? If BTS fans were to find out about this, they would probably think Y/N save the world in her previous life or something similar. 

"Here, let's get going. I'm sure you're hungry." 

Still not letting Y/N hand go, Jungkook lead her into the car to get her settle down before droving off to a secluded cafe, where there isnt much people who will visit as it requires driving to reach. 

Upon reaching, Jungkook acted as a gentleman and open the car door, helping Y/N out of the car. He even held onto the door of the cafe and drag her seat out for her before pushing it in. Now, that's a side of Jungkook that many have not witness before.

 

Y/N POV

I can't believe the situation that I am in right now. Jungkook oppa is literally treating me like a princess, helping me out even with the slightest things from holding the door to helping me out with the chair. I feel slightly flatter that he is doing all this for me and his actions cause me to have butterflies in my stomach occasionally. There isnt anyone who have treated me this way since I was born, not even Jimin himself. Jimin and I were sweet.. but not like this. Should I make myself clear to Jungkook? I mean I didnt mean to make him think that this is a date. I honestly think this was just some casual lunch. I ended up being lost in my thoughts, trying to think of ways to explain to Jungkook but soon was being snap out of my thoughts by the very person.

"Y/N, what would you like to have?"

"Uh-hh.. Hmm? I'm not really sure. Why don't you recommend and decide for me instead? Since I suppose this is a cafe that you frequently visit, seeing how you brought me here." 

"Hahas. You're smart Y/N, do you know that? Yea, I came here quite often as its a good place to relax and get my mind off stuffs. The peace and solidarity that this place got to offer is insane. Hmm.. would cream pasta be alright for you?"

"Thanks, I know I'm smart and I got to agree with you oppa. This place really makes me feel at peace. Oh and cream pasta will be fine!"

With that, we ordered our food and chatted while we were eating. Most of the conversations we had were just casual conversations but lots of them revolves around me. Jungkook been asking a lot about my preferences and hobbies. I'm not going to complain about it tho, I kind of like it knowing that there's someone willing to know more about me. We eventually found out we have similar habits or should I say personality? Both of us have the tendency to be constantly learning new stuffs but soon switch to others after awhile, we also bears the same competitive spirits in us. It was fun chatting with Jungkook oppa and I didnt notice the time were passing fast. Occasionally, the thoughts of Jimin will pop up in my mind and it seems this didn't go unnoticed by him.

I was thinking about Jimin, about how good would it be if Jungkook were actually Jimin and we both will be chatting and laughing away happily like before. How wonderful will it be to witness Jimin charming smiles once again, knowing that it was directly towards noone else but me. Knowing that I am the cause of his happiness and smiles. Hey Y/N, You know you were never the cause of Jimin happiness. In fact, you were never the cause of anyone happiness. Why didn't you leave with your family during that accident? My eyes wavered and were trying to regain focus. Just who does those voices belong to..? Why do they keep whispering to me..? Jungkook seems to notice I was distracted and tried to bring my attention back. 

"Y/N, what's distracting you? What are you thinking about?"

"H-Hmm..? Nothing. I wasn't thinking about anything in particular."

I smiled awkwardly hoping to just get away with it but it seems Jungkook isn't going to let things go and he exactly caught on to who I was thinking about.

"Is it Jimin? You're thinking about him aren't you?"

"Thats... Ho-Howw.. How did you know about it? I mean, wait-.. You know about Jimin and I??"

I was surprised. How did Jungkook know I was thinking about Jimin? At this point, I was even more surprised at how comfortable I have become with Jungkook that I actually talk to him about Jimin. 

"It's kind of obvious you know. I caught you staring into space a few times while we were talking. Jimin told us about what happen between you and him. It goes way back when we first debuted. I still remember the times where he can't stop talking about you when we first met at the company. He was smitten with you, you know?"

I don't know why but I caught Jungkook smiling bitterly. Its not the same smile he showed me for the past few hours. This smile of his feels more... Im not sure how to describe it. Bitter..? Hurt..? Envious..? I felt bad causing this..

"Oh.. Sorry for spacing out Oppa. I don't mean to, I didn't know I was spacing out. He told you all about it? That's something I will never have expected. Hahas... Did he really talk about me? What did he say about me? And I don't think he was smitten with me."

"He talks about the enchanting eyes and beautiful smile of yours at every chance he get and I agree with him on that. When I first saw you, that was also how I fell for you. But then again, I don't think how I fell for you matters now. I can see that you still love Jimin, so why don't you give him a chance to make it up to you?" 

I witness Jungkook sigh and taking a deep breathe, seemingly trying to hold his emotions back. I felt bad, I really did. I didn't want to continue with this conversation any longer, I might ended up hurting Jungkook or maybe I already did. However, seeing how he trusted me and share about his stuffs to me, I felt that I should do the same.

"I have my reasons oppa. If can, I just want to remain as just friends with Jimin. Even now, I'm not even sure of myself whether I can act normally around him to be friends. Jimin was the reasons behind all the insecurities I have developed over the years, I cant see myself pretending everything will be fine if I really did accept him back. I'm not going to lie. I'm afraid of relationships now. I'm afraid he will dump me and leave me like he did again. Im just so afraid of everything related to Jimin. Getting hurt again definitely isnt on my list to do for living.."

"Ummhmm. I see. I understand where you're coming from considering the things he did to you in the past. But, you do know past is past right? It be great if you can give Jimin hyung another chance. Being his groupmates for the past few years, I believe Jimin has his reasons of doings. Do you trust me? If you trust me, try being his friend and see where it goes. Don't worry, I'll jump right in if he try to hurts you."

Wait.. Why is Jungkook helping Jimin? This is confusing.. Didn't he try chasing me a few moments ago? or am I mistaking things here. 

"Erm.. Jungkook oppa, correct me if I'm wrong. You're interested in me right? Why does it seems like you're trying to help Jimin?"

"Well..  You're not wrong. I am interested in you and trying to win you over but I wouldn't want to do it in this way seeing how you are still hung up over Jimin hyung. I want a fair competition with him, so if I ever win, Jimin have nothing to say about it but would have to accept things the way it is. That applies to me as well. I'm trying to keep things fair and I wouldn't want things to turn sour between Jimin and I."

"Wow.. I never knew you're so mature."

I stared at Jungkook amaze and I respect the way he view the situation.

"Hey! What does that mean?! Are you trying to say I'm a kid? In case you forgot, I am older than you Y/N."

Jungkook reach forward and flicked my forehead lightly.

"What was that for oppa?! That hurts you know!" 

I pout at him and trying to make him guilty by acting like it hurts badly. He actually believed me and frantically start to worry.

"Omg I am so sorry Y/N! Did I hit too hard??? I don't mean to! Let me take a look."

He was about to reach forward to check my forehead but I cant help but to burst into laughter, looking at the way Jungkook panic.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAS. OPPA! IM JUST KIDDING. KEKEKE. I JUST WANTED TO GUILT TRIP YOU."

"YAH Y/N!" 

This time round he ended up really flicking my forehead hard. 

"Ouchhhhh. Oppa!!!!! Aish. Im sorry okay! Besides, Im not trying to mean you are a kid, its just the way you appear to me. You're always laughing and joking around so I will never thought you have this side to you. Nevertheless, thanks oppa, I will try to take the advice you gave. Anyway, it's going to be 3pm soon, dont you need to go for your next schedule?"

"Tsk. You really made me worried for a second there. Don't do that again, you hear me?"

"Ne oppa!"

"You're right, I should get going. I will send you back home first tho. Lets go."

Jungkook ended up sending me back home and he gave me a hug before he leave. I was hesitant to hug him back at first but eventually did to thank him for today. It was enjoyable spending time with him and he really made me laugh alot. I have never felt so happy in a long time. Today will be a memorable day to me.

 

JUNGKOOK POV

After sending Y/N back home, I headed towards my dorm to shower before my next schedule. It was a day well spent with Y/N. I had lots of fun listening to her talk about herself while I get to know her better. Learning her habits and all her likes and dislikes. I can feel myself falling for her even more with each passing seconds with her. I felt hurt and was abit upset when I saw that she was distracted occasionally during our conversation and I was right about her thinking about Jimin. It hurts even more to know that Jimin presence in her heart is occupying a way bigger space than I imagine it to be. I wonder if I will ever be able to claim that space in her heart. I know I am stupid to try and help Jimin hyung instead of just taking advantage of the situation. I bet others will call me dumb if they would to ever find out about this. 

I might ended up regretting my decisions but if I really took advantage of the situation, there will be guilt in my heart forever and I will never be able to live it down. I know, I know. I'm literally like an angel right now. Or should I say, the joker in the love chase? Either way, I am still glad I did it this way. I have also decided to give Jimin hyung Y/N number. It will be up to him on whether he can succeed in obtaining Y/N forgiveness and be able to be friend with her first. 

Im satisfied just by looking at her smile and laugh the whole day today. It doesn't matter who will win or lose in the end. As long as Y/N is happy, everything else does not matter. I guess this pit hole is something I will never be able to climb out. I have a feeling I will be the one losing in the end... But everything will be worth it right?

 

 

 

 

 

______________________________________