Trickery

Fateful Encounter

The next morning, the sun shines brightly in an attempt to pierce through those thick curtains hanging at the windows of Jimin’s room. Soft light shone against the sleeping faces while they were still caught up in their dreams. Slight vibration can be heard from one of their phone which eventually woke one of them up. Y/N reach out her hand in an attempt to find her phone but felt something hard against her palm instead. Feeling strange, she open her eyes to be met with Jimin face right infront of her. 

Y/N POV

I gasped in shock when realisation of what happen yesterday sinks in. Jimin and I slept on the same bed as he was hugging and comforting me to sleep. Everything came crashing down and I felt vulnerable from those close contacts I have with him. Just one slight touch from him was enough to drawn me back into the never ending blackhole. This isnt right..  I mean it feels right but wrong at the same time.. Things werent suppose to be this way. I tilt my head up to have a better look at his face while I smiled bitterly upon having a better look of his features that I have missed for the past years. I find myself subconsciously lifting my fingers to trace his facial features from one end to another. Marking and storing every little details of his face deep into my mind. 

“I missed you chim.. Why didn’t you come back and look for me so I wouldn’t have to suffer under others wrath in the orphanage..” I said in a soft and low voice, hardly heard due to the sounds of birds chipping outside the window. I jerked in surprised when Jimin hand grab onto mine, stoping me from tracing his face and I stare blankly at his moving mouth, without realising he is now facing me. 

“What do you think you are doing, Y/N ah.” Jimin flashed me a teasing but fond smile while still holding onto my hand, not letting it go. My face immediately turn red realizing what I just did, quickly pulling my hand away from his and scrambled off the bed.

“Er.. Sorry and thanks for yesterday-“ Saying it as fast as possible, I gathered my belongings and ran out of his room, follow by the building, getting out of there in a flashed. I heard Jimin yelled my name telling me to wait but I couldnt stand myself staying there another second. Embarrassment and shame overwhelms me knowing that I have shown my weak side to the very one person that I have refuse to back down to. My pride and ego screamed while the voices in my head reprimand me for my own failure and weakness. Now that he have seen your weak side, he’s going to laugh at you just like everyone else did. Take advantage of you and cast you away just like before. But you deserve it. You sought after this yourself Y/N. No one is going to help you in the end.

I walk into a nearby cafe and called Jongin to pick me up. Getting my favourite tea to calm myself down while I take in deep breath trying to forget about what happened but it's not happening. I caught myself giggling and smiling to myself occasionally, cant help but to cover my face with my hands in embarrassment. I felt my heart flutter like a teenager again in ages, stomach being filled with butterflies. Omg what's happening to me. Why am I being like this. Shaking my head vigorously, bringing myself back to reality, I saw Jongin car drove up by the street just in time. I left my seat and got into the car, still grinning to myself. Obviously, this didnt go unnoticed by Jongin. "Did something good happen?" He asked with a teasing but curious tone. You idiot. You already know what happen. How could you agree to Jimin and let me stay over at his dorm. I mentally thought to myself but didnt spit it out. "Nothing oppa." Turning my head out towards the views outside the car window. "Well,if you say so." Once again, his teasing tone didnt go unnoticed by yours truly. I just rolled my eyes letting it slide. "Y/N, is it just me? Or your necklace is missing?" Jongin words caught my attention and I quickly glide my hand over my chest to check. I panic when I cant feel the necklace around my neck. "Oppa-! Turn back! Hurry up and turn back!!" Jongin nodded and made a U-turn infront heading back to where we came from. I alighted at the speed of light running back to the cafe to check, dissappointment rises in my gut when there is no sign of the necklace. No way... I cant believe I lost the necklace... At this point in time, I have no idea why didnt the idea of my necklace dropping at Jimin's room occurs to me. I can feel myself choking on my own tears while walking back to the car. "Did you find it?" Slience overwhelms and Jongin took it as a sign not to enquire any further. He start the engine and drove off to Eric's company building as Empire have dance practices today. 

 

JIMIN POV

I was feeling super tired as I only headed to sleep yesterday night when I am completely sure Y/N is soundly asleep. I'm not really sure if she's awake or half asleep when she blurted out that she loves me but I felt ultimate joy and happiness when I heard those words. Seeing her cry in her sleep sure breaks my heart into pieces, I can only offer her comfort by keeping her close to me and humming tunes to her. Still, yesterday can be considered as a small improvement between us. I felt soft fingers touching and tracing my face and I already figured it's Y/N. I continue playing dead letting her do what she wants. I caught her whispering and wonder what she meant by suffering under the wrath of others. Figured that it was enough, I swiftly caught her hand and turn to look at her. Her reaction was so priceless. I caught her face turning beet red and her eyes widen when it met with mine. She got out of bed quickly like a squirrel and I cant help but to smile fondly at this cute side of her. Before I can reply to her words, she was out of the room in no time and I couldnt find her afterwards. I couldn't stop grinning to myself and probably creeped out my members when they saw me that morning. I went back into my room to tidy my bed but heard something drop when I was folding the blanket. I crouched down and something was shining back at me. Upon closer look, I realise it's the necklace I gave to Y/N back in the days. I took out my phone thinking I should let her know that she drop it at my room but an idea flashes in my head and I decided not to. I stare at the neckace in my hand and I grin to myself. This is another opportunity to interact with her..

Hour passes by fast but I still feel that its too slow. My mind was filled with Y/N and I cant wait for this last schedule to end so I can pay Y/N a surprise visit. I gotten Jisoo number from Namjoon and decided to text her to find out about their schedules. 

Annyeong Jisoo, Jimin here. Y/N forgot her stuff while she visited us yesterday, can I know when she is free from schedules today so I can return her stuff to her?

Annyeong Jimin!!! Ahh.. We dont have much schedule today. We will be spending most of our time practicing for our next song. You can drop by our practice room later when you are free. I'm sure she will be happy to see you. ;)

That's great! I'll drop by later. Thanks Jisoo! 

Keeping my phone back into my bag while I concentrate on the current recordings, to get it done quickly. I rushed back to the dorm to shower and head out to find Y/N as soon as Im prepared. My members gave me questionable glances wondering why I am heading out instead of resting but they probably knew where Im heading to so they just let it slide. Along the way, I grabbed some chicken for the girls and Y/N favourite tea, figuring they be hungry from all the practices. Upon reaching, I stood outside the dance practice room, peeking through the slightly opened door. Mesmerise by Y/N dance, I find myself unable to peel my eyes away from her. Soon, the practices came to an end and I stood outside waiting for them. Hyuna and Jisoo were the first to went out and I greeted them while passing them the chickens. "You can go in you know, Y/N probably wont be done so soon. She have a tendency to practice till late nights. She wont stop until she is satisfied." Hyuna said to me while Jisoo went to grab Sohye out of the room. "We will leave her in your care." Jisoo smile brightly at me and all of them left. I heard music being played and turn around to look, Y/N was indeed practicing again. She's really hardworking compared to others. That's my girl.

I cleared my throat and enter the room to get her attention. She span around as soon as she hear it and started pointing at me from head to toe. "What-what are you doing here?!" I chuckled at her reaction and step closer towards her. She took a few steps back with every step I took towards her. She was eventually trap between the mirror and me. "Well.. I miss you so I came to see you." I gave her the best smile I have, waiting for her reply. Her ears turn red and she looked down at the ground refusing to look into my eyes. "Er..now- now that you see me, you can leave." It's so cute seeing how she stutter on her own words and trying to hide her shyness from me.

"Hey Y/N, where is your necklace?"

"I-.. I lost it.." 

I managed to notice the change in her tone when she reply, obviously upset over the lost of it. Giving my all to try and prevent myself from bursting into laughter, I recomposed myself by taking in deep breath. "Oh... What if I can find it for you?" Her head snap up immediately upon hearing and her eyes sparkle with hope.

"Rea-Really? Did you mean what you say?"

"Of course. That is on one condition." I stare into her eyes and I caught her tense up. It took her awhile to speak while I waited patiently for her reply. "What condition?" Although she stared back into my eyes confidently, I hear hint of nervousness coming from her voice.

"If I manage to find it and return to you, you will give me a chance to date you in return."

"What?! You must be kidding me. Dont get ahead of yourself Park Jimin." She pushed me aside with all her strength as she stomps towards the door. Anytime now. You're going to turn back Y/N. I thought to myself, thats when she stop right when she was about to head out the door. "A-..About that.. Can you really find the necklace..?" Bingo. She got caught. I walk towards her to close the gap between us and stop right behind her. "Of course. I meant what I said." Y/N turned around and fidget nervously. "O-ok..."

"Sorry, what? I cant really hear you Y/N" That was a lie as I wanted her to state it loud and clear. "GOSH! I SAID OK!"

"Ok to what?"

"OK TO DATE YOU IF YOU MANAGE TO FIND THE NECKLACE AND RETURN IT BACK TO ME." Perfect, Thats right. That is what I wanted to hear. I smirk and smile at her, removing my right hand from my pocket and reaching toward her back of the neck. "There you go. And no turning back on your words." Her eyes widen in shocked as she finally realise what just happen. "PARK JIMIN! YOU PIECE OF ! YOU TRICKED ME!" I laugh as I ran away from her while she chase me with her fist in the air but I eventually stop and turn around, causing her to bump right into me. I wrapped my arms around her tight and rested my cheeks on her soft hair. "I'm sorry for tricking you but that's the only way you will say yes." She struggled out of my embrace and step on my foot real hard. "YAH! YOU-!!!! FINE! IM A PERSON OF MY WORDS. BUT LISTEN UP HERE, I WONT AND NEVER WILL LET YOU BACK IN. DATES DOESNT MEAN WE ARE BACK TOGETHER." After spitting those words towards me with bright red cheeks, she stomp out of the room. Before she exit, I shouted back at her. "I know but we will see! Im confident you will be back! See you tomorrow for our date! I know you dont have any schedules for tomorrow!" The last thing I heard from her was her cursing under her breath while she disappear from my sight while I chuckle and cant stop smiling to myself. Finally. Slow but small progress. Y/N ah.. Just you wait. I will slowly make you open up to me again. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------