Let the game begin

Fateful Encounter

Y/N POV

“Seriously?! Just shut up for once will you?!”

It was the middle of the night where I got woken up by my own voice. They wouldnt stop and I have to admit. I kind of like the way it tortures me. At least it make me feels alive. I glance at my surrounding and my eyes landed on my phone at the bedstand. 

I arched my body forward reaching for my phone and saw a message from an unknown number. Curious, I click into it and my lips soon turn into a smirk the moment I saw who it was from. I whispered to myself while typing a reply. 

“Oh boy, you sure doesnt know what you have got yourself into. Let the game begin sweetheart.”

To Jimin

Aww why are you typing such a long message. If friends what you wanna be. Why not? Oh and dont worry, you will soon find out that being friends may not be what you want afterall. ;) To commerate us being friends again, why not we meet up for some coffee soon?

Xoxo Solhee

Obviously not expecting a reply that soon as its the middle of the night right now, I slide my phone back into my pocket while I walk out of my ward and head towards the roof. The cold breeze brushes against my skin upon reaching the roof while I inhale the fresh scent. Yes. This is the air that I miss. Hospital smells like toxic and a dead monetary to me. I need to find a way to get out of here as soon as possible but what ways do I have? I close my eyes and allow myself to be freed for a few moment, enjoying my quality time alone from everyone else. 

Just then, an idea hits me. Oh..! Wait.. There is a way.. My lips curved upwards and I begin dialing someone using my phone. 

“H-hello..?”

A grouchy tone can be heard from the other end and I smirk to myself. Let the acting begin.

“Hello Eric! How have you been?”

I raised my tone and sounded super cheery in an attempt to mask my emotions. 

“....Wait.. what?.. Y/N?!” 

I can totally picture Eric jolting up from his bed trying to grasp what’s going on right now. I pretend to giggle and continue my act.

”Yes Im Y/N. Why are you so shock for??”

”Ah.. no its just- I didnt expect you to call me. I thought you are in the hospital resting right now? I heard from Junhyung that you fainted.”

”Eeee whattt. Cant I call you? Im feeling much better now thats why Im calling you. I was thinking of asking you to shorten my break and let me go back to my activities. Being at home doing nothing is making me even more sick.”

”Y/N ah, its great that you are feeling better but I still cant let you join back the activities. Junhyung specifically said-“

Before eric can continue, I threw aegyo plead towards him and if anybody would to see me, they probably thought Im mad.

“Pweeeaseeeeeeeee ericccccc. Im boreddd and I swear Im feeling much better now! Dont turn me downn. Pweseeeeee!”

”Sigh. Fine. Allow me to do some arrangement, I’ll have you attend the fan meet later that afternoon. For now, can you please go rest. Its like 3am in the morning!”

”AWWWW THANKIEW SO MUCH ERIC!! I LOVE YOU!!”

”Ya ya. Now go. Goodnight Y/N. I will ask your manager to fetch you tomorrow.”

”Okay! Goodnight eric!”

*toot toot toot*

Sounds of the phone being ended can be heard and my expression soon darkened after putting down the phone. “That was easy. I knew the few years training as an idol and actress isnt going to let me down. Finally putting my acting to good use.” I laugh sarcastically at myself and lay down on the ground.

Staring at the dark sky filled with stars, I wondered to myself. Who is this person right now pretending to be me? Wait.. Is she me all along? Maybe this is the real me afterall. Nevertheless, it feels good to be emotionless. No one can hurt me, no one can get to me. Im well protected. I decided to stay a little longer on the roof before I head back to my ward awaiting for my new phase of life. 

 

-The next morning

 

JIMIN POV

The sunray shine through the curtains and landed upon Jimin face. I felt subtle brightness through my close eyes and stir in my sleep. Mmm.. Yesterday was a bad day at first but it ended well with me getting Y/N contact, I manage to gather my courage and strike up a conversation with her and I waited all night for her reply but it never came. Still refusing to open my eyes, I felt slight disappointment gushing through as I sigh heavily.

“Jimin, time to wake up. We got a schedule later!” I heard someone shout from the other side of my door. Oh.. right.. I have a schedule later. I lazily got myself up and went towards the bathroom to freshen myself. Changing into a new pairs of clothes, I grab my phone and was about to walk out until I saw something unbelievable. Feeling of joy rushes through and I scream in happiness. ”OMG IS IT REAL?! YES YES YES! FINALLY! SHE REPLIED!” But something feel amiss. I stare at the way Y/N ended the message. xoxo Solhee..? Did she just call herself Solhee? After that day when she said she is not Solhee anymore..? I feel happy but I am not sure of this unsettling feeling I have inside. It feels like something is going to turn bad, not just bad.. but really wrong..

I decide to shake that feeling off and reply Y/N. 

To Y/N 

You have no idea how happy I am right now. Sure! You know I will do anything you say. Lets grab coffee when you are feeling better. Erm.. Do you want me to call you Y/N or Solhee? I mean you ended the message using Solhee.. I thought I should ask in case you get upset if you dont want me to.

-Jimin

I smiled brightly to myself as tho I just won a massive jackpot and didnt caught myself skipping and hopping out of my room.

“GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!” I grin like an idiot while entering the living room. Humming unrecognise tunes as I head to pour myself a cup of coffee.

“Whats going on Jimin? You seems undeniably hyper today.”

”Nothing much hyung! The weather is pefect today! Dont ya think?”

“Erm.. okay I guess..?” I wasnt paying much attention to them and didnt notice they were eyeing at me suspiciously. All I did was to look down at my phone and grin at Y/N message. Reading it over and over again.

“Probably worked out eh?” I heard Jungkook spoke while eyeing me. I turn and gave Jungkook a smile.

“Yea. Thanks kookie. I owe you one.”

”You bet you do.”

Things seems to be going smoothly and well now. Jungkook and I were back on good terms and Y/N accepted my suggestions to be friends again. It seems too good to be true that I even doubt it myself. Maybe heaven is giving me a chance and telling me to set things right this time round, or is it the other way round? I was blinded by the temporary happiness right now, not knowing I was about to be trap like a little mouse being played by the very person I let down before..

 

 

 

_____________________________________