“First” Encounter

Fateful Encounter

Y/N POV

“Hurry up Unnies! All of you are being so slow like a snail! Come on, lets go!” I pout at them while dragging them out of our dorm to the car. “One minute! I need to get my lucky charm.” Sohye replied and ran towards her room. Argh this unnie. As always, she is obsessed with her penguin lucky charm. 

All of us then got into our van and we are heading towards mcountdown to perform our very first debut stage. I didn’t sleep well last night as I was feeling nervous for today stage. It’s not like I am super nervous about our performance today, I am more worried and nervous about bumping into Jimin at mcountdown since BTS is having their comeback as well. As much as I wanted to see him and get my revenge, there is still a part of me that will be forever soft whenever it comes to Jimin. Deep down, I know I can’t avoid seeing him at events and festivals as long as I am in this industry. It’s better for me to face it now than later. Besides, I doubt he will recognise me as I have change my name.

Approximately 45minutes later, we finally arrive at mcountdown. The staffs of mnet guide us to our waiting room while our manager went to get us some snacks as we havent eaten anything since morning. As soon as we were in the waiting room, our stylist and makeup artists start styling our hairs and makeup. I was dozing off during the process due to a lack of sleep. Without noticing, I eventually drifted off into my dreamland. 

Argh.. Feeling slightly irritated as I stir in my sleep, I felt a pair of hands teasing my lower chin and trying to tickle my waist. “Stop it..” I murmur half asleep but the person didn’t stop. Feeling grumpy and annoyed, I opened my eyes and shouted “YAH I SAID STOP IT DIDNT I?” Sohye who was doing these to me got a shock and jumped at my sudden voice. “Y/N, I was just waking you up. We have to go visit sunbaes room and greet them. I know you are tired but you don’t have to be so annoyed.” Sohye said while looking slightly afraid. Oh .. I made Sohye upset and blame her when it isn’t her fault. I should apologize to her. “Sorry Sohye unnie, I didn’t mean to shout at you, was having a bad dream and got slightly annoyed.” Well... I lied about the bad dream but it doesn’t hurts to lie to Sohye right? Rather than having her blame herself and being all upset about it.

“Alright, break it up Y/N and Sohye. Let’s get going. We don’t have much time left.” Hyuna unnie pat us both on the back and push us gently towards the door. With that, we make rounds visiting different sunbaes and greeting them. It was interesting to witness the different reactions each sunbaes gave when we greet them. Most are very supportive and caring but of course there are a few that are stuck-up. I didn’t stay for long and exited quickly upon meeting arrogant sunbaes. Their attitude digust me. “Ladies, one more room to go and we are done with the greetings. Let’s hurry up!” Jisoo unnie grab us by our hands and drag us to the very last room to greet. Oh no... no... I froze upon looking at the name pasted at the door: “BTS” 

 

Jimin POV

“DNA!” Jungkook shouted jokingly while doing a turn and dancing the moves to DNA.

“That’s not how you do it.” I said with a smirk and started moving my hips up and down ily dancing to EXID song. 

“Yah Jimin ah, that’s not our song.” Even though thats what J-hope said, he still join me in dancing “up and down”. 

“Aish you two are embarrasing.” Namjoon shake his head but moment later he was dancing to the beat together with us. 

*Knock knock* All of us turn our attention to the door, we panicked and quickly stop what we was doing. We wouldn’t want any of our hoebaes witness our embarrasing sides, would we? 

“Yes?! Please enter.” Suga hyung call out. The door open and a group of four girls enter the room. It didnt even take me long to focus my attention on one of them, Y/N who I found familiar ever since that day of watching their videos. 

“Oh hey it’s those girls in the video. Hahas! Pretty!” Jin hyung commented. This hyung is starting again with his flirts.. I thought to myself and mentally facepalm. 

“HANA DUL SET! EMPIRE IMNIDA” The girls bowed and greeted us. I have to admit they are cute. “Ne. Nice to meet you all.” “Goodluck on your debut stage later” “Don’t be too nervous!” We replied and bowed as well. With that, the girls turn and leave. Not without me staring at Y/N till the very end. When her necklace slides out of her collar when turning, my mind went completely blank and unknowingly, I shut myself out from my surrounding. 

Is that Solhee...? That’s the necklace I bought for Solhee! It has my initials on it! No.. This cant be true! It’s been years since I lost contact with her from the day I left. When I went back 1 year back, the orphanage told me she got adopted and moved. I tried to search for her but to no avail. I miss her... I really do. But her name isn’t Solhee. It’s Y/N? But she look so familiar. Was my eyes playing trick on me? Did I see wrongly about that necklace? I want to hug her so badly. Tell her I’m sorry and make it up to her. No.. I must be dreaming. Must be the lack of sleep. 

I was lost in my endless train of thoughts but was brought back to reality when Taehyung rock me vigourously by my shoulders. “Anybody there? JIMIN???? Stop day dreaming and staring at Y/N. She’s gone.” 

“Sorry. Didn’t notice I was spacing out.” I rubbed my temple while replying. This is causing me such a headache. 

“Sure sure. Drooling over her and imagining her doing things with you huh?” Jungkook smirked and place his arms over my shoulder. 

My eyes widen upon hearing what he said. “WHAT?! NO! Of course not!” Feeling exhausted, I slap Kookie arms away and went to the couch to rest. Why does today feel so draining? I close my eyes and allow myself to drift off awhile.

”Jimin, it’s our turn. Wake up. Time to go.” Namjoon hyung woke me up gently and gave me some time to adjust to the brightness before heading to the stage. I threw my thoughts away for that few minutes and gave my all on stage, not letting down my fans, my army. When its over, I walk quickly back to our waiting room and slump down on the couch. Feeling super lethargic and strengthless. 

“You feeling alright?” 

I tilt my head slightly to the left and saw Namjoon hyung looking at me.

”Yea hyung. Just slightly tired.”

”You sure? You know you can always rely on us if there’s anything wrong or troubling you.”

”Yes hyung. I know and I am sure.”

”Alright. Don’t stress yourself too much and rest.”

”I will. Thanks hyung.” Before flashing one of my reputable eye smile at Namjoon.

*Slightly 15mins later*

“Hey guys! It’s them! The girls from Empire! Look!” Jin shouted.

I turn my head towards the monitor in the waiting room and saw the girls getting ready to perform on stage. The music goes off and they start dancing to the beat. I honestly couldn’t focus on the song and the moves. My eyes keep  wandering off to Y/N neck area, hoping to catch a glimpse of the necklace again. I needed confirmation badly. Is Solhee and Y/N the same person? Or Y/N got the necklace from Solhee herself?