Searching for an assurance

Fateful Encounter

Y/N POV

That was close. I was sweating profusely and trying to avoid looking at Jimin at the waiting room. I didn’t want him to find out I’m Solhee. My plan is to be successful before revealing my real identity to him. 

I caught Jimin staring at me throughout at the waiting room and my heart started pounding rapidly, telling me to get out as soon as possible. My members were doing the talking while I am doing my best to hide behind them. As soon as we were done with the greetings, I didn’t blink twice and turn my heels towards the door, exiting quickly. 

Back at my waiting room, I can’t help but think about the image of Jimin back at the waiting room. He still look as beautiful as before and his smile... everything about him is still as charming as ever or even better. It saddens me to know that I’m not the one by his side watching him while he improve and grow. Reality hit me hard when I recall that he doesnt want anything to do with me and he isn’t mine to start with. Thinking about him isn’t beneficial for me at all. Jimin is definitely my worst distraction. 

Slapping myself on both of my cheeks to bring me back to reality, we went to have our last outfits check before heading towards the stage. Standing on the stage was something I would never have imagine myself doing in the past. Being mock for my looks and skills, I worked my off to improve myself, shutting myself in a practice room training endlessly. Sometimes I end up not noticing the time and I will be practicing for two to three days straight before collapsing but it’s all worth it.

The moment when I stand on this stage, my fatigue, my worries and my insecurities vanish into thin air, indulging myself in the music. It’s just you (music) and I, nothing else matter. 

The debut stage was a success, we can hear loud roarings of cheers while we dance to the grooves and was surprise when we hear fanchants coming from the audience. That was unexpected knowing that this is our first live performance. All of us was mentally worn out after the stage and slump at the couch once we reach our waiting room. Sohye was the first to knock out and she was laying on my lap causing me unable to shift. I needed the toilet badly but decided to endure as I didnt want to wake Sohye up. Unknowningly, I drifted off to sleep soon after.

Jisoo POV

”Hey girls! Im back with drinks..rinks..” I trail off and soften my volume when I walk into the waiting room seeing both of the youngest soundly asleep while Hyuna sign me the be quiet look. I set the drinks on the table and went closer to them. Aww.. This is such a warm and rare sight. The both of them are always bickering at every chance they have, it’s pretty good to have them being all quiet and docile. I went over to grab two jacket placing gently over them and went to sit beside Hyuna. 

“Hyuna ah, we finally debut huh?” 

“Yea, it feels like a dream Jisoo. If it is a dream, I wouldnt want to be awake” 

“Want me to slap you to see whether its a dream?” I said jokingly while preparing to raise my hand. 

“Yah! No need! Your strength is no joke. I think it will leave a mark on my face if you do that.” Hyuna replied while jokingly hitting me on my arm. 

*Knock knock*

Just then, a knock interrupted our conversation and I went to open the door. 

“Yes? How may I help you? OHHHH WOWWW HOLD ON—“ I gasp in shock as I lifted my head and saw who was it. BTS sunbae is now standing infront of our waiting room. Daebak. I thought to myself before quickly signal Hyuna to come over. 

“Hello girls. Just thought we come over to say bye before leaving” Jin said with a bright smile while waving to us. 

“Oh hello! Ahh that was kind of you sunbaenims” I said in reply and bow. When I lifted my head to look at them, I notice Jimin was distracted, he was tilting his head, trying to glance beyond me and Hyuna, searching for something else. Ahh.. Is he looking for Y/N? Not like we didn’t notice. Hyuna, Sohye and I have been noticing Jimin staring at Y/N, looking as if he is going to burn a hole with his stare at their previous encounter. Curious if our instincts  is on point, I decide to tease Jimin a little.

”Who are you desperately looking for while tiptoeing? Jimin-shi?” I said. Hyuna caught on pretty quick and added on.

”Looking for Y/N perhaps?” Hyuna teasingly smile at Jimin. 

“Oh-what?! No.. I’m not looking for anyone! Im just curious as to how does a rookie waiting room look like, it been ages you see..” Jimin panick a little while replying.

Yeap. He is definitely guilty and lying. 

“Oh I see. So sorry about it then. We can’t let you guys in as you see, Y/N and Sohye is now sleeping soundly looking oh so cute in their dreamland.” I said in a teasing tone. 

“Jimin ah, you shouldnt be so obvious even if you are interested in Y/N-shi.” Taehyung hug Jimin from behind and said. 

Jimin eyes widen, turning around to glare at Taehyung telling him to shut up before turning back to us and said: “We should go. Sorry for disturbing. See you girls sometimes soon.” 

“Ay? So fast?? I wanted to stay a little longer and talk to them.” Jin hyung whine and pout. 

“Come on lets go. We are going to be late for our next schedule.” Namjoon added and drag Jin away.

”See you Hyuna and Jisoo-shi!” All members of BTS say and wave at us. 

“See you Sunbaenims!” 

Soon after, we woke up the sleeping beauties and prepare to head back to dorm. 

 

Jimin POV

Empire stage soon ended and I didn’t manage to catch a glimpse of Y/N necklace again. Feeling frustrated and dissapointed, i slouch back into the couch and ruffle my hair in frustration.

”Jimin hyung you seems distracted. Something bothering you?” 

“Not really.”

At this point of time I really didn’t want to talk much. I just want to be alone.

”Sure hyung? We know you’re not usually like this. Is it because of Y/N? We totally saw you staring at her non stop.”

Y/N again. Why does everyone keep mentioning her to me and teasing me about it. Feeling slightly irritated.

”Yes. I. Am. I am totally fine, Jungkook. Just needed some rest. One more thing, I am not staring at Y/N, neither am I interested in her. I have no time for girls neither do I have time to think about sweet romance. Right now, my only priority is my career.” I said sternly and placing emphasise on my words.

”If you say so.” Jungkook then turn and walk away. If people were to know one thing about Jimin, it is to never irritate and piss him off. He may be the angel in the group, joking around and always smiling but no one likes it when he is angry. A angry Jimin isnt well like by others and sure as hell people are afraid of it.

”Hey its time to go. Lets drop by Empire waiting room and say our farewell since its along the way.” Namjoon spoke breaking the tension.

”WHAT?!” My eyes widen and look at Namjoon. 

“No I’m not plotting anything. I only want to build a good relationship with them. I have taken a liking to them and no, not in a romantic way. Its more of I’m impressed with their hardwork and dedication but of course, not forgetting their talents. I hope to collaborate in the near future. Oh and no more but, get ready and lets go.” Namjoon look specifically at me and obviously trying to get his point across. 

i know I cant defy Namjoon. Sighing, I began to grab and pack my stuffs to get going.

Soon enough we were infront of the girls waiting room and Jin hyung didnt hesitate to knock. Few moments later, Jisoo opened the door and was surprised at our existence right infront of her. I then saw Hyuna walking over to the door to greet us as well. I smiled back and was trying to find Y/N. Trying to look pass Jisoo and Hyuna, I begin tilting my head and tiptoe slightly. What I didnt notice was I was caught doing it. 

Quickly, I turn my heels and walk away, trying to get out of there as soon as possible. By this point in time, I was dying of embarrasment. I cant believe I was caught by the girls themselves. I thought I was doing it discreetly. 

Not needed to say, I definitely going to die of getting tease by my members when we get back to our dorms. I am in for a long night..

Subconciously, I whipped out my phone and glance at my phone wallpaper. It’s a photo of Solhee and I when we were young. Gliding my fingers over the photo, I mumur “I miss you Solhee...”

 

______________________________________