Starting from the bottom

Fateful Encounter

JIMIN POV

Lunch time felt like hell to me, knowing Jungkook was out having lunch with Y/N, my stomach churn and feels upset from just the thoughts of them being together. I barely touch any food during my lunch. Namjoon hyung seems to notice it and been trying to shove more food on my plate. Thanks hyung is all I can say while still not eating much.

I was so distracted by thoughts of Y/N that I couldnt dance well during earlier practice. I felt bad for dragging everyone down and decided to spend my whole afternoon practicing instead of resting. I was feeling tired and weak but I couldnt care less. Right now, it seems doing something to keep myself occupied is so much better compared to letting my mind run wild. 

Time passes pretty quick and it was around 3plus. I probably been practicing for 3hours straight without any rest. Suddenly, I felt pain gushes through my head and was hit with dizziness soon after. I stumble from turning and collapse on the dance floor. I curse under my breath and decided to close my eyes for a few moments while laying on my back to rest. Things havent been going well for me since the day I met Y/N.

”Hyung, you there?”

I heard someone knock on the door and I figured it’s Jungkook from the voice. I decided to ignore as I couldnt find the strength to say anything. I was still feeing dizzy from before. 

“Hyung, Im coming in-“

I heard Jungkook open the door and enter. The next thing I knew, he was shouting at the top of his lungs and he came over to me shaking me vigorously.

”HYUNG?! ARE YOU OKAY?! DONT DIE ON ME LIKE THAT. HYUNGG!”

Huh...? Is he thinking Im dead or something? Well not that I can blame him for thinking that way because anyone would think the same thing if they were to see me lying motionless on the floor with my eyes close and refusing to budge.

”YAH YAH YAH! Im not dead! Im just resting!”

I grab Jungkook arms to prevent him from worsening my headache from all his shaking and open my eyes to look at him.

“Hyung! Dont scare me like that! At least reply when I ask you just now.”

”Sorry. Was too tired to say anything.”

”Hyung you should eat something, the rest of the members told me you didnt eat much during lunch and here you are practicing your off. You’re going to spoil your body at this rate.”

”Just let me be. Rotting sounds like a good idea.” 

I brush Jungkook hands away and try to stand up. I still felt dizzy but I just wanted to continue practicing. When I was about to start, Jungkook drag me by my arms and towards the cafeteria. I was struggling for him to let go but its impossible in the first place. Jungkook have a much bigger build than me and I hardly had any strengths left. 

“YAH! LET GO JUNGKOOK!” 

“YAH! YOU HEAR ME??”

Before I knew, I was already at the cafeteria being force to sit and there are food place infront of me. I glance at the food and felt disgust rushing through my guts. No. Hell no. I really dont want to have anything. I glance at Jungkook and back at the food and back at him again to only witness him mouth “eat.” I rolled my eyes at him and wanted to leave but he grab my arms before I could do so, forcing me to sit back down again.

”Whats your problem Jungkook?! Cant you leave me alone!” 

I snapped and hissed at him.

”You know, you’re really stubborn and selfish hyung. Cant you see that everyone else is worried about you and you choose to ignore and do whatever you feel like? Are you really older than me? I honestly feel that you’re the maknae in the group instead.”

”Oh? So now you want to insult me saying Im childish and not acting like my age?”

I bite my lip and replied. Deep down, I know it all too well. What Jungkook said was so right, Im acting like a brat making everyone worried, refusing to take notice of others feelings and only do what I want to do. But to have him to tell me about it? Is a big no. I wouldnt want my rival to throw facts at me, my pride wouldnt allow me to swallow them.

”Look hyung, Im trying to talk to you nicely here and it doesnt help if you keep acting like a brat to me.”

”Then dont talk to me.” 

I rebutted and look away from him.

“You think I want to be the one dealing this  with you? Taehyung wanted to talk to you as he was worried sick about you but I told him I will talk to you instead as I have other things to tell you as well. Make your choice hyung. Start eating and I will tell you about Y/N.”

”Wtf Jungkook, are you trying to threaten me to eat right now?”

”No I am not. Im just giving you a deal. Take it or leave it. I can only say you will definitely regret big time if you refuse the deal.”

Tch. Do I have a choice to say no? He knows Im weak when it comes to Y/N. I couldnt possibly refuse. I just glared at Jungkook and started eating.

”While you’re eating, pass me your phone.”

”What for?” 

“Just pass me your phone goddammit. Its not as if I didnt use your phone before.”

”Fine. Here. Better catch it or I will slaughter you.”

I tossed my phone towards Jungkook using one of my free hand and was watching him typing something into my phone.

”So what do you want to do with my phone? I should at least be inform, you know.”

”Just keep quiet and eat hyung. I’ll be done in a jiffy.”

Sure enough, he is done within quick seconds and he tossed the phone back to me without warning. I almost drop my phone if I wasnt swift enough.

”Yah! How can you throw it back to me without saying anything?! I almost drop my phone!”

”Tsk. Stop complaining and be grateful.”

”Why should I be grateful to you? We are both chasing after Y/N you know.”

He didnt reply but just look at me and point to my phone. I still didnt quite get what he means and look down into the screen. Now, I regretted stuffing my mouth with food cause I almost choke from what I have seen. 

Contact: Y/N

What?! Did he really just give me Y/N number?? Wait, is this even real?! I direct my attention back onto Jungkook and wanted to ask whether its real as well as wanted to thank him but I cant seem to bring out the words. All I can manage was to stutter. 

“E-err.. w-what.. re-realll..?”

Trying my best to speak, I hope he get what I mean. 

“Omg hyung. Yes its real, its her number.”

”Really..? B-but.. why?”

“Hahas.. Call me stupid if you like, but I want Y/N to be happy and she cant be if she keeps on hanging onto you and the past. I would rather have her face it than runaway from it. I realise I dont stand a place if she dont move away from the past. So Im giving you the chance to help her. Dont mess it up mochi.”

This really came as a surprise to me. I would never expect Jungkook to give me Y/N contact. I thought he will take the chance to lead instead of giving me the chance to talk to Y/N. But I understood what he really wants when I saw his smile and eyes. He was smiling bitterly and his eyes has a hint of sadness in them. I can really see that he likes Y/N truthfully and all he wants is for her to be happy. But.. will I be able to make her happy..? It seems Jungkook would be a better choice for her.. Im far off as compared to what Jungkook could offer to Y/N.

”In case you’re thinking you dont deserve what Im giving you right now, you’re right. You don’t. Right now, I definitely would be a better choice for Y/N and I can offer her so much more but I’m not the one she need. She need you instead but Im not giving up either. As long as there is a chance or any hint of you hurting her, I will jump straight in and take her away. Goodluck hyung.”

I was about to reply but Jungkook walked away before I could say anything to him. Thanks kookie.. It was selfless of you to protect Y/N this way.. If only I was like Jungkook in the past, things would be different.

I stare down at the phone in my hand, still couldnt register what should I do with this information..

Screw this Park Jimin!! I curse at myself. Start manning up and stop being a coward! You had enough running away all these times and its time you really start doing something. Even Jungkook could do a better job than you! GET GOING AND WIN HER BACK.

Determined, I started typing a message to send to Y/N. Lets start from the bottom and slowly earn her trust back. I really do hope she will give me a chance and reply.. 

To Y/N

Hey, Good afternoon. Sorry to disturb you suddenly but it’s Jimin here. You might not want to talk to me or have anything to do with me right now but I feel like I should still try and make things right. Jungkook gave me your contact and told me to man up. He’s right.. I have always been a coward running away from our problems but now, I have decided to face them. 

Starting off with, apologise for kissing and hugging you the other day. I shouldnt have done any skinships with you knowing that we are no longer together or related in any ways. That was out of board. Im sorry and I hope you can forgive me for that. I have always been a jerk thinking that you will forever be mine no matter what happens but I was completely wrong. I shouldnt even think of it this way, acting like you’re an object that I owned. I was an idiot. I have my reasons of not going back to look for you but I feel that I shouldnt explain myself as whatever it is, its the past and it will just be excuses if I insist on hanging onto them. 

From now on, I just want to be by your side and grow old together with you. I wouldnt trade you for anything else. I want to help you through your traumas and insecurities. I want to be there for you when you need someone. I hope you will give me a chance to do so. Im not saying to be back together. Im saying to give me a chance, let me be your friend and from then on see where will fate take us to.

Is it alright with you? Let me know if its too difficult to even be a friend. I’ll wait. Just to let you know, I still love you Y/N. Nothing else matter as long as its you. 

Looking forward to your reply.

From Jimin, chimchim.

 

 

 

__________________________________