Love is not over

Fateful Encounter

 

 

It has been 2 weeks since the date with Jimin. We haven’t been seeing each other since then due to our busy schedules. Nevertheless, we still kept in contact by constant texting and occasional short calls in between our breaks. The interaction and conversation that day had been keeping me awake every night thinking about it. As time passes, the darkness creeps and swallows a bigger part of me each time. The most hilarious part is, no matter how time passes, there will always be this little hope of light in me, believing things will return to how it was before. I used to believe Jimin were once my light but I was wrong. He’s still am, but it comes together as a package with darkness. Both of us never really did talk about what happened in the past. It’s like the past doesn’t exist in our book but deep down both of us knew it happened. So here I am, staring at my reflection in the practice room mirror, watching sweats drip from my forehead while a smile creeps onto my face as I re-read the conversation I had with Jimin, waiting patiently for his reply.

3:45pm - Jimin
How’s your day, sunshine?

3:47pm - Y/N
Hey, been busy and hectic as usual. Finally having the time to practice some choreography. Idiot, told you to stop calling me sunshine didn’t I?! How about you?


3:48pm - Jimin
Same goes for me. Fight me then. I will
never stop calling you sunshine. ;)


3:50pm - Y/N
Argh! I swear don’t make me go down and
smack you in the head!


3:52pm - Jimin
I’m waiting! If I get to have a chance to see
you, I don’t see why I couldn’t stand getting
smacks from you.

 

3:55pm - Y/N
You and your honey words again. Stop trying to flirt with me stupid!


3:56pm - Jimin
You know, I will never ever stop flirting with
you. Besides, those are not honey words,
it’s words that came truthfully from my heart.


4:00pm - Y/N
That’s it. You’re hopeless. I officially declare that Park Jimin is a retard. I don’t see why you got chosen as the most popular guy on ISAC. They must be BLIND. Did you drug them or something along the line?


4:02pm - Jimin
Aww you bet. I’m only a retard for you because
you’re special to me. Don’t try to deny it. I know
deep down you secretly like it a lot. Probably? 
Maybe I should drug you too so you’re mine to
keep forever. <3

4:03pm - Y/N
Okay. Bye. I’m out. /Roll eyes/


4:04pm - Jimin
HEY HEY Y/N! COME BACK. I HAVEN’T 
SHOWER YOU WITH ENOUGH LOVE YET.
YOU’RE NOT ALLOW TO LEAVE.


4:05pm - Y/N
Sorry but who’s that speaking? Do I know you?


4:06pm - Jimin
You’re so mean! :’< 
Okay okay, jokes aside. Wanna catch dinner?
A friend of mine opened a bar recently and the
food and drinks there are pretty decent. I’m 
granting you the chance to smack me.


4:07pm - Y/N
Oh I remembered! You’re the retarded guy name Jimin!! HAH. Hmm.. Sure. I’m free for dinner. Text me the address and I’ll be there after practicing a bit more.


4:08pm - Jimin
You really are ruthless. Don’t you want me to 
come pick you up?  

                   
4:08pm - Y/N
Nope. See ya later! I’m going to resume my practice.


4:09pm - Jimin
Fine. /pouts/ and here I was thinking of being
a gentleman and picking you up.


4:13pm - Jimin
Heyyy Y/NNNNNN???? 

4:15pm - Jimin
Y/NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
SUNSHINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4:17pm - Jimin
Sigh. Fine. I’ll just give you the address. Be
careful on the way alright.

 

Current time: 6.15pm
The last beat came to a stop and I closed my movement with a sharp turn. Glancing at the wall clock, I figured it’s time to freshened up and head to the bar Jimin mentioned. It took me around 10 minutes to finish up the final touches of my eyeliner. Got to make an effort to impress my “man” alright. *Cough* Okay fine, not exactly my man but yea MY MAN. Reaching into my bag to fish for my phone in order to check the address before booking a cab down. I find myself breaking into another smile yet again once I saw the messages Jimin left. Cute, I thought. Hopping into the cab soon after,  grinning like an idiot with the thoughts of finally getting to see him again and of course, I will never let him know about this. 

Timecheck: 7pm
The cab came to a stop in front of a very luxurious building. I almost popped my eyes when I saw it. Is this the pub that Jimin’s friend opened?! It look ridiculously extravagant that I might choke on my food and drinks while dining. Just then, my phone started ringing and I pick it up knowing who’s calling. “Yes retard? I’m here. Where are you?” However, there’s isn’t any reply from the other line. “Hello??? Jimin??” 

“You’re calling me retard again. Although it’s fine because I’m your one and only retard.” I frowned as I realise that the voice didn’t came from the phone, instead it came from behind. I turn around to be met with Jimin face to face. “Hey sunshine. Nice seeing you again.” There he is standing in front of me grinning from ear to ear, looking ridiculously happy to see me again. . I might melt any moment if he keeps that up. Say something quick. Don’t be an idiot staring at him and saying nothing Y/N! “Oh, erm.. Yea. Nice to see you being as retarded as ever.” I really need to find a wall and bang my head against it. Out of everything, that’s what I came up with?! “Sure sure. If it makes you happy. Come on, I’ve already book us a VIP room, courtesy of my friend.” Before I could give him a reply, Jimin slips his hand into mine, guiding me into the bar.” My face seemingly on default, went flushed like a tomato. 

“What would you like to have?” “Huh?” I didn’t quite catch what Jimin said as I was busy admiring the interior of the bar. It’s honestly too grand to start with and I start to ponder how much it cost just for the VIP room. “I asked what would you like to have sunshine.” My mouth automatically form an ‘o’ upon realising what he asked. /Pinch/ “You’re so cute that I wanna bite you.” “PARK JIMIN!” I said while patting his hand away. “It hurts” I pouted while caressing my cheeks. I heard chuckles and look up to catch Jimin laughing. Eyes forming into a beautiful crescent as always. You’re really going to be the death of me one day, I’m so going to blame you if I ever melt away into nothing. “Sorry. So what do you want to get?” “No idea. Why don’t you choose on behalf of me?” “You sure? Well, I’m going to order ty food for you.” “YAH!” I lightly punch Jimin on the shoulder, glaring at him. “Aww. Just kidding. I’ll never let you consume ty food and stop glaring, you don’t look intimidating at all. If anything, you look adorable.” “Tch.” He’s always have this effect on me. I can never seem to stay angry at him. Sigh. Happiness won’t be lasting. Eventually we have to talk about our past. 

The food came and we wipe it clean in lightning speed. We ordered a few drinks afterwards. Right, few drinks my . There lies numerous empty glasses on the table. Exactly how much did we both drink? “Jiminie ssiiiiiiiiiiiii, why are you spinning around?” I pointed at Jimin and start giggling out of nowhere. “I’m not. You’re drunk Y/N.” “I’m not drunk chim ~ See! I can stand up just fine!” I tried to stand up in order to prove my point across but eventually stumble. I’m too far gone to be honest but as if a drunk person going to admit he’s drunk right? Jimin caught me quickly before I could even fall flat on my face to the ground. “Right. You can’t even stand properly Y/N. Come on, take a sit and rest. I’ll get you more water.” You all know how it feels like. Like any other person that drank too much, you start getting a whole lots of emotional rides and end up saying things that you don’t really mean. “Let go of me. I don’t need your help. Why are you being so nice to me anyway? In case you have a memory loss of sort, let me remind you that you left me alright! Left me to fend for myself jerk!” Stumbling backwards hitting the wall when I push Jimin roughly.

 

“Sigh. I knew we eventually have to talk about it. Just not now alright? Not when you are not sober Y/N.” Jimin look at me with concerns while trying to reach out to me but I swat his hands away once again. “I AM SOBER! YOU’RE ALWAYS TREATING ME LIKE A KID! NEVER TELLING ME ANYTHING. EXPECT ME TO WAIT-” I choked up on my own words, tears welling up in my eyes. Clenching my hands on my chest, trying to stabilize myself. “I- waited.. I waited for you to tell me about your feelings, waited for you to come back but you didn’t..” “Y/N. Calm down please. I promise I will tell you everything. We’ll talk about it once you’re sober alright?” You know he’s lying right? Just like any other time. You’re never important to him. I know.. You don’t have to remind me.. “Stop- please just stop.. You have no idea what I went through after you left.. You were popular back in the days as well. The kids in the orphanage admire you and love you to death. Having you by my side was an honor. You being close to me and all, only treating me with care and concerns has got them jealous. They stop bullying me when you were around but after you left.. They-” I started to sob uncontrollably, whole body trembling while I recall what happened. Jimin eyes well up with tears while he pull me into his embrace, gently my back. “Shh.. It’s okay.. Take it slow. I’m here Y/N.” “They- the bullying worsen after you left.. It use to be only twice a day until it became every chance they get.. A-and- one day while I was sleeping, the girls came and force me to take off my clothes.. I tried! I tried to resist but I was outnumbered.. While the girls were doing so, the boys were watching.. I-..” I felt Jimin tightened his hold around me, burying my head into his neck. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” “I’m not good enough for you Jimin.. I’m tainted..” “Nonsense. You’re not. You’re still precious to me as ever. I’ll will protect you.” He’s lying about protecting you. Just like before when he lied about his promises. “You’re lying! Go away!” I push Jimin away and stumble my way out of the VIP room into the dance floor full of crowds. Tears kept flowing and I can’t seem to stop them. Being unable to see clearly due to my tears, I stumble and bumped into someone and a strong pair of unfamiliar arms wrapped around my waist.

“Hey y, what got you crying?” Looking up to the said stranger, I started struggling to get out of his hold. “Let go of me-” “Don’t worry, I will make you feel good that you will stop crying.” He started to lean closer to my face, trying to kiss me. “No. No. No. I don’t want this! I only want-” Wait.. was I just about to say I only want Jimin? After all that had happened, my heart still only yearn for Jimin? His hugs, his kiss and his gentle touches? “Help me Jiminie!” I screamed while shutting my eyes as the stranger was closing in. The stranger kiss that I was awaiting never came. Instead, his arms was gone from my waist and I hear screaming and fights. “Dude, what the hell?! I was having fun here, get your own girl!” The next moment, Jimin grab the guy and start sending punches his way. “ING. PIECE. OF. . DON’T YOU LAY YOUR DIRTY HANDS ON HER. GET MY OWN GIRL HUH? WHY DON’T YOU GET YOUR OWN GIRL?! SHE’S MINE.” I was too shocked to react or do anything about the current situation. People are looking and there are waiters trying to pry Jimin off of that guy. “What the hell is going on?!” A dude with silver hair walked out of what I presume its a private work space towards the scene. “What the- Jimin?!” The guy forcefully pry Jimin off and gripping onto him to stop him from attacking the now unconscious guy. “Stop it Jimin! I didn’t expect you to come here and wreck my place!” “LET ME GO TAEMIN! THAT GUY LAY HIS HANDS ON Y/N. HE DESERVE TO DIE.” Oh. So that’s the friend who owned this place? Taemin glace towards my direction and landed his attention on me. “What are you standing there for?! Do something and stop him from killing someone!” “Er- I..” Bringing my whole senses back, I speed walk towards Jimin and tuck onto his shirt. “Jiminie..” Jimin brought his attention back onto me and the killing instincts in his eyes soften upon seeing me. Seeing that Jimin regain his senses, Taemin let go of him. “Jiminie, can we get out of here..” I whispered softly while tugging at his shirt. “Yea.. Sure.” Jimin grab my hand and walked out of the bar not without Taemin shouting behind us. “YOU GOT TO EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT HAPPEN WHEN YOU GOT IT SORTED OUT JIMIN!” 

We walked to the a nearby park and sat on a bench. Minutes passed and not one of us said anything. I keep on stealing glances at Jimin to only notice he’s staring at the lake in front of him. “Jimin.” Breaking the silence as I couldn’t stand it any longer. “Hmm?” He hums in reply but still not glancing a look at me. “Are you angry at me?” “No.” He replied keeping his focus on the lake. “Then why aren’t you looking at me?” With that, Jimin turned and face me. “Look. I’m not angry at you. In fact, if anything, I am angry at myself for letting you walk out of that door. If I stop you, you wouldn’t be harrassed by that dude. I couldn’t protect you.” I look down and played with my fingers. “You did protect me.. You saved me from that guy..” I whispered softly. “No I didn’t. You’re right Y/N. I couldn’t protect you. Not before not now. What makes me think I could? I’m a joke-” Jimin voice cracked at the last word and he ran his hand through his hair frustrated. No… You protected me this time round.. Why are you blaming yourself.. What can I do to make him understand that I appreciate it.. You know what this. Reaching out both of my hands, I grab onto Jimin collar and pulled him in for a kiss. Jimin remain stilled for a few seconds surprised before wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me closer, deepening the kiss. We stayed in the same position for god knows how long, listening to the music played by the nature accompanying with the night breeze. Love is not over.