HOME

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning.

It was the weekend and it has become routine for all of them to sleep in so this morning no one was awake yet.

There’s some movement.

Joohyun groans and opens her eyes adjusting to the light. She is about to stretch when she feels an arm wrapped around her waist.

Recalling the memory from last night, she smiles and turns around. As she does, she comes face to face with a sleeping Seungwan. She can’t help but smile even wider as she adjusts herself.

Seungwan pulls her closer so their faces are inches apart. She whispers. “Where are you going?”

Joohyun giggles. “Nowhere. I just wanted a better view of your .”

Hearing this made Seungwan open one eye with a raised eyebrow. “What?”

Joohyun laughs. “What? It’s cute.”

“Not very romantic for the morning after.” Seungwan says with a pout.

Joohyun chuckles and leans in to give her a quick peck on the lips. “Sorry. I couldn’t resist.”

“Could you do it again? I think I need another one to help me fully wake up.” Seungwan says making Joohyun giggle again.

She leans in and gives her another peck but Seungwan pulls her in for a deeper kiss. The kiss started to get more intense as the two deepen the kiss.

Joohyun wraps both arms around Seungwan as she pulls her on top of her.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

The sound of knocking at their door broke their hot session. They pull apart breathing heavily.

“Unnie, I’m hungry.” Yeri says from the other side.

They chuckle.

“We should get out there before she breaks down the door to find us both . That would scar her for life.”

Joohyun laughs before giving Seungwan a long kiss then lets go so she can get up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The three girls look between the two happy women at the kitchen table. They look at each other confused.

“Aren’t you two very happy this morning.” Sooyoung states.

“Can we not be happy?” Seungwan asks.

“Did something happen last night that we’re not aware of?” Seulgi asks.

“You could say that. I suppose we were just able to find truce after a long day yesterday. You know with the whole rudeness I displayed towards your sister and later explaining and she forgave me so that’s something for me to happy about. Don't you agree? I mean, do you want this cold grandma to be mad at you?” Seungwan says.

Seulgi shakes her head and Sooyoung nods understanding since they were aware of what happened.

Yeri frowns as she stares at her sister. “Unnie?”

“Yes?” Joohyun hums.

“You have a rash on your neck.”

Joohyun quickly covers it. “I do?”

“Yeah, it looks pretty bad. Almost bruised. Are you okay?” Seulgi asks.

“Ah, yeah. I’m fine. It’ll go away in a few days.” Joohyun said trying not to blush.

Seungwan muffles a chuckle trying not to laugh earning her a glare and kick under the table from Joohyun.

“Ah, I almost forgot, we’re out of fresh vegetables unnie. Do you have time today or did you want Seulgi and I to go get some?” Sooyoung asks.

“It’s okay. I don’t have anything to do today. Besides, it’d be nice for me to get out of the house too.” Seungwan answer earning confusion all around. 

"Wait, did I hear you correct?" Yeri asks. 

"What? I can't go out? I am old enough you know."

“Yeah. About time. You’ve been locked inside for too long, say what? Since you started working. Get out there and see the world.” Sooyoung says.

“That’s what I plan to do.”

“Hey, maybe someone might catch your attention.” Seulgi adds.

Joohyun looks uncomfortable as she picks at her food.

Seungwan catches a quick glimpse of Joohyun subtly brooding. She smiles before looking back at Seulgi.

“Maybe I will.”

The answer makes Joohyun frown but she quickly relaxes when she feels a soft warm hand on hers. She looks up at Seungwan, but she was still looking at Seulgi.

“Who knows? I might fall in love.” Seungwan adds. She lets go of Joohyun’s hand before anyone can see.

“That would be good. You’ve been too busy with us but now you don’t have to anymore. Go out and find your soulmate.” Sooyoung says encouraging her.

“If you do, what will happen to me? Who will love me?” Yeri pouts.

Seungwan chuckles before petting her head. “Aigoo, don’t worry. I’ll always love you no matter what.”

Yeri smiles with content.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter