DEAL?

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You’re saying that she wrote all those letters to my sister?”

Sooyoung nods. “Yeah. But don’t tell her. It’s not like they were playing with her feelings. I swear he really loves her. It’s just that he doesn’t know how to express it. And Wan unnie was just helping him. Please don't get mad at them.”

“But, Joohyun unnie has the right to know. This is her life and her feelings." Seulgi says sternly.

"I...we can't tell her. It'll only end up with everyone hurt."

"Well, they should've of thought of that before doing that."

"Seul, please understand them too. They're twins. They'd do anything to help the other. Please?"

Seulgi scoffs in disbelief. "Do you know what this even means?”

Now Sooyoung looks worried. She shakes her head.

“Sooyoung-ah, my sister fell in love with the person who wrote the letters. What would she think if she ever found out that the one who wrote them weren’t Sehun? She’d feel betrayed and heartbroken.”

“I shouldn’t have said anything. Lets just forget about it. I was wrong.”

“No. I’m not saying that you’re wrong or to blame. I just don’t want anyone to get hurt in the long run.”

Sooyoung hangs her head feeling guilty. "I know. But please, don't tell her."

Seulgi lets out a sigh and pulls her into a hug. “Don’t worry. I won’t tell her now but she will find out one day.”

Sooyoung hugs her back and buries her head into the crook of Seulgi’s neck. "I know that too but I think if anyone should tell her, it should be oppa."

Unaware to the two, Yeri is standing nearby the water faucet in shock at what she just heard.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Another week has gone by. Nothing has changed much since Seulgi and Sooyoung decided not to tell Joohyun. 

Joohyun continued to support Seungwan and as she did, she couldn’t stop her feelings from growing bigger. She fell more and more in love with the woman each day. Seungwan couldn’t help but tease the older girl at times making Joohyun angry but happy because they spent more and more time together.

Yeri, on the other hand, was dying to tell her sister the truth but she couldn’t because she saw how happy she was when she was with Seungwan.

“I wish I could tell you the truth, unnie. I wish I could but you look so happy with Seungwan unnie and I don't want you to hate her for what she did.” Yeri mumbles to herself. "What do I do?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yeri was unusally quiet tonight.

Seungwan sees her and walks over to join her in the living room while the others cook.

“Hey.”

Yeri looks up then looks down at her feet. Fidgeting away.

Seungwan sits next to her. “You’re awfully quiet tonight. That’s so unlike you.”

“I don’t know. Maybe I’m tired.” Yeri mumbles but it's loud and clear enough for Seungwan to hear her.

“Or sad and distracted?” Seungwan says surprising the other. She got her answer when Yeri’s head snapped up to look at her. She flashes her a smile.

“How…”

“It’s not hard to miss when you’re quiet and spacing out. It seems like you have something on your mind you want to say but refusing to say. Right?”

Yeri lets out a sigh and nods. “You really know how to read people, don’t you?”

Seungwan chuckles. “I only see what someone shows me.”

“I don’t know. There’s a lot going on in my head but I don’t know what the right thing to do is.” 

"Care to share?"

“I want to protect someone I really care about but I’m afraid that it’ll ruin their happiness. What do you think I should I do?”

Seungwan smiles. “Look at you all grown up. The decision is in your heart. Listen to it. I know you'll know what to do. Whatever you choose to do, I’m proud of you. But it is important to remember that a decision will help someone and hurt someone so it is up to you to decide who cries and who smiles. Be sure of yourself before you answer.”

Yeri nods as she thinks about it.

Just then someone comes over. The two turn to find Joohyun sitting on the armrest behind Seungwan, hanging over her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter