DEEPER IN LOVE

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Early the next morning.

Joohyun stirs awake. She brings a hand up to rub her eye. As her vision clears, she finds three faces staring at her. She frowns confused.

They sat in front of her leaning in close staring at her blankly.

“Why are you guys staring at me like that?”

They look from her to Seungwan then back to her.

She follows their gaze to realize she was still in Seungwan’s embrace as Seungwan has an arm wrapped securely around her.

Joohyun quickly jerks forward.

The action stirs Seungwan awake. She opens her eyes feeling a bit more rested. She stretches letting her vision clear up.

Once it does, she finds three faces staring at her. She looks at them with knitted brows. “What’s with the staring this morning?”

This time they look from her to Joohyun then back at her. She follows their gaze to realize what they must be thinking.

Seungwan moves to stand up but stumbles. Seeing this Joohyun chuckles. Seungwan clears and straightens out her clothes. “We should get going.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the morning’s events, they continue their way. As they get to the edge of the next town, a group of soldiers were waiting by the roadside.

They group of soldiers surround the girls.

“Hey pretty ladies. Where are you guys headed?”

“We’re headed to our relatives house.” Seungwan answers.

“Really? Well, why don’t you guys stay and have some fun with us first.”

“No thank you. We’re in a hurry.” Seungwan says and they start walking away.

The leader of the group steps in front of her stopping her.

Seungwan looks at him with no hint of intimidation. He is taken aback a bit but quickly laughs it off.

“What’s the rush?”

“Wouldn’t want our relatives waiting or worrying now, would we?”

He scoffs. “Alright, you all can go but this pretty one right here. I’ve never seen a woman as pretty as she is. She’s definitely a doll. One I’d like to have.” He says moving closer to Joohyun.

“Sorry to break it to you but she's taken.” Seungwan says boldly.

He laughs. His boys laugh with him as the look at Seungwan.

Yeri clings onto Seulgi and Sooyoung scared.

“Is that so? Hmmm…” he examines Joohyun up and down while she clings onto Seungwan’s arm. He looks at Seungwan and smirks.

“That’s a lie. Seeing as how she’s clinging to your arm and not looking at us, plus the closed hip line suggests she’s still a .” He says with a sly smirk.

Hearing this, all his boys grin and eye Joohyun with hunger.

Seungwan scoffs. “How would you know? Maybe she’s just shy in nature. Besides, who says just because her hips look closed means she hasn’t done it with anyone? Didn’t I just say she’s taken?”

The bold move surprises everyone, even her sister. They stare are her.

The guy grins wider and steps closer. “If so, then by who?” he steps back with a cocky grin. He turns around to look at his boys.

“It's it clear.” Seungwan says confidently.

He stops and whips his head around. “You?”

“Surprised?”

"Well, is she now?" He looks at Joohyun and sees the ring on her finger. He looks back at Seungwan and smirks. “But not for long.”

Without hesitation, he tries to shove Seungwan away to grab Joohyun but Seungwan steps back to avoid him making him stumble.

He is surprised as is his boys. He laughs then looks at Seungwan, who raises an eyebrow at him. "I'm not in the mood to dance so I suggest you find someone else."

He cracks his neck to the side. “I'm just getting started.”

He charges at Seungwan, she pushes Joohyun over to the others just as she gets tackled to the ground.

They fight. Throwing punches at each other.

Seungwan manages to kick him off her knocking him backwards. She gets up as does he. They exchange blows back and forth.

Seungwan gets the upper hand and knocks him down before putting the choke hold on him. He starts to fade and seeing this, she lets go.

Everyone is in shock including the other soldiers.

Out of breath, Seungwan looks at the guy gasping for air. “Don’t ever look down on another woman again. Your mother wouldn't be proud of what you've become. And another thing, don't ever try to steal someone else's woman. Next time, you might really get killed.”

With that, Seungwan motions for the others to walk pass them. She follows.

Angry and embarrassed, the soldier quickly gets up heaving. He grabs his gun and points it at Seungwan’s back and pulls the trigger.

BANG!

The shot echoes into the hills. Everyone looks on with wide eyes as the person slumps to the ground.

 

 

 

 

 

 

They rush into town looking for help.

“Help! Someone help us!”

A group of people rush out to see the commotion but no one steps forward to help.

“Please, we need a doctor. She’s been shot.”

They look around desperately with pleading eyes.

“Please, someone help us.”

Just then, someone emerges from the back of the group to see what the commotion was. He steps forward with wide eyes.

“Seungwan-ah!”

He immediately rushes to her side. “What happened?”

“Dr. Jung. When we got here, there was a group of soldiers waiting. We fought them off and they got mad so they were trying to killl us but they must've been scared after they realized their mistake and took off.” Seulgi answers. 

“It’s my fault.”

“Let’s talk later. Quick, let’s get her to my house.” Dr. Jung instructs.

They all rush through the crowd. Luckily Dr. Jung’s house wasn’t far. They get inside and Dr. Jung immediately tends to the wound.

After what seemed forever, Dr. Jung finally walks out of the room.

They look at him with searching eyes.

He lets out a breath of relief. “She’s very lucky. The bullet went through so there isn’t imminent danger to her. I've already stitched up the wound. Other than that, after some rest, she’ll get better. She might be slightly in pain and unable to do much for a while so she can heal."

They all let out a sigh of relief.

“Thank you Dr. Jung. I don’t know what I would’ve done without you.”

“Wan-ah, what happened?”

 

FLASHBACK:

 

Just as Seungwan and the others walk away, the soldier got angry out of embarrassment, he grabs his gun and points it at her back.

Joohyun was walking ahead but wanted to wait for Seungwan so she turns around to wait for her. As she turns around, she sees the gun and looks at Seungwan.

As the soldier pulls the trigger, Joohyun pulls Seungwan to her and spins herself to protect Seungwan, pushing her away. Seungwan stumbles to the ground and looks up with fear in her eyes. 

Joohyun is shot in the lower left abdomen area. Seungwan quickly gets to her feet and catches her. Eyes wide. At a loss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter