Luck 18 : The "Good Person"

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mina unnie!!" Chaeyoung went to them and quickly separate them as she checks them. "You two, okay?" You need to change clothes especially you, Mina unnie... you have a lot of feathers. Come with me you two." Chaeyoung grabbed Mina's arm and wrapped it around hers as she supports her cousin. Then minute later, Jihyo joins them as she helps Dahyun this time, walking with them towards outside of the gymnasium where their washroom located

 

"Why you are here, Mina unnie, huh? Doctor said you need to rest your ankle and you told you're not going?" Chaeyoung scolded her. Mina just smiles at her cousin, Jihyo eyed at her as well. Mina thinks her smile will not convince these two that she doesn't want to tell it so she just lies as she says "I'm bored at home and you forgot to bring my gift for Dahyun-chan so I went here and meant to give it."

 

Thankfully, Chaeyoung easily believes on what she said but Jihyo seems skeptical about her reason so she just shrug it off, the important Chaeyoung believes to her because her cousin is so persistent. "Okay, just clean yourself first. I'll get my extra clothes in the locker room. I believe I have couple of jeans and shirts. Jihyo, please eyed them and Dahyun I'll get yours as well, give me your keys!"

 


"I don't have it. It's on my bag. I left it inside." Dahyun responded. "Ahh, is that so? I'll just get your bag. It's in the same table from earlier, right?"

 


"Yeah, Nayeon unnie and I just sat there."

 

Chaeyoung nodded then left to get things, leaving the three. The three of them help each other to remove the feathers, Jihyo helping Mina the most because of her injury. Soon, Dahyun finished plucking the feathers. Jihyo had to let Dahyun go to school's shower room as she commanded "You take the shower first. We need to get rid feathers on Mina. This is really a lot!"

 

Dahyun gaze on Mina worriedly then Mina just smiles reassuringly to say that she's fine.  Soon, Dahyun left them. Jihyo still pulling the feathers off from Mina's hair as she says "I know that you just don't get here just give her the gift, Mina. We're not dumb or let's me, I'm not dumb to think that's only your reason why you are here." 


Jihyo tugged Mina's wrist and let her sat down on the toilet bowl. Mina looked up as she tries to act nonchalant "What are you saying, Jihyo?"

 


"I think you know about this.. this happening. I saw you there." 

 

Mina sighed and just looked down, avoiding Jihyo's intimidating gaze. "I saw you running limping towards Dahyun that you insisting her to leave the party. I was there, watching you intently then suddenly you hugged her like you know what will happen then it was happened. You tried to protect Dahyun from something, Mina. What was it?"

 

Mina faced Jihyo with a pout "You're so good noticing things, Jihyo-ah! You always see or much to say caught me whenever I tried to do something. Are you secretly a mind-reader?"

 

 

"Don't try to subtlety change the topic, Mina. Tell me what it is. Why you knew something bad will happen to Dahyunnie?"

 


Mina could only deeply sighed and said "Someone texted me to save Dahyun tonight by not attending the party. School gang is after her and I believe it is Jennie's. I didn't hesitate to reach Dahyun but she's not answering any of my calls and texts so I decided to go by myself there to warn and probably save her by the text written here, I just did it because of text and I don't know the rest."

 

"Are you sure, Myoui Mina? That's it?" Jihyo eyed suspiciously, Mina nods and let out a tired groan "Can't you believe on me, Jihyo? That's the thing I only know and nothing else."

 

"Okay, fine. I'll let you go."


Mina just smiles and started to help Jihyo removing some feathers when Mina remembers "We shouldn't left Dahyun alone, you know. Maybe something bad might happen to her again. We should go get her." Mina said in rush but Jihyo stopped her.

 

"Chaeyoung will be with her, Mina. Remember? She's just going to get Dahyun's things."

 

Mina slumped down on the toilet seat as she says "But we need to get faster, the more, the more we can protect Dahyun from the gang. Anyway, I'm curious Jihyo... why the gang is teaming up on somebody like Dahyun? What could have been happen why they must do bad things on her? Dahyun is really innocent for her to be involve with the gangs unless they like to bully her. Did you know something happened, Jihyo?"

 


Mina tries to read Jihyo's expression well because she just let out a question that could find an answer about Dahyun and Nayeon's real relationship. 

 

Jihyo panicked inside as Nayeon's warning rang inside her head.


'Don't you dare tell her, Jihyo! Like I told you, she steals everything from me. When she found out that our relationship is all made-up, she will definitely delighted by that and will pursue Dahyun and that only means stealing Dahyun away from me. I don't wanna lose Dahyun, not with Mina...'

 

"Uhmmm...." Jihyo could only roam her eyes around. Mina smiles victoriously as she notices how Jihyo changed after the question.

 

So it's really true.... it's fake and Nayeon just used Dahyun to cover her up...

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"Mina... I'm not pretty sure about this but I think Nayeon's the one who knew about this, that's why she left you two. All could I think is I know Jennie likes Nayeon but Dahyun and her is already a thing. Jennie can't accept that so she revenges?"

 


BINGO!

 

Mina thanked Jihyo internally for giving the right answers she's waiting to hear. It all make sense to her now. Nayeon is lying on her and Dahyun too. She just let out a surprise gasp fakily as she says "Really? How romantic it is! The gang leader and school leader. That's ridiculous, Jihyo."

 

Jihyo scratched her nape and nervously say back "Yeah, we all thought so too. Good thing Nayeon unnie accepted Dahyun way before that happens."

 

The two of them tidied up faster so that they can go see Dahyun and Jihyo wants to get back to the party.

 

"So... you're not going inside?" Jihyo asked Mina while in their way on the gym's showerroom. "Yes, I can already feel the guys were waiting for me since the time I came in. I don't wanna dance in my bummed foot."


Jihyo chuckles as she supports Mina by linking their arms together as they walk. 


While on their way, they notice two figures swaying back and forth. "Who's that?"


Jihyo tried to look the person but to her surprise it's her two idiots friends who's secretly in love to each other. Jihyo exclaimed, pointing the figures, "Oh! It's Sana and Tzuyu but why they look like they are dancing? Ohhhhh~ I forgot Tzuyu is drunk earlier. Sana definitely can't lift Tzuyu because she's so huge!"


"I think they are struggling to walk, don't you want to help them?"


"Oh no, I don't wanna! Plus that kind of walking could means bonding for them, look! look! I wanna take them a pic!"


Both of them laughed so hard because Sana tripped twice on nothing and also constant Tzuyu's body slamming her. 

 

"Poor Sana... You should help her, Jihyo. I'm fine. I can manage walk by myself using these. Sana needs someone else than ever right now plus you can tease them by showing some their lovely pics together! Now, shooo!"

 

Jihyo just laughed and nodded. "Thanks, Minari! These two idiots are definitely dead to me tomorrow!!"

 


Mina smiles while watching Jihyo walking away when Jihyo turns around and shouted at her "Be safe, Mina-yah! I'm really worried for you! Thanks for saving our Dahyunnie! I hope you could find someone who will love you back someday, you deserve everything..."

 

 

"You deserve Dahyunnie, you know but we have this called fate to determine who we should be with... if only you meet her early, Mina... I'll definitely root for you. You're such a good person, Mina. Please don't change."

 

 

Jihyo stopped then and says that makes Mina's heart warm as Jihyo says very sincerely.

 


"I hope you stop hurting yourself more, Mina. I really cared for you. Don't forget that.."


Mina bit back her tears as she nodded and give her a thumbs up. With that, Jihyo turn around and really go away. 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________

Luck # 18: The "Good Person"

(Mina, TWICE Melody Project 2016)

___________________________________________________

 

 

 

Mina walks very slowly, going to the restroom when she sees Chaeyoung outside. 


"Where's Dahyun?"


"She went back inside to look for Nayeon unnie. She wants to go home and she have a plan after all these incidents."


"Plan?"


"Yes, she have a plan after the party.. like a Valentine's date for the both of them. She wants to surprise Nayeon unnie."


Mina's heart clenched after hearing that from Chaeyoung. All she thought that she can finally feel at ease that she protected Dahyun tonight and somehow she shows how she loves her by making to the party despite of pain she's feeling but it seems like a big punch on her that in reality, Dahyun still likes Nayeon even she jump from the top of the building or mountain so she could just save Dahyun, nothing will change. Dahyun can't love her back even everything she did just for Dahyun. Unrequited love really .

 

"Where are you going, Mina unnie?!"

 


I need to look Dahyun and stop her. This should be stop! I can't bare this anymore. I'm here, Dahyun! I'm here! Why can't you see me even once! Why can't you find me too?! I'm the one who you need! It's me!!


Chaeyoung's shouts were left unheard as she scurried away to look Dahyun. 

 

As she takes steps, her foot hurts and it feels like she's stepping on pointy nails. She can't be weak, she must be strong for Dahyun. She hides away the pain while walking but her heart hammering way too hard inside her chest.

 

My heart goes tok, tok, tok
Knocking ddok, ddok, ddok

 

"We need to do something about this..."

"Hmmm.... How about before you came out, you should knock the door twice?"

"That's great idea, Dahyun-chan!! If I go knock knock, it means it's Minari~"

"You're cute, Mina unnie~ Kiyowo~ Kawaii-eee!"

 


"MINA UNNIE!! WE DID IT! WE FINISH IT!!" Dahyun jumps in her embrace.

"Thank you, Mina unnie. You're my hero, the one who I could trust as well... Thank you." Dahyun mumbles, enjoying the warmth as well. 

 

"D-Dahyun?"
"Yes? Why you didn't knock the door twice if it's you, Mina unnie?"
"Dahyun... I want to be your girlfriend..." Mina confessed but Dahyun didn't take that seriously as the latter laughed with her eyes closed.


"Will you make it it as your wish? Being my girlfriend for a while?" Dahyun offered her hand as she says this. 


Being your girlfriend temporarily is not my wish, Dahyun-ah. For me things that worth wishing for is something so little but means a lot. Being your girlfriend is a huge wish, a dream even. Mina decided to not say these to the kid as she just says "No, I don't want that as a wish. Let me just hold your hand, take you to school cause I know there's someone waiting for you. No need to be my girlfriend, you are my one and only cousin's girlfriend" Mina held her hand tightly and look at Dahyun who just smiled back at her brightly as the sun. She remembers the saying, love is doing small things with great love, that's her favorite quote that she even let Chaeyoung drew it on one of her shoes because that's what she's trying to show to Dahyun.

 

Love is when doing small things with great love...


Such as giving the younger girl a treat whenever they hang out like sweets, candies and even drinks... She gives it to her or when the younger girl needs a hand for her project, Mina will help her the best as she could do or when Dahyun just need some little advices from her outfit or could be just what to eat dinner, Mina would suggest that she thinks Dahyun would like. It could be just be her company whenever she had to wait Nayeon's dissimal, she would stay with her and entertain Dahyun by sharing what feels like to be in Japan or could be her knowledge about something else but mostly about health because her father is a doctor so sometimes she share some stories of his patient's and their diseases and Mina would like to think that Dahyun enjoys their conversations as she keeps asking many questions. Or whenever the younger girl struggles opening her chips, she would open it for her or it can be when they go inside of a room, she will open the door just for Dahyun or it can be appreciating Dahyun's jokes and antics as she laughs whenever she see does something funny and crazy or it can be beaming the same amount of Dahyun's smile when they me. There's a lot of things Mina could list down of those small things that means everything for her. Call her hopeless romantic but she really is...

 

Like tonight, she can see clearly Dahyun's back on her sight. Her heart keeps knocking down so hard. She wants to take Dahyun, she wants to steal her. She wants to take a huge step. She wants to take a big thing between their friendship. Her mind telling to stop these absurdness and just let it go but her heart says keep going and take her. 


As she gets near, she sees something strange in front of Dahyun. Dahyun just standing there, doing nothing. As she adjust her sight, she sees a painful scene she ever felt...

 


There's Nayeon against the tree, kissing Jennie passionately with her arms wrapped on her neck. 

 


If this scene is painful for her to watch then what about the person's back in front of her who's now have her shoulders shaking. 

 

Mina thinks this is a fate, a chance even...

 

 


To make Dahyun realize that she's the one who she needs....

 

 

Mina make her way towards Dahyun, throwing her crutches on the ground as she lunges forward Dahyun to hug her from behind, wrapping her one arm around her waist and the other one is covering on her eyes like the first time they met at the school hall where Dahyun who is she and this time it feels like a dejavu as Mina tries to do it with this situation.

 

 

"G-Guess who?" Mina shakily asked as she tightens the hug, Dahyun cries hard and she can't help herself to tear up as well. "G-Guess who? Guess who?" Mina repeated tearily. It really pains her to see and feel Dahyun is hurting.

 


"M-Mina unnie, it's you, I-I know but please remove your hand. I can't see anything. I-I want to look."

 

"N-No, you can't. This is not only your Mina unnie, Dahyunnie." Mina whispered on Dahyun's ears.

 

"I'm a good person who just want to make you happy and smile... A good person wants only the best for her love..."

 

"M-Mina unnie....."

 

"Dahyun... You know what hurts? Is that I'm always here, I'm the one who never stops loving you, I'm the one who gives everything just for your happiness... even... even I'm not the reason of that... Do you know what hurts the most? I'm here at your side, behind, and I even at your front but the end of the day, you still don't choose me... Your choice is still her..."

 


"Dahyun.... Stop fighting your pain... Stop liking her, stop loving her... I'm begging you... You are much deserve than she treats you now, I'm telling you these not because I love you but I'm telling this as a good person... You don't deserve this , Dahyun!" Mina harshly says on her ears and just hugs Dahyun, resting her head on the younger girl's head who's still sobbing.

 


"Dahyun... Dahyun... Dahyun..." Mina keeps calling her to calm themselves. 


"M-Mina unnie...M-Mianhae..." Dahyun replied then suddenly she felt hands holding her hand on her waist as Dahyun grips it so tightly. "Mianhae for making you hurt because of me..."

 

Mina just nodded, still crying on her shoulder when suddenly someone shouted at them, making their heads lift.

 


"DAHYUN!!! LET ME EXPLAIN!! PLEASE! IT'S NOT THE WAY YOU THINK IT IS!!!"

 


Anger is the only thing could Mina feel as her eyes look forward. Dahyun's grip is getting tighter then she weakly says "Please help me, Mina unnie..."

 


"It is, Nayeon! You are kissing her! It's very crystal clear that you are cheating and using her. No more explanation and also... everything between you two is fake, right? There's no need any explanation for that. Why bother saving a relationship that is not real, right Nayeon?"

 

 

Dahyun shakes in fright because how could Mina know about their fake relationship. She's getting goosebumps. While Nayeon froze from the mention of 'fake', suddenly her body can't move. 

 

"It doesn't matter to you if you kiss or date someone because first of all your relationship with Dahyun is not real but for Dahyun it means everything! How cruel you can be, Nayeon?! Not only rejecting her for over five years but cheating her and using her, that's a big ing heartless!!!"

 


"I'm not talking with you, Mina! You don't know everything! Dahyun, let's talk alone, please. Let me explain." Nayeon tries to tug Dahyun's hand but she keep her grip on Mina's hand resting on her waist. Dahyun whimpers a weak no.

 

"Dahyun, please." Nayeon pleads. Dahyun could only cry behind Mina's hand covering her eyes.

 

"She don't want, Nayeon! Could you not see she doesn't want to talk with you?! You're controlling her once again!"  

 


"Dahyun... kid.. please talk with me...I want to tell you something... please... I don't like Jennie that way, I'm drunk, smell it! I mistook her as you, Dahyun! Please look at me.." Nayeon starts to sob after saying these pleas. 

 


When suddenly Dahyun interrupts her as she removes Mina's hand on her eyes and look at Nayeon with full of sorrow and pain as she complies what her girlfriend wants and spits out so weakly "N-No... G-Go away, N-Nayeon unnie. I don't want to.. see you.."

 


Dahyun looks away as immediately before she pulls Mina away from Nayeon, tears haven't stop falling on her eyes that once bright like a sun but tonight, her eyes is gloomy like a storm rages on that seems never stop raining hard. They left Nayeon standing alon

 


They keep walking then Mina stops her as she asked "Where are we going, Dahyun? It's late.. We need you to get home now."

 


"No, we need to go somewhere, Mina unnie. We must go there or else it will be a waste." Dahyun says in all seriousness. Mina decided not to pry anything that could Dahyun planned, she just follow along after all they need to talk and she needs to know why Dahyun keep this from her. 

 


They keep walking until they reach at the playground near at Im's residence. Mina's jaw dropped and eyes widened from the sight she's seeing right now.


The whole area is lightened up by many electric lights wrapped around on the playground's rides. It's beautiful, really beautiful. 

 

"I prepared this for our very first date together, a date Nayeon unnie accepted for the very first time..." Dahyun mumbles while watching the lights dance in harmony. Dahyun squeeze Mina's hand on her as she says "You know I prepare some lines for her when she sees this..."

 

"Then let me hear it..."

 

Dahyun turns and faced her with a small smile as she says slowly "I got this for you because this is what you mean to me."

 

Mina hums, gazing at Dahyun lovingly, telling Dahyun to go on and tell her the reason. "You... Y-You are the light in my life, you are the light in my darkness. You are the one who shines in me.."


After that, Dahyun lowered her head, trying her best not to let out a sob but she let out a shaky breathe as she says "But... I didn't know you could easily light out because we have a switch...Your actions... is like on and off. You confuse me so much but I know now that everything that I see right now is just what I dream of... my delusional mind really tricking me so bad..." Dahyun chuckles sadly. Mina never sees Dahyun like this, like a very serious and sensible one... It hurts Mina like hell when she can't see the Dahyun she knows, a funny and goofy one but she reminds herself that every person has many sides and this side of Kim Dahyun is very rare to see. The usual smiley face turn to expressionless face. 

 

"I'm sorry... for asking you that.." 

 

"No, it's okay. I also want to let it out too... Shall we go and sit?" 

 

"Huh? What?" Mina looks at Dahyun, baffled. 

 

"This definitely telling you that you can be my date for now, Mina.." 


Mina's heart burst out from her chest. She just she can't imagine this. Dahyun telling her to be her date? Definitely, not. She must be really dreaming because it's too good to be true. 

 

"Will you be the date of this heartbroken girl for this very special night?" Dahyun even asked her, while looking at her anticipating. Dahyun's she known is getting back as she jokes. 

 

Mina smiles warmly as she answered way too quick "Of course, I would love to." Dahyun smiles back then she takes Mina's hand and tugged her somewhere in the playground. 

 

"I prepared food for us so we won't be hungry at all. What would you like to eat, Mina? I might have some dish that you like." 

 

"Anything would be fine, Dahyun. I'm not picky eater." 

 

Dahyun beams her a smile then she nods before they reach the table in the middle of the playground. She let Mina sit her down before she runs to get the food she hid inside the playhouse. 

 

"There it is!" Dahyun exclaimed before she ran back to the table and lay out the food for tonight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter