Luck 11 : What Is Love?

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Where are you?" Mina texted Tzuyu as she came into the mall, her eyes wandering around. Tzuyu didn't reply from her previous text as where they will meeting. Maybe she will just wander around by herself this time and she can just meet Tzuyu and her friends later. 

 

She walk ahead, pass by the familiar stores and boutiques. She kinda miss having fun with shopping. As she walks, her eyes perked up bright as she see a beautiful dress.

 

 

"This would definitely good on me on our Valentine's Party. I think I should buy this." Mina smiles as she enters to the store and exit with shopping bags on her both hands.

 

She enjoys doing this. She thinks she won't need Tzuyu anymore.

 

 

As she walks, she hears loud music ringing on the big speaker, a very hyper music additionally a hyper chicken dancing immersely.

 

 

Everyone is looking at the chicken mascot with a laugh, amused looks,  some of them goofing around the mascot as if teasing it.

 

Mina stops, stay at the side, watching the chicken mascot dancing. Her smile is slowly creeps in, she remembers how much she wants a mascot on her birthday when she was a little. 

 

Mina look at the chicken mascot once more until she notices something.. 

 

The mascot shoeslace untangle, any moment the mascot will trip over it so Mina doesn't hesitate to go towards the chicken mascot.

 

Mina awkwardly stands in front of the dancing chicken then the chicken jumped in surprise seeing someone she knew which is Mina, the chicken was about to hug Mina but as Mina calculated the chicken could trip over her shoelaces, Mina dropped her things on the floor as she catch her then she put her arms around the mascot's waist to avoid the mascot falling over her. 

 

 

The people cooed and grinned as they witness a girl hugging a chicken mascot. 

 

 

Mina hugged the chicken mascot tightly as she whispers softly "Careful.. Your shoelace is undone.. Let me tie it for you.." 

 

 

"Unnie..." The mascot whimpers.

 

 

Mina crouched down and ties the shoelace as she continue to talk "I guess you won't notice your shoes because your costume is so huge on you." 

 

When Mina finishes, she stands and smiles to the chicken mascot. "Next time, try to rest even a bit, you could possibly get accident."

 

The chicken mascot escaped a loud and addictive laughter as she says "You noticed my shoelace but not me? Seriously! You're so disappointing, Mina unnie!"

 

 

 

"W-What? H-How did you??" Mina stammers. The chicken mascot remove her head costume as she reveals her identity. 

 

 

"D-Dahyun??" Mina gasped.

 

Dahyun smiles and smirks teasingly "It's me~ Such a small world, it is!"

 

Mina's heart start to hammer against her chest, how could.. how could fate play on them again as they got an encounter with lots of people watching them.. Having these moment is their thing?

 

 

"Thanks to you! I seriously touched with your concern not able to tie my shoelace and at the same time for catching me! I must be really heavy cause this thing is really huge on me. Thank you, my hero, Minari."

 

Mina grins widely, her heart is fluttering. Blush creeping in her face. "Oh.. such a small thing.."

 

"No it's not!! It means that you're truly a good person, Mina unnie! Imagine if I am a guy or other people or lets say if I am a stranger, I would totally have a crush on you, you know! You're pretty and kind, you're so lovable!"

 

 

Oh god... Kim Dahyun.. what are you saying? You can possibly have crush on me? Please... let me breathe.. I can't understand her sometimes.. 

 

"Do you think so?"

 

Dahyun smiles brightly as she says "Of course, everyone will fall for you!"

 

"Even you?" Mina bravely asked.

 

"Yes..." Dahyun smiles widely then she added "Like earlier, I fall in your arms.. We can fall to everyone!" 

 

 

Mina knew it. She mentally facepalmed herself. Who she kidding? Of course, Dahyun won't take it seriously.

 

 

"Dahyun!" A man approached them with a huge smile. "Yes boss?"

 

"You did an excellent job, our chicken is already sold out! You can have rest for a while before we fry the new set of chickens! Here! I got some flyers left, give this to everyone and you're free to go but not yet, just give this a bit later.. when the clock turns at three!" The man hand out more flyers on Dahyun and come back inside the restaurant.

 

 

"Wow... you surprised me for bringing lots of customer in the restaurant. I saw your dance and you did so great. You look like you can be call a sensational dancer out there." Mina said while her gaze going back and forth to Dahyun and the fully-packed restaurant.

 

 

"Well, I need a job, something I'm good at and at the same time having fun while doing it. Dancing is my passion.." Dahyun cheekily said. Mina chuckles and asked "Why you need a job tho?"

 

 

"Well... Valentine's is coming, I must earn more money for my date with Nayeon unnie.. I want to take her out for a really good date.." 

 

 

Mina raises her eyebrow as she thought to herself 'Isn't this too much? She wants a good date? When Dahyun did everything beyond from the all other guys there yet she's asking more? and she wants a good date?'

 

 

"Because I couldn't ask her out properly.." Dahyun answers her like she ask it, well Mina's expression asked for it.

 

 

"Really? But you two were already dating? Why you couldn't?" 

 

 

Dahyun smiles as she says "I'm scared.. that she will oppose with the idea. After all, she doesn't want me to spend things on her and she's quite busy person, you know... She will probably scold me.." But Mina thinks that Dahyun's answer is incomplete... she thinks that there's something more, there's other reason than scolding..

 

 

"Uhmm.... Do you think this is a good idea? I mean working part time just for the date?" Dahyun fiddled her wings, while looking down, probably thinking. 

 

 

 

 

"Dahyun.... your idea is amazing, you know that.. Nayeon would me happy to know that or other people who will know what you're doing  would really really happy. Nayeon is so lucky to have you.." Mina said as she look at Dahyun in eye, her heart is beating loudly as she see Dahyun looking back at her then she added "Seriously... so lucky..." 

 

Dahyun grins widely as she says "Don't be like that~ I'm seriously flattered... " Dahyun covers her face with her wings as it means she's embarassed. 

 

Mina chuckled, "Fine, I will stop.. So you're on break?"  Dahyun answered her with a big nod.

 

"As much as I want to treat you to a resto, I think your boss is looking at us. I think we could just sit over there near here and have a bite.. Is that fine with you?" 

 

 

"Yes Mina unnie.. I'm quite thirsty.. I think we should just buy something refreshing cause my suit is really hot that I'm just wearing undeshirt and boxers under this.." Mina's face flushed in red because the kid just blurt it out without knowing it may affect to her.

 

 

"Uhmmm... How about ice cream? You like ice cream?" Mina asked.

 

 

"Yes!!I love ice creams!" Dahyun screamed in happiness. Mina nods with a smile then she says "You stay there and rest. I'll buy you ice cream. Just stay there.."

 

 

"What's your favorite?"

 

 

"Chocolate's mine.. I love chocolates.."

 

 

"Okay then, just sit and take a rest for a bit, i'll be right back.." Mina smiles sweetly.

 

 

"Okay Mina unnie!" Dahyun obediently nod and give her a salute as Mina scurried away. Dahyun smiles as she sat down, she place her head costume beside her as she waits Mina. Then suddenly, her favourite music plays on their speakers. Even she's quite tired, her body automatically moves as she stood and place back her head costume as she dance vigorously to the music played.

 

BBASAE HO! BBASAE HO! BBASAE BBASAE BBASE HO! SHOW ME YOUR BBASAE!

 

Dahyun begins her f she invented then she starts popping while she reaches out for new flyers as passerby looking at her with amused looks. She gave them a total satisfactory dance while giving out flyers.

 

As she dances, she saw a glimpse of her girlfriend from her peripheral vision looking at her from the second floor and that makes the kid's heart jump in joy as she thinks that her girlfriend is watching her from above, a truly angel. 

 

She instantly looks up, catching Nayeon's gaze on her. Then it makes worst for her poor heart when her girlfriend smiles back at her and waving her hand. 

 

It feels good.. Dahyun felt she's on cloudnine. Feeling the love of her life smiling at her or just simply acknowledging her presence, feels she been hit by the cupid. 

 

 

Dahyun spins around at the center of the ground floor at the freaking mall then she presses her wings on her chest, acting like she was stabbed or much to say hit by cupid how wide Dahyun smiling with her eyes closed, breathing heavily. Dahyun opens her eye a little to see her girlfriend's reaction and she sees Nayeon chuckling or laughing, she doesn't want but her bunny teeth is showing, it means that she makes Nayeon happy..

 

 

Dahyun grins widely as she started shooting hearts to her girlfriend, making Nayeon's smile wide then a voice interrupted her heart dance.

 

"Dahyun, I told you to rest and stay there. Here's your ice cream.." Mina spoke. Dahyun beams a bright smile towards to Mina this time and a big thank you's as she took her ice cream.

 

 

"Mina unnie.. Nayeon unnie is up there, she's watching me.." Dahyun suddenly blurt out, Mina's eyes widened from the mention of her cousin. This is will be no good again, she remembers Jihyo's words again..

 

 

Mina... let Nayeon win this time... 

 

There's always a person who likes someone but doesn't end up together at the end and it's always been like that...

 

"Look, she's there! Look up, Mina unnie.." Dahyun excitedly says while eating her ice cream.

 

 

Mina looks up. She sees what she expected. Nayeon flaring her nose in annoyance, her eyes are glaring at her.

 

"Hmm? What happened to Nayeon unnie? Why she's like glaring to us?" Dahyun wonders as she amazingly finishes up her ice cream.

 

 

"She doesn't want to see me with you.." Mina silently says.

 

 

"Why is that?" Dahyun asked. Mina just smile, looking down, she doesn't to tell it to the younger girl. 

 

I don't want to tell that Nayeon unnie is jealous over us.. I'll be hurt..'

 

Silence took over them, her ice cream starts to melt, like her time being with Dahyun as she expecting Nayeon would come to them and interrupt them or much to say would steal Dahyun away from her, dragging her away..

 

 

One Drop..

 

 

"Mina unnie..." Dahyun called her, worry is evident on the younger's tone.  Mina broke her reverie, her hand is filled of melted ice cream, she also doesn't realize her hand is gripping tightly on her ice cream.

 

 

"Mina unnie.. your hand.." Dahyun points out. Mina just smiles at her as she says "I guess I need to go to the bathroom for this.."

 

 

"Let me come with you.." Dahyun cut her off. "But how about Nay----"

 

 

"No, Mina unnie.. let me help you.." Dahyun grab her hanky from her pocket and wrapped it around Mina's hand. Mina stare at Dahyun, she feels her heart is going to escape from her chest, how caring Dahyun looks, how gentle her hands underneath of these stupid wings, she wonders how does it feel to hold Dahyun's hand... her hands on hers..

 

 

 

"Tsaaa~ it's clean now Look, we just need to wash your hand because it's quite sticky.." Dahyun said while rubbing the hanky on Mina's hand.

 

Dahyun stops, wondering why Mina is not giving any reaction, she looks to her face, Dahyun smiles and let out a giggle as she see there's some a little cream on the corner of Mina's lip.

 

 

Mina gave her questioning look, thinking that Dahyun sees how stupid she looks at her, stupidly in love. Dahyun raised her wings as she cupped Mina's face, surprising the older one. Dahyun laughs at  Mina's surprised look as she touch her lips and remove the cream on her lips making Mina's insanity takes to the edge.

 

 

"I didn't know you're messy eater, Mina unnie."

 

Mina become dumbfounded and Dahyun finds it really cute.. Mina cough because Dahyun's hands were still on her face, anytime soon her face will be completely red.

 

 

"So... I forgot to ask why you are here, Mina unnie? Shopping too?"

 

"Yeah.. Got bored from house.. and I need clothes too so here I am. I also bound to meet Tzuyu but she's not replying, I guess she's with Nayeon and her other friends as she told me earlier."

 

"Okay.. I wonder where they did go.. Nayeon unnie just vanish.. Maybe they will gonna buy something again." 

 

 

"DAHHHYUUNNNNN~ her boss shouted, calling her. "YESSS???"

 

 

"You get start to your work again, the customers is decreasing.. I'm going to play some music again.."

 

"YESSSSS BOSSS!!!!" Dahyun smiles widely as she put her head costume again. 

 

"If you finish giving this all the flyers for today, I'm going to dismiss you early but the pay is exactly the same.. We're out of the customers already.." Her boss commanded.

 

"Hey, Dahyun.. I'm just going to bathroom to wash my hands. I'm going to help you.."

 

"W-What? No way!!! I'm going to finish this all! You must find Tzuyu right now and continue your shopping.."

 

"I insist!! I also feel like to dance as well. This is my 2nd wish.." Mina gave her a knowing look that makes Dahyun sighs at her and gave up. "Fine, Mina unnie. Suit yourself.."

 

For around 3 minutes, Mina went back to Dahyun. She was surprised that lots of people flocking around her with their phones up, probably taking a video of her. Mina gulps nervously, what comes to her mind? Why she offer a help? Oh my god, she's turning different person.

 

 

Mina walks towards the small chicken mascot, she tapped her shoulders, letting her know she was already there. The chicken flaps her wings excitedly on the sight of her Mina unnie, the people has their confusion why all of the sudden a girl looking so fine started her own performance.

 

 

All the passerby dropped their jaws as the girl gracefully dance to a super hype song, the girl took advantage her being a ballet prodigy as she dances it like it some classical music and of course it also suits from the beats. The chicken kid is also amaze from Mina's elegance and wise movements she used. 

 

 

Dahyun uses this oppurtunity as she ran around, giving their flyers and everyone seems wanting to try some chickens in the resto because of the girl dancing with elegance.

 

"WOWWWW!!! MINA UNNIE!! SERIOUSLY!!! IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE HAVING A THEATRE PERFORMANCE MIXED WITH FUNNY SONGS!! YOU'RE THE BEST!!"

 

 

Then Dahyun joins in as if they we're having dance showdown, people laugh at Dahyun's crazy moves and goes awe when it comes to Mina. Much to say that everyone is really entertain that even the floors above of them were watching them.

 

 

After some of heating dance offs, the flyers are all gone like a wind with how people ask for it to look at it and order in the resto after they watched. 

 

"MINA UNNIE! WE DID IT! WE FINISH IT!" Dahyun ran to hug the older girl in joy. Mina was ataken back with the skinship but she enjoys it, she devours it as she put her arms around the girl's head, placing her head on the crook of the mascot's head.

 

 

"UNNIE, LET ME TAKE THIS OFF FIRST!!" Dahyun remove the head costume. As soon as she Dahyun's face, the latter is grinning widely as she latched herself to the penguin-like girl as if she was really belong there.. Warmth takes all over on Mina's body, her face, especially her heart, it's really warmth like it could lit up anytime soon.

 

 

"Thank you, Mina unnie.. You're my hero.. The one I could trust as well.. Thank you.." Dahyun mumbles, enjoying the warmth as well.

 

 

Mina smiles, patting the younger's head slowly, telling her that she was also thankful to her, thankful to her that she's existing and she also don't need to look for someone that she's hoping she would meet someday.. that she's already here... in her arms...

 

 

 

"I think they could also be good couple..." Jihyo comments, while looking at the chicken hugging a girl. Sana and Tzuyu shared a worried look towards their other friend who just looking at them like someone took her precious thing, like someone turns off the light of her happiness.

 

 

"What are saying, Park Jihyo? We look better than them.." Tzuyu fakily said it in bitter tone, to decrease any tension between them.

 

 

"What are you saying, Chou Tzuyu?/ I thought you loveeee meeee/" Sana hugged Tzuyu as she understand what does Tzuyu wants to do in this eerie atmosphere.

 

 

 

"RELEASE ME, SANA!! I CAN'T BREATHE!!" 

 

 

Jihyo faces Nayeon as she asked "Are you not going to do something on them? I mean she is your girlfriend. You have a right to be mad or something...."

 

 

"We're not real... there's no point of being jealous of them. and besides.. this is better, she already find someone that she can bother.. Anytime soon, we'll break up. Let's just go to karaoke and have fun.." Nayeon said it with sadness and bitterness on her voice. Nayeon walks ahead of them, the three just shook their head, thinking the same thoughts.

 

 

 

She's still being in denial....

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Luck # 11 : What Is Love? 

(What Is Love? 5th Mini Album)

___________________________________________________________

 

Jeongyeon was sitting by the park bench waiting for Momo to arrive. She checks if she's coming and seeing no signs of her, she quickly fixes her hair, her shirt..

 

 

"Jeongyeon?" a voice that makes Jeongyeon's world stop moving as she sees Momo standing right in front of her. 

 

"Oh.. umm... Momo-shi? Hi.." Jeong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter