Luck 17 : Wishing On Your Love

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Year 2012, 6 years ago)

Nayeon walking in the hallways in that fine morning, everyone was smiling at her, her sunbaes and dongsaengs who are admiring or even knows her name, Im Nayeon. If anyone could ask her name, the answer would be always like this; a model student, smart and gorgeous, a girl who been raised really well by her parents, a girl can do nothing impossible, a girl who excels at everything. Those answers were really pleasing to her ears. Her sunbaes and dongsaengs love her so much. Everyone knows no one could hate her because of her good and well-known personality but Nayeon herself knew there are some people has bitter feelings on her and not all were appreciating her so she doesn't show much of her emotions very clearly. Of course if there are toxic people, there are some people showing their interest in outside but inside they have hidden desires. Everyone wants to befriend Nayeon. It's easy to answer that. Popularity, knowledge, power. Nayeon thinks if she could be just be alone with this it would be really nice. But she can't as she knows even she is like a perfect person she still need someone else. Jihyo is her first friend, following Sana then lastly Tzuyu. The first time she met Jihyo is when they became classmates in their grade school then Sana came and it's only because Jihyo, why she also become one of Sana's Korean friends as they dubbed it back then and lastly, Tzuyu who just been also tagged because of Sana's fondness towards the young girl and that's it, their circle of friends. For her, she befriend Jihyo because of her honesty and mother-like words that helped through her difficult times and she always welcome Nayeon with a big warm smile and she thought that maybe... Jihyo doesn't have bad intention at all...

 

Some doubt rises when she get to know Sana... Sana is very social kid, very open to everyone... She hesitated to accept Sana as her friend at first because when they first met all could Sana do is praise her and she knows that motives so much but at the end, Sana is just like Sana... she loves showering praises and love towards people... even she causes trouble but Sana is just like that...


Tzuyu... Sometimes she doesn't know if they were friends or just some acquaintances because of their friends... Tzuyu is the most honest person she ever met or she should say is blunt at every things that she can notice... To be honest, Nayeon likes people who are blunt and straightforward to her... She doesn't like sugarcoated words because if it's bad then it's bad... no need to try to fixing it... Tzuyu is the kind of person that associated with that... brutally honest and she was grateful for being like that..so when she got to know the latter, she thinks that Tzuyu is one and a million friend to be find...maybe Sana thinks the same that's why she never letting go of Tzuyu.

 

These friends of hers are the only ones she could fully trust with... 

 

While passing seas of people smiling, greeting, staring at her, there is one person who shines among all of them...despite her petite height.

 

 


Messy pigtails, a heavy backpack, untangle ribbon, loosened button, small stains on shirt,  huge kid watch and of course her signature sunny smile that everyone knows....

 


She is....

 


"What are you doing on my locker, Dahyun?" Nayeon asked before she crouched down to level herself on the kid who's just staring at her while clutching her backpack tightly. 

 


Dahyun crinkle her nose before she answers "I-I was waiting for you, Nayeon unnie..."

 


"For what?"

 

"I-I actually want to give you something..." Dahyun announces before she bring her backpack on the ground to search it but then Nayeon interrupted her "And why you're giving me something?"

 

Dahyun stop her movements and lifted her head to look at Nayeon's features as she says confidently "I'm going to court you!"

 

Nayeon tilt her head on the side while eyeing Dahyun before she let out a loud laughter. She said "Are you sure about that, little one? You're only just a middle schooler plus you are a friend of my little sis. Don't you think it's so wrong to do that with me?"

 


"I'm hundred percent sure, Nayeon unnie! I don't care about what people says! Age doesn't matter to me, only feelings could do!"


Nayeon laughed once again as she looks at effing ing cute look of determination of Kim Dahyun that time. "Pfft! You're asking me out if you are merely don't have any idea what is love because you are too young..."

 

Dahyun pouted and lowered her head. "Look kid, I want to let you know that I'm not interested in dating at this moment... unlike you...so just do your studies, work hard for it, love will just come...okay? Understand? Okay, you may go now, kid." Nayeon patted Dahyun's crown of her head while grinning at her.

 

 

"B-But I really like you, unnie!"

 

"Nope, I don't feel the same way... You are just a kid to me~"Nayeon says it like she's joking on a kid, well really a kid anyway. 
 


Dahyun frowns even more before she ran away, probably crying as Nayeon thought. She felt like she bully a kid. She just shakes her head as she says to herself "My beauty reaches to the kids too, huh..."

 


And that is the first time Dahyun told her she likes her and she thought it will be only one time thing as she believes that kids easily get hurt during on the first times but no, she is wrong... she is totally wrong as that first time follows so much more that she ever could imagine....

 


Nayeon unnie! Goodmorning!


Hello to you, my beloved Nayeon unnie...


Nayeon unnie, very nice to see you again!


Nayeon unnie, you're so pretty! I want to dieeeee!


N-A-Y-E-O-N unnie! Saranghae!!!


Dahyun cheers out for her very loudly. She deeply sighed and face palm on the things Dahyun's doing. 


She thinks every situations what could make Dahyun so obsess on her or what Dahyun would want on her so bad that it's hard to pry off her? 


Popularity? Might be... Dahyun is an attention seeker, from making eagle dance while they were having a mass and constantly interrupting on the school's events, no doubt the kid loves to get all the attention on her... 

 

Knowledge? Might be too... Dahyun is pretty well-known as an idiot, always doing non-sense things and she heard from Chaeyoung that Dahyun is lazy when it comes studies, that could be... 

 

Power? Oh that one too! Dahyun is a crackhead who always been making troubles and a big headache from their professors, always scolded that always ending up on detention for doing who knows crazy stuff probably, maybe Dahyun doesn't want to experience punishments anymore by sticking with her like a glue...

 

But everything she thought were thrown away as the kid never changes at all! Shameless, carefree, crazy, abnormally happy 24/7 are still in there....She thought that Dahyun is really that kind of person... 

 


The things she does goes crazier on every encounter that it overwhelms Nayeon so much and it makes Nayeon go crazy as well...

 

Like this one time....


Nayeon could only shut her eyes at the moment Dahyun kneel in front of her on that year's Valentines day....

 


Valentines.... 

 

The day she never wants to come....

 

She knew this will happen....

 

At least everyone know this will happen...

 

 

"Dahyun, stand up... You're making a scene again." Nayeon says in gritted teeth while both of her eyes shut.

 

"Huh? Why?"

 

"Just stand up and go away.... People staring..."

 

"I can't!"

 

Nayeon open her eyes due to irritation towards the kid so she opened her eyes and glare at her "STAND UP" Nayeon said firmly, under her breathe.

 

"Nayeon unnie... I can't be---"


"No! Don't continue what you are about to say. I'm giving you a warning."

 

With that, Dahyun stood in difficulty as Nayeon notices when her eyes dart on the kid's shoes, the shoelace is untangle. Dahyun fumbled her fingers as she says "I'm about to greet you but then my shoelace suddenly loosened so I decided to kneel so I can fix it."

 


Nayeon could only look at her like a fish before Dahyun breaks the silence as she says "Ah... You don't like someone kneeling in front of you... You must don't like someone proposing you that way... Noted, love.." Dahyun smiles at her sheepishly after saying it. 

 

Nayeon could only let out a disbelief huff while looking at Dahyun smiling at her. "Okay, that's it. I'm going now." 

 

"Wait!"


"Yah! Don't touch me!"


Dahyun quickly let go of Nayeon's wrist and shove her gift for Nayeon. "I bought you this."

 

She received a bookmarker on the first Valentines Dahyun bugging her... Totally different from the ones she receives from her other admirers since before.


Nayeon raised her eyebrow then Dahyun understood it as she answers "My allowance is not enough for me to buy you some nice gift like plushies, chocolates, sweets... and I'm more into the things you would need than making you want it... In the future, I would give you amazing gifts just for you, Nayeon unnie... Anticipate it!" Dahyun said before she skips away with her cute huge backpack.

 

 

Nayeon looks at the bookmark on her hand as she examine it. Just there are flowers printed on the paper. Super simple and cheap. She is about to throw it when Jihyo stopped her doing so.

 


"Have you ever talk to her seriously? You know, I'm pitying Dahyun because you are so harsh and ignoring her. Did you really reject her properly because what I can see right now is she still didn't understand that you don't like her.."

 

Nayeon sighed deeply and faced Jihyo "Jihyo, I know you only seen that I've been ignoring her but I already talked to her in my normal state, not in my bad temper phase or the one you only see me when she's doing crazy stuff for me.. I rejected her properly as I can but she just never stops, Jihyo.. she will never stops... I guess I'll just wait for her to get tired of me... I don't want to deal with her. I'm tired..." 

 

Nayeon walked out, the bookmark still on her clutched hand, almost ripping it out. She spend the whole day studying in a library with constant receiving gifts from her admirers. She went home load of stuffs, mostly chocolates. As she sat down on her desk, she places her bag on her lap and started taking out things. Books, pencils, pens, papers when she saw the bookmark from Dahyun. 

 

She stares at it again and thought "Dahyun must know me really well...

 

 

 

 


... cause I keep losing my bookmarks..."

 

 

Nayeon straighten the bookmark as she says "I really need this, I don't care..."

 

Starting that night, she uses that bookmark until one time she can't find it. Nayeon get sad all of the sudden because that's the only bookmark that she uses for too long. 

 


"It's okay, pins much better." 

 


Second Valentines, she receives a big bouquet of flower and an earphone. She raised her eyebrow again, asking Dahyun why earphones this time.. 


"You need music while doing your paperworks. It will help you, Nayeon unnie! You will enjoy it without noticing you are done!"

 

"I have one, Dahyun and music is a biggest distraction when you are doing serious work. I don't need music, just take it."

 

"NOOOOO! IT'S YOURS!!! TAKE IT, NAYEON UNNIE!!!" 


"Nope." Nayeon take back the gift as she doesn't want to get misunderstood that she accepts her gift like she accepts her.

 

Third Valentines, she receives a melted chocolate as Dahyun catches her at the end of the class hours. She just walks away that time resulting Jihyo scolding her once again for being heartbreaker. She heard from Chaeyoung that chocolate is personalized that costs a lot. She just ignore it. 

 

Fourth Valentines, she receives a jar of jellies. "Uhmm... I won't accept this, kid.." Nayeon put back the jar on the kid's hands.

 

"But it's your favorite! You must have it!!"

 

"Nope, just give it to others. I'll have toothache if I eat that a lot." Nayeon answered coldly before she walks away again, not accepting the kid's gift for her. 

 

 

Fifth Valentines....

 

She received a heart-shaped candy after she went to a date with her boyfriend. Yes, Kim Dahyun did that. She bravely give it to her with a bright smile.

 


"Annyeong!" Dahyun greeted her energetically. Nayeon furrow her eyebrows and asked "Did you just follow me up to here?"

 

"N-No! I-I didn't! I don't stalk you! I just saw you! with your boyfriend, Nayeon unnie! D-Don't think anything!" Dahyun rapidly defended herself. Nayeon crosses her arms and says "Okay then, I'm going home..."

 

"Wait!!"

 

Nayeon turns her back and faced the younger girl. Dahyun took out a huge heart-shaped lollipop. "Happy Valentines Day~ I hope you enjoy your day! I just bought it over there because I forgot my gift in my locker, I'll just give it by Monday"


Nayeon just stares at her and to the candy. Dahyun smiles but she can notice how her hand is trembling. "No, thank you. I just ate cake a while ago. I had enough of sweets.."

 


"Oh, is that so?" Dahyun retreats back her gift and just smiles sheepishly "Then I'll just give your gift on Monday, is that---"

 

"No... Forget it... I won't accept it... Bye..." Nayeon left her in the streets. She had enough of stuff Dahyun been giving to her...

 

Well she could blame it on the stuff that Dahyun keeps sending to her since day one in her locker, sticky notes....

 


She keeps receiving it every single day...and she doesn't bother to read it because it's all the same....

 

Confessions, feelings, reminders....

 

Every day it is always there....

 

 

Except one day....

 


When Dahyun didn't go with her at school and home. When Dahyun decided to cross the road by herself. 

 


That's the only time she didn't see any note in her locker...

 


"What's wrong with her?" Nayeon whispered herself as soon she saw no note and Dahyun going home alone...

 


That time, she felt something is missing and slowly she realizes that Dahyun is becoming part of her...

 


Her voice...


Her face...

 

Her stares...

 

And her smiles....

 

 

It's slowly growing in her heart. She thinks maybe she picked Dahyun that day, their first day of pretending as a couple because among of all the people in front of her, Dahyun is the shiniest among them all as she easily see her. 

 


"Uhmmm... It's her..." Nayeon said before pointing to the pale girl who's singing loudly without care. 

 


It's really her....

 

It's her, my luck...

 

"I want to let you know that you're mine, only mine. No one else can get you away from me, arasso?"

 

"Just do it, Kim Dahyun! I can't longer to handle seeing you two together."


"Dahyun-ah, don't get tired of me, okay?"


"You were so being talkative again... Don't ask it anymore. If you don't, I'll kiss you again and tell you to forget it and I keep insisting that it's not a kiss. Don't you ever feel bad about it?! The girl you loving so bad tells you that to forget it! Dahyun! Be mad at it! Be frustrated with it!


"Keep your eye on the ball, not me!"


"B-But this is a foul! You want to foul out again?!"

 

 

"Yesssss! I win!!" Dahyun jumped in happiness. Nayeon sulks on her lose when she turn her head and faced Dahyun. She saw how happy the younger girl while looking at the highscores on the video game. It made Nayeon felt light, something in her heart feels so ease and warm. 

 

"Nayeon unnie! Let's go there!" Dahyun excitedly tugged her hand. As they ran, a smile creep in Nayeon's lips as she lowered her gaze on their joined hands. She doesn't realize how the kid makes her so happy. They stopped when some kid shouted at them as he said "MOM! DAD! THERE'S A BIG CHICKEN! I WANT TO GREET HER!!!"

 


They stopped in front of the kid, Dahyun automatically smiles before she put back her head costume and carry the kid in her arms as she asked "What's your name?"

 

"Sejong!!!"

 

"Oh, Sejongie! What a nice name you got!" Dahyun praised him. The mother of the kid approached Dahyun as she asked kindly, "Mind if we take a picture of you with him?"

 

"Oh sure sure! Okay, Sejongie! Look at the camera! 1, 2, 3! Smile!!!"

 

"Ms. Chicken! I want to picture with mommy and daddy!!"

 

"Oh, okie dookie, no problem!" Dahyun turns and look at me as she asked "Can you take picture us, Nayeon unnie?"

 

Nayeon just smiled and complied as she stand in front of the family with Dahyun. The kid is really happy while holding Dahyun. "1, 2, 3 smile!!"

 

Nayeon take back the camera to the mother when the kid whines again as he says "You, noona!!"

 

"Me?"

 

"Yes, you! Ms. Chicken wants to have picture with you as well with me!!"

 

Dahyun abruptly took her head costume as she says panickedly "Sejongie! Noona might not like it, I just like it----"

 

"Go on and let's take a pic."


Nayeon goes to Dahyun's side, the parents are smiling at them. The mother spoke as she countdown "Get ready in 3!"

 

Dahyun put her arm on Nayeon's shoulders and pull her closer to her. Nayeon's cheeks reddened with the closeness. "2, 1! Smile!!"

 


"Wow! The pic looks good! It's seems like you are more Sejongie's parents! You two looks like you can have family!" With that said, Nayeon couldn't get redder. She is thinking that too as they got pictured. She looks at Dahyun who put down the kid and faced the mother with a bright smile as she says "Really? But we're not a couple..."

 

"Oh is that so? But it feels like not. It's seems you two are. I'm sorry."


Dahyun just chuckles and said in hushed tone "I wish, Ma'am... I'm wishing on her love..." Dahyun looks back at her and give her a smile. "I want to have love same like yours..." Dahyun said it while staring at her then she turns back and faced the mother. 

 

"Can you send me the picture? I would like to have it if you did not mind" 

 

After a while, the family went away, the kid waving to Dahyun and she waves him back as happily as he do. Nayeon completely forgot how to not stop smiling while seeing their interaction. Dahyun will be a great and cool mother someday, Nayeon thought and probably best wife you could ask for...

 

"Nayeon unnie, let's play for more! Let's goooo!!"

 


'Sometimes the person you really need, is the one you never thought you wanted...'

 

She noticed that Jihyo weirdly looking at her as she stuff the fortune paper into her pocket. She just shrugged and act like nothing but the truth is....

 

 

That night, she stares the paper for the longest time.... She mumbled, "Kim Dahyun..."


"I never thought wanting you this way.... Aishhh! Stupid Nayeon... Don't fall for her, don't be in love with her... But... Arghhh...I had fun time with her and Mina is with her, I'm mad..."

 


"Is this a fate telling me.... that it should be her?" Nayeon asked while staring at the paper.

 


"Dahyun.... Is this the perfect moment?"

 

 


"So it's you and me again, Nayeon unnie..." Dahyun faced Nayeon with a bright smile after her family left them such in a cold night street.

 


"I know and I want to..." Nayeon answered because she really wants too. She wants to spend time alone with Dahyun and away from her rival.


"Huh? You want too?"


"No, you just misheard it. Let's go..."


Stupid kid! Do I need to repeat it?! Aishh! I'm embarrassed. Nayeon walks ahead with her cheeks flushing in red. Her heart beats like crazy but at the same time, her lips curling up, totally liking the feeling.

 

 

"I WON! I WON! I WON! YOU CAN'T LET ME GO NOW! HIHIHIHIHIHI!!" Dahyun giggled annoyingly.


Nayeon get up and slowly interwines her fingers with Dahyun's, Dahyun looks up at her while smiling happily. Nayeon held her hand tight as not wanting to letting it go.

 

'If you would smile like this, I would love to hold your hand for the rest of my life....'

 

 


"Are you and Dahyun finally together, unnie?"

 


Chaeyoung's question keeps her thinking a lot, she just forgot that they actually just pretending. The thing that she put between them. Dahyun is just helping her but it feels like it's not... from the way she feels for the kid and the way kid makes her feel so many things. No doubt that she's slowly falling... falling in love to her... but it's also feels wrong as she remembers how bad she treated Dahyun some years ago...

 

She tries to throw it away, deny it, buried it but  it appears every second she thought the kid and it explodes when Mina ticking her off with her questions...then she suddenly can't take it anymore..

 


"I like her, I like her a lot....but I hurt her so much from the past and I can't take it... I can't like her that much... Do you know what I mean, Mina?" Nayeon said it in such of vulnerability. She's hurting as much she realizes her feelings. She can't imagine that loving someone can hurt her so much at the same time...

 

 

 

The dream....

 

 

That dream really triggered in Nayeon's heart....

 

 

 


All of those confusions, inner battles, questions she's been asking herself... has only one choice all along....

 

 


That is....

 

 

 


To love back the kid and don't hide her feelings anymore....

 

 

 


Her heart and mind shouts the same answer as she woke up from that damn nightmare... Tears flowing in her eyes, hand on her chest, heavy breaths and it seems she can't stop them all....

 

 

 

She needs Dahyun. She wants Dahyun. She loves Dahyun.

 

 

 

At the same day, she let the rain punished her because of finding out her feelings too late... and for hurting Dahyun with her harsh actions... She thinks she deserve it, she deserve Dahyun not coming in their date after all the heartbreaks and ignorance she did. She doesn't care now... 

 


She doesn't care now as she just kissed Dahyun the moment she sees her... She doesn't care now if she says weird things as she refers to it because those weird things are her feelings... She doesn't care now if she's just smiling like a complete idiot while watching Dahyun's back as she cooks... She doesn't care now if she let her heart beats so hard and loudly, wanting Dahyun to heard it as she hugs the younger girl in her embrace as they sleep... She doesn't care now if she received teases from her family as soon as they saw them hugging each other after that night and only tightens her arms around Dahyun and hide her head on the crook of her neck, completely enjoying the warmth that kid giving to her... She doesnt care now if she completely get furious when Mina is around and stealing her kid away... She doesn't care now if she can't resist to kiss her anytime and anywhere...

 

She doesn't care now.....

 

 

 

If she tell and confess to her....like now....

 

 


Because Dahyun teaches her how to be genuinely happy for not caring about everything! To just pursue what you really want and what makes you happy!

 

 

She doesn't care now about everything because it's just only her and Dahyun right now as she watches Dahyun playing piano with a soft smile while looking at her lovingly. Nayeon's heart goes on thumping so hard and her bunny smile doesn't falter a bit while staring back at her. 

 


'Kim Dahyun, why you make my heart beats like this too soon? So I can just love you with all my heart and not hurt you so badly....'

 

Everything happens for a reason.... 

 

Nayeon thinks.... Maybe ignoring and rejecting her is not so bad because if not, she will not feel like this, she will not have this greatest outcome... Maybe this moment is all planned and prepared by the love of Gods up there... Maybe this time, she needs to make an action...

 

 

I'll confess tonight, no matter what happen... Starting tomorrow, I could always tell her too the thing she's wishing for me to say...

 

 

 

 


I love you too, Kim Dahyun....


I love you


I love you

 

I love you

 

 


______________________________________________________________________________________________
Luck 17 : Wishing On Your Love 
______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Hey, I saw that..." Jihyo sits beside Dahyun after they all finish this fake wedding. Dahyun just shrugged but soon her lips curling up and she lowered her head in shyness. "Nayeon's totally in love with you... you know.. while you are playing piano... She's looking at you so proudly and lovingly..."

 


"Uhmm.. really? I don't know..." Dahyun scratched her nape while avoiding Jihyo's teasing smiles. "It's going smoothly... You just need to establish a firm confirmation..."

 

"What do you mean, Jihyo unnie?"

 

 


"I'm definitely telling you to ask Nayeon unnie to be your 'real' girlfriend now, Kim Dahyun.."

 


"W-What?! T-Tonight?"

 

"Yes, you prepare your date after the Valentines right? You asked her, right?"

 

"Yes....Uhmm.... What if she still rejects me like before? I think I can't handle it anymore, Jihyo unnie... I just wanna have a good time with her... I mean I don't want to freak her out about this...." Dahyun keeps rambling then Jihyo holds her hand and said "It's going to be alright, trust me.. Trust me when I said Nayeon unnie totally likes you back because I have never seen this of her for the times I've known her..." 

 


"Thanks, Jihyo unnie..."

 


"You know you just need just a one last push for her to admit her feelings for you...."


 

“And what is it?" Dahyun asked.

 

“Since you still act like such a kid, and you’re like stuck in this cute mode even you dye your hair blonde. You need to elevate yet to the I’m so beautiful level.”

 

“Ummm… I’m beautiful that way?”

 

“Yes, you are. Don't worry, that's why I'm here to get you..” Jihyo nods, she then claps excitedly. “Me and Sana will having a makeover for tonight's party. You should come with us, alright?" Jihyo said before she wrapped her arms around Dahyun's with a huge grin.

 

"We'll make Nayeon unnie swoon over you, like totally she's all over you..."
 
________________________


“I didn’t know that you’re quite romantic, Nayeon unnie…” Tzuyu said teasingly while looking around. Hearing her name finally got her attention, Nayeon is really really tired for preparing this whole place.

 

She breathes hard before she answers, “What?”

 

“I mean look at this place. Who would have thought that this gym could look so romantic?”

 

Tzuyu says in admiration at the entire place.

 

“I actually feel like I’m falling in love.” Tzuyu added.

 


"Woah, hearing you like that feels like you really are, Chou Tzuyu.." Nayeon teases back, the younger girl narrowed her gaze on Nayeon but soon it disappears.

 


"Well, I admit yes, maybe?" Tzuyu chuckles nervously.

 

Nayeon smirks then she asks "So I heard Jihyo that you and my cousin together? I'm totally surprised and disappointed, to be honest."

 


"Why?"

 


"I thought you really like Sana... Jihyo and I really feel you are..."

 


"How can you say that?"

 

"Well, you're teasing and bullying her so much like everyday, it feels like you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter