Luck 14 : Wake Me Up

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Dahyun... Where are you?" That's what in Nayeon's mind for around three hours already and she's drenched for almost two hours of non-stop rain. She just welcome the rain, don't care anymore if she will get sick or not, who cares by the way... only Dahyun does... but she was nowwhere to be seen and it's all her fault..


Her fault that she is so stupid for not recognizing or much to say, denying it in all possible ways but still, she was here, still stupidly standing under the rain, waiting for her as if she will still come any sooner.. but it's not happening, not this time.


No kid bothering her.. No Dahyun annoyingly showing up to her every single ing time... God.. how much does she wants to Dahyun appear..


Sometimes the person you really need, is the one you never thought you wanted...


God, those words... those are already hint for her to accept it... to accept the kid...


But now it's too late.. she's not coming when she needs her most, when she wants her so bad...


"Dahyunnie...." Nayeon whimpered as she cries for more. 

"Why? Why now? Why I just realize that it was you? I'm going crazy... I want to see you now, Kim Dahyun... I want to see you bad...."

Nayeon dragged her knees closer to her chest then she bowed her head down on her knees and cries under the rain. 


Suddenly, a tap from her shoulder then a voice creep into her ears as it says sternly "I really can't understand you, Nayeon-shi.. but I wanted to tell you, you're such an idiot being like that... you look like a fool.."


Nayeon sighed deeply as she expect someone who will rescue her and that someone she needs is the same person so she answers with a disappointment laced in her voice, "Cause I am..." 


"Get up and let's take you home, you're soaking wet and your body is already shivering. We still have rehearsals tomorrow, President." 


"No...." 


"YAH! IM NAYEON, DON'T BE STUBBORN! LET  LET ME JUST TAKE YOU HOME AND WE'RE ALL DONE! I'M JUST DOING THIS FOR A FAVOR!"


"Then go, Jeongyeon. I won't leave until your kid sister show up. I'll wait for her. I just need her, only her..." Nayeon answered weakly.


"AISHHHH! WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, I'LL BRING YOU HOME!" Jeongyeon harshly grabbed Nayeon's arm and pulled her up. To Jeongyeon's surprise, Nayeon looks a mess, crying mess. Her nose is all red, her cheeks have tear stains and her hair is really messy. Nayeon looked away from Jeongyeon's judging eyes. Nayeon wiped her nose, finding this situation so awkward with Jeongyeon's eyes boring holes on her.


"Nayeon... I want to ask a lot of questions at this moment but I think it's not good time since you were shaking. You need to get warm up as soon as possi---"


"Then ask me, Jeongyeon. Go on..." Nayeon cut her off.


"Okay... I'm really curious and confused at the same time." Jeongyeon stops for a moment to breathe in to prepare her question. "Why are you still here? I mean, it's raining, you should go find somewhere else you can wait for my sister but just why? I really find this ridiculous and also on my sister's favor, she told me to check on you here at this park at this time... when it's raining hard and I was really contemplating to go here because it's impossible for someone especially you Nayeon will be staying and waiting for my little sister. I just don't get it and I was utterly shocked when you are crying and calling my sister... Are you gone crazy or what, Nayeon?" Jeongyeon asked incredulously.


Nayeon just smiled, a weak and faint smile, "Maybe.. I am... crazy.. Jeongyeon.. I become crazy over your sister, I'm sorry..."


Jeongyeon knitted her eyebrows, this is so strange and new for her. "W-What do you mean?"


"Jeongyeon... Before anyone else even Dahyun... I just wanted to let you know since you are her sister and you care for her... Jeongyeon, I like your sister... like a lot... My heart is acting all weird whenever I see your sister nowadays... I keep denying it... but now, I can't escape... I'm stuck..on her.."


Jeongyeon's eyes widened, totally disbelieving everything that Nayeon has said. She feels like this is all dream. She expects Nayeon is the last person who will admit something like this towards Dahyun because girl... she keeps rejecting Dahyun for five years then now she will just blurt out she likes her... This is totally a big nonsense. 


Jeongyeon burst out in laughter, a bitter one that looks like she's mocking Nayeon "You must be really right. You gone crazy, Nayeon-shi. Why did I ask that? Water must be got into your head, yeah? Let's just get home. Maybe tomorrow you will wake up and regret every thing you said to me then starts ignoring my sister again.. Right, why would I believe to you.. If Dahyun hears you right now, her hopes will be extremely get high. Don't do this again, Nayeon-shi. " 


Before Jeongyeon can take a step, Nayeon stops her as she holds the latter arm, "Jeongyeon, I'm serious. I want your sister. I want her so bad." Nayeon starts to tear up again. "Hey, hey.. You are crying again. Stop it!" 


Nayeon shakes her head "J-Jeongyeon, sorry for all the heartbreaks I gave to Dahyun... I can't believe this..." Nayeon looked up, fanning herself to not shed any tears anymore. "Nayeon... Y-You really like my sister back?"


Nayeon gulped down her sob as she nodded with a small smile "I do... but I don't feel happy about it..." 


"Not because she acts like a kid or annoying... she actually take care of me as I should have to her as well.. I'm not happy about this... this feelings.. because I hurt her from the past... I feel bad about this... like a lot..." 

A tear trickled down on her cheek. Nayeon sounds so weak and vulnerable unlike from the ones she always shows to everyone. 


"Dahyun did nothing but to show me how it is to love someone, she only shows her love to me and nothing else... when all I did is totally opposite of what she's doing. As I remember every things I did to her, I can't forgive myself too... how bout if it's others? They were surely loathes me...they will hate me..."


"Nayeon-ah..."


"Jeongyeon... as being her sister and the one who sees how much she suffers on someone like me, it will be too much if you will be given me a second chance to reciprocate my gratitude and love to your sister for so long? Please think it wisely, Jeongyeon." Nayeon cracks up a sad smile before she walks away from Jeongyeon.  


As Nayeon took her tenth steps away, Jeongyeon shouted at her "IM NAYEON!!"


Nayeon turned around with a sad smile, raindrops falling hard on her. Jeongyeon walks towards her to protect Nayeon's head from the rain. They stared for a while then Jeongyeon breaks the silence "I'm not Dahyun nor her heart. It's only her choice matters here. If she still loves you like the same maybe... it's not too late to give back on what she deserves, President Im. You still have a second chance. Now, let me take you home as she favored me, yes?" 


"Thank you, Jeongyeon." Nayeon mutters weakly before she get unconscious as her whole body falls against Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon hold her so tightly as she shakes the latter and keep shouting panickly. "NAYEON! NAYEON! NAYEON! HELP US! NAYEON, WAKE UP! HELP US!!"

 

 

___________________________________________________

LUCK # 14 : Wake Me Up

(Wake Me Up, 3rd Japanese Single)

___________________________________________________

 

 


Meanwhile, Dahyun sighs in relief as finally she already open her out of battery phone. She opens it and sees.

 

121 missed calls
48 new messages

 

She shakily taps her phone to see the specific calls who came from. 

Candy Pop❤
Candy Pop❤
Candy Pop❤

She scrolled down and it all shows up her girlfriend contact name.

Nayeon called me hundred times....


She felt bad, really bad for ditching her girlfriend and this time she lost a big thing which is supposed to be their first date. Oh she bets Jihyo won't be helping her anymore as she screw this up..


 As she the missed calls, she's more scared about the messages. Her hand is trembling as she taps her messaging app.


She scrolls down and sees it from the one person only, her Candy Pop.

She taps her contact name to see the messages.

From: Candy Pop❤ 
-Where are you? I'm here.
-Where are you? Why you're not answering my calls?
-Hey, kid... Where are you? It's raining. I don't know where you are. Please answer me.
-Dahyun, I'm not kidding. Where are you? I'm still here, waiting for you. Answer me
-Hey, what is happening? Where are you? I'm starting to get worried, where are you? Just answer me.
-Fyi, Dahyun. I'm still here. I won't leave until you show up. I need to know where you are and you were safe. Please answer me.
-DAHYUN! WHERE ARE YOU?!IT'S FREAKING LATE!! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL THIS TIME?! PLEASE JUST PLEASE ANSWER ME! I'M SERIOUS! I'M STARTING TO GET SCARED FOR YOU!! PLEASE ANSWER ME, I BEG YOU!!!
-DAHYUN, EAGLE... ANSWER ME... 
-DAHYUN...
-DAHYUN...
-WHERE ARE YOU? I'M STILL HERE AT PARK WAITING FOR YOU, DAHYUN. PLEASE... PLEASE ANSWER ME..
-DAHYUN...
-DAHYUN.. I NEED YOU HERE..

Dahyun's heart starts pounding as she read the message. She can't imagine Nayeon texting her like this.. As she reads the message, she get more heart attacks as she keeps reading the next messages.

-DAHYUNNIE... ARE YOU OKAY? JUST ANSWER ME, I CAN'T STAY STILL IF YOU ARE NOT ANSWERING ME
-DAHYUN, I WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT IT FEELS WHEN YOU WERE UNANSWERED... U MIGHT FEEL THIS WAY EVERY MESSAGES I DIDNT ANSWER FROM YOU.. SO JUST PLEASE ANSWER ME, I'M WORRIED ABOUT YOUR SAFETY. PLEASE ANSWER ME, I DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU..
-DAHYUNNIE, I NEED YOU AND I WANT TO SEE YOU..
-KIM DAHYUN, SHOW UP AND DON'T BE COWARD! I WON'T ACCEPT ANY DATES FROM YOU IF YOU WE'RE BEING LIKE THIS! IS THIS HOW YOU HANDLE DATES, KID?! IF IT IS, CONGRATULATIONS BECAUSE YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT THAT KEEPS WAITING FOR YOU, IT MAKES ME FEEL THINGS I SHOULD HAVE NOT FOR YOU SO PLEASE SHOW UP OR ELSE..
-DAHYUN, IM OUT OF BATTERY.. THIS MIGHT BE THE LAST MESSAGE, EVENTHOUGH MY PHONE DIED DOWN, JUST ANSWER ME, WHERE ARE YOU AND ARE YOU OKAY OR SAFE? THAT'S IT. I HOPE YOU WERE SAFE AND GET HOME. I'LL BE HOME SOON AS SOON MY PHONE DIED SO I CAN WAIT FOR YOUR ANSWER IF NOT, I STILL WILL BE WAITING YOU HERE AT PARK... DAHYUN, I WANT TO SEE YOU AND HEAR YOUR VOICE, I MISS IT. I MISS YOU, I MEAN IS I NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE FINE.. PLEASE ANSWER ME... ANSWER ME, CANDY POP... TAKE CARE...


"Nayeon unnie...." Dahyun says tearily as she reads the message again. 

She wants to see me badly, she even says she missed me.... I'm really bad girlfriend..


(Flashback)

"Dahyun-chan!!" Mina called her loudly, more likely desperately. Dahyun halted her steps into stop. She hears her says.


"My wish, Dahyun... Please stay with me..I need you here with me.."

 


Dahyun felt herself crying, a tear rolled down on her cheek as she mutters a soft sorry to Nayeon. "Sorry, Nayeon unnie... for being late..."

Dahyun started to run away as she shouts "Sorry Mina unnie, I need to go!" 

"DAHYUN! WAIT!!! ACKKKKK!!" 

 

Dahyun stops again, she heard Mina's scream in pain. She turns around and sees Mina holding her ankle while crying in pain. The doctor keeps holding on her. She notices their gap decreases. Meaning to say, Mina basically run after her. Guilt eating her up again as she remembers the very reason why Mina sprained her ankle.

 

She ignores Mina.

 

And again, she ignore Mina's wish to stay and now she's totally in pain and it's her fault again..  

 

She ran towards Mina and hug her tightly. "Don't cry, I'm here. I'll stay. I'll be here.." 

 

Mina was still crying "It's painful, I can't move my leg." 

 

"We need to take her to the hospital. Her ankle is swelling too much. She needs it treated really well. Let's take her, help me." The doctor pulled Mina up and put her left arm on his shoulder as he support her while Dahyun took the right arm so they can go walk, helping Mina. 

 

They arrived at the lobby but then the three notices how bad the weather is. Dahyun feels her heart been squezzed as she watch the rain pouring down.

 

Nayeon unnie.... Does she still waiting for me? Is she there in this weather? 

 

"Dahyun, can you go back to the clinic and bring the umbrella over? It's raining hard." The doctor commanded Dahyun and she complied it.

She get it and proceed to get back at the lobby so they can get in to the school's ambulance. Dahyun stayed beside Mina who's still crying. Dahyun holds Mina's hand tightly and squeezes it.

 

"I'm here... I don't want to see you crying too, Mina unnie. My heart hurts too. Mianhae... for not doing I promised to do for you... I'm here and I'm gonna stay with you..." Dahyun reassures the latter who just nodded at her, controlling any tears to come out from her eyes. 

"Dahyun...."

 

 

 

"Dahyun...." Mina mumbles while looking at Dahyun. "Why you are so nice to me? Like... you are the totally the ideal partner that everyone wants... You're totally a wholesome.. Cute, adorable, caring and loving... Are you even real, Kim Dahyun?"


"Huh?"


"Nayeon is totally lucky to have you... you being so head over heels for her... I haven't met someone as perfect lover as you... I haven't met someone so in love with her significant one... I'm envious, Kim Dahyun.."


Dahyun nervously chuckle "I'm not that special or wholesome as you said. I need to improve more so Nayeon unnie can love me more..."


"Why Nayeon, Dahyun-chan?" Mina painfully asked. She looks at Dahyun wistfully. Unknown to Mina's feelings, Dahyun answers the question that Nayeon been asking her all along.

 

Why me? 

 

Nayeon asks this a lot of times. She hears Nayeon ask her directly, ask herself, ask her friends. 

Why me? Why somebody like Im Nayeon her heart choose?

 

Dahyun let out a small smile grazed on her lips as she answers "I don't have particular reason why I love her, I just did it.. When the moment everyone doesn't want to be with me, she's the only one.....one who protected and doesn't judge me... without knowing me... Oh, I don't want to remember it... I just love her... no reasons.."


MIna furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean by that? She doesn't judge you? That's impossible..."


Dahyun shook her head and said firmly "That's true... Maybe I love Nayeon unnie so much because I  witnessed the real Nayeon that she didn't show to everyone else..."


"Nayeon unnie.... I know...she's uncertain for accepting me as her girlfriend..." Dahyun opens up, Mina's totally forgot her foot injured as she listens Dahyun's next words. Maybe Dahyun will tell me that their relationship are fake.. Mina thought.


"Maybe out of pity... maybe she was so sick seeing me following her like a lost puppy... Pursuing her for around five years as they said thinks I'm really crazy, insane for doing that...but for me... five years of pursuit is been good days for me... You know, life is short, I just do what I needed to do... Gotta love your someone with all your heart... You know what I mean, Mina unnie.." 


Mina just smiles at Dahyun cause it's true, if love them, show them and love them with all your heart "So... I was saying is maybe... just maybe.. I'm not sure why Nayeon unnie chooses me.. maybe she see my love for her..." Dahyun chuckles, she lowered her head as if she was embarassed. 


She added "You know, Mina unnie... I want to tell you a one secret, wanna know it?" Dahyun asked with a hint of sadness.


"Dahyun... You didn't need to----"


"She never says 'I love you too...' even once..."Dahyun weakly said, her smile on her lips is betraying, it's too bright that Mina's eyes starts to hurt, her tears well up again on her eyes. She was feeling hurt for Dahyun. 


"But even it was like that as they said actions speak louder than words. For me, I feel she says it back to me without saying it... Nayeon unnie.... tends to not speak her feelings hence she shows it... I know...something changes and I'm fine with it..." Dahyun keep her smile as she talks.


Mina keeps staring at Dahyun in daze then said "You're so attractive right now, Dahyun-chan. What I can do to you? Please help me...."


"Then in that case, you need to look another Kim Dahyun, Dahyun 2.0. that you can love." Dahyun joked.

 

Mina put her another hand on Dahyun's hand as she trapped the kid's hand on her hands then she leaned in and face Dahyun in such a little gap as she asked "Why not you instead?" Mina said it so firmly, her eyes boring hole on Dahyun's. Dahyun holds her breathe, she's not used to see Mina being like this. She became nervous on Mina's strange actions lately.


Mina breaks the eye contact as she let the younger girl know, not minding filtering her words or rather her feelings towards the kid "You know, Dahyun... I want to tell you one secret as well? Wanna know it?"

Dahyun gulped, totally nervous on what Mina going to say.

 

Mina smiles at her, "Nayeon thinks I always steal the things she wants, well... right now, I think it was true. I also want to get what she have.."

 

"Mina unnie....what are----"


"I like you..." Mina straightforwardly said, no hesitation. She shows her bare heart to her one and only.

 


"W-What? You mean as friends or bestfr---" Dahyun rambles but stopped when she felt moist lips on her cheeks. Dahyun's eyes widened.

 


Mina leaned out,  "Not in platonic way, Kim Dahyun. You know what it means?" 


Dahyun's face heat up, she hears it clearly and she can still feel her lips on her cheeks. She asked herself 'Mina unnie likes me?'


"B-But, Mina unnie.. You can't...B-But.. N-Nooo... W-Why?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter