Luck 13 : Like A Fool

Lucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon went home very gloomy that day, Chaeyoung notices that. She watches her sister goes into her room without having a word even a glance, something might happened to her sister. She knows her sister all too well if she's having a bad day, she would lock up herself till tomorrow and asking her is not the best way she can make her sister comfort or calm her down, she just let Nayeon be because at these moments like this, Nayeon needs to be alone. Chaeyoung is worried about her sister's well being, honestly. She might not show it but she worries a lot for her dear sister. That's why she found herself texting her bestfriend, Dahyun about it, she might know her the problem.

 


I ditched her, Chaengie.... Something came up... I didn't walk her home, sorry. Is she there already? 

 


I knew it.. Something happened...

 

Yes, she's here but in her bad mood. Damn, you should make up with her but idk if it's good idea coz I'm thinkng that you two we're having mutual feelings.. I'm still confused about Nayeonnie's feelings..

 


I am, Chaeng. I'm going to surprise her tomorrow.. Help me? 


Sure thing, just tell me the details. I'll help you, I don't want to see her like this again..

 


IS IT REALLY BAD?! I'LL BE THERE AT 10 MINUTES! MY CANDY POP CAN'T BE SAD!!!

 


Don't go here! Just let her be.. She'll be okay tomorrow if she sees you. It's too late for you to go here.

 

Okie... It might get worse... See you tomorrow, Chaeng! And also I might have also a surprise for you... Kekekekeke

 

Hold up! What is it? I'm curious~~~

 

Wait and see~ *smug look*

 

No fair! Fine.. Make sure, I'll be surprise..

 

You will be surprise more than ever... I think everyone will...

 

Wow.. Why I feel nervous about it? Are you thinking some weird ideas in your head again? Oh my, don't do crazy stuff again.. I'm telling you~


No, no, no... I don't want to be seen like that starting from now on, oops.. Gotta go, bye!

 


FIne, sayonara, Dubu..

 

Chaeyoung drops her phone, continues watching the movie she abandoned for a while when suddenly Mina comes home as well, her steps we're frantic, her expression is anxious and it's totally caught Chaeyoung's attention because it's unusual for her to see Mina like this, Mina's always calm and composed when she walks even she walks like a penguin, Mina never walks panickedly.

 


"Mina unnie?" Chaeyoung asked, looking at her with curious eyes. Mina jumped in surprise as she hears her cousin, she answers nervously, "Oh, C-Chaeyoungiee.. you're there.. I-I thought you were in our room..."

 


"Uhm... I was waiting for you two.. I came home early than I expected. Why you two seems like there is something bad happened? Is there something wrong?"

 


"There's... none.. I-I'm just... tired... and wants to rest?"  Mina lied. Chaeyoung caught on the choice of words she used, she knows that Mina is lying and wants to avoid to talk about it.

 

"Mina unnie, there's something really wrong. Tell me, what it is? You never been like this.." Chaeyoung's voice becomes softer as she was concerned to her cousin. Mina took a deep breathe, feeling nervous and unsure if she was going to tell to Chaeyoung that she knows already, the truth about Dahyun and Nayeon's relationship and also the bad plan plotted on them at Valentines' Party.

 


But why they hide this from me? Even Dahyunnie doesn't tell me when we often see each other...  She needs to know the reason..

 


Mina look straightly with serious expression at Chaeyoung as she tries find her courage "Tell me, Chaeyounggie..." Mina starts slowly then she stops.

 


Chaeyoung wonders what she did bad on Mina but can't recall anything. "What it is? What do you want to ask?"

 

 

"Chaeyoung, do you know? The...T-The truth... D-Dahyun anddd-----ah nevermind.. I'm not sure about this.. I need to think first.." Mina shakily didn't answer her question and walk away with hurried steps. Chaeyoung is totally confused about what Mina has to say.  

 

"Mina unnie!" Chaeyoung calls her but Mina didn't answer or her turn her back. 


"What's wrong with them?" Chaeyoung worriedly asked to herself, she's clueless on what is happening to her unnies.


Mina walks upstairs, going to the room she shared with Chaeyoung, to let her mind and heart calm and rest for a while as she wants to think about the revelation carefully. She wants to know she really wants to do with them. 


As she walks towards to their room, she sees Nayeon's bedroom door is slightly open, she wonders if she could tell the bad plan but at the same time, she feels hurt and betrayed by lying on her.. She feels mad that Nayeon is just playing around her, making her heart ache whenever she always reminded that she is was indeed Kim Dahyun's girlfriend.

 


She wants to confront her and tell her that she knows everything now that she been lying all this time whenever the three of them are together. She wants to claim Dahyun as hers, she wants to tell it, confess to the kid that she truly deserve to be loved and that person who is in capable doing that is her, nothing else.. but there's a part that she always remember, deepened and intact on Mina's mind and heart, this is the very reason why she can't do those things..

 

 


Dahyun is in love with Nayeon in everything...

 

Mina thinks she can't able to beat that. The way Dahyun smiles at Nayeon feels like she was born to smile at Nayeon as if there's nothing else matter but her. Like it was she already draw her fate, her destiny... that it is only Nayeon and nothing else. Like she already knows where she will be ended up, like she know what will happen... That's how she see Dahyun so sure about Nayeon... She's so sure even her smiles we're quite broken when Nayeon just ignores her or not paying attention on her. She notices that, she's very observant person but she failed to notice that their relationship is fake... all made-up...  she thought it was only one-sided... her heart aches more as Dahyun knows it all along too... One sided and fake? Double kill in any heart. How painful it is? How can be she fine with it? That all of Nayeon's affection can be also a lie as well... and she somehow knows it too... 

 

 

Mina's eyes start to well up, her fist is going tight... 

 


Dahyun doesn't deserve like that...

 

 


So Mina decided.....

 

"I'm not going to tell you, Nayeon. You should know your consequences on hurting her... I'm going to save Dahyun from your mess... I'm going to love her like she does to you... If she can do it, I can do it too.. I can love her too and hurt really bad at the same time..."

 

 

"Ya, what are you doing there?" An irrate voice snapped out Mina's thought.

 


"Uhmmm... nothing..." Mina muttered.

 


"Why are you crying then? Do you having stomach ache?" Nayeon raised her eyebrow and just lean on her door with folded arms, waiting for an answer.


"Uhmm.. no... just.. It's just my eyes caught dust, yeah... I must clean here too.." 


"Really?" Nayeon questioned her, eyeing the penguin. "Or maybe.. you just don't want to admit that you we're quite being dramatic now? Chaeyoung told me you are having that phase whenever you miss your parents, right?"


"No! It's not like that! It's just---"


"Oh quit it, Myoui! You are.. You're getting mad of me!" Nayeon raises her voice, Mina caught on something.


"Yah, you are the one who's mad. I can say you are grumpier than usual. What's wrong with you?" 


Nayeon rolled her eyes as she answered "Why you care? I'm the one who's asking about you? Why are crying there?"


"No, it's just a dust.. Nothing else.." Mina lied.

"You're lying to me, Minari. You're so bad hiding it.. Tell me what it is.." Nayeon demanded, looking at her sternly.


"Why you care too?! I will not tell you too what's wrong with me too if you didn't tell me yours, pabo.." 


Nayeon chuckled "Oh, you're getting good being a to me too. I love that.."

"Of course, dealing with you all of our lives, I probably knows how to act one if you doing it on me... I can say I'm used to it." 


Nayeon blows some air "Woooh! My anger issue is blowing up again.. Oh my... I can say that you're right earlier from me being so grumpy... You're just adding a fuel on my scorch heating head..."

 

"You're the only one who's doing that. You're masochist. I barely do anything. I must say you're grumpy and sensitive at the same time.." Mina raised her both hands as a surrender. 


"Who is in the right mind wouldn't be grumpy after your girlfriend just ditched you and not even replying to your messages!" Nayeon sudden outburst made Mina off guard. 


Nayeon groaned as she let out her frustrations like a waterfall "Urghhhhhhhhgg....She doesn't answering my calls too.. I'm worried.." Nayeon whispered the last sentence but Mina heard it, it was really faint but it holds a meaning.

Why she sounds so serious? She really sounds sincere there... Maybe it's not a lie? I'm confused..

"What?! Why are you looking at me like that?!" Nayeon's eyes keep widening as she mocks Mina. Mina at least got surprise a bit from Nayeon's outburst again as she went back from her reverie.


"You're such a bipolar girl.. You have really issues.. You need to get check on doctor..." Mina says it with straight face. 


"I'M WHAT?! YOU SAY WHAT?!"


"Oh Nayeon unnie! Mina unnie! Stop fighting! I can't hear what I am watching here!!" Chaeyoung loudly hushed the two who's bickering from the living room. 


"Aishhh.... Just go to your room, I saw you looking here that's why I came out at the first place. I can sense that you're going to do something on me but you're not telling me then you we're crying there.. I don't care what's on your mind.. You're just making me like a crazy...Oh wait a second---"  Nayeon stopped saying her nonsense talk, that's what Mina thinks in her head now but then she sees Nayeon suddenly look at her phone like she's waiting on something but Nayeon really does as she sees Nayeon put her phone on her ear hurriedly then she begin to shout to the other line or probably not cause Nayeon's voice is normally loud..


"KIM DAHYUN, FINALLY U FREAKING ANSWERED YOUR PHONE!" 

 

Mina tries her best not to be obvious that she was listening to them.


"DID YOU KNOW I HAVE BEEN CALLING YOU SO MANY TIMES TO KNOW IF YOU WE'RE AT YOUR HOME ALREADY! IT'S TOO LATE NOW, YOU SHOULD NOT STAY OUT LATE!"


Oh... she really sounds like a mother than a girlfriend, tch.. or maybe a commander..

 

"YOU WHAT?! WHY ARE YOU WITH THEM?! SO YOU'RE ALL HAVING FUN WITHOUT ME?!"


How can she have fun with you if you're always busy as she always tell me... You don't have time for her..


"AISHH! Okay okay, just go home safely. Don't let Sana touch you kid, okay? She's dangerous. Okay okay.. Just don't forget to tell me your whereabouts, it's dangerous out there... No, I'm not... I don't want to become worried, that's why... Just reply to my text if I did, okay? Take care. Bye now.."

 

"You're a kind of grilfriend who is not really sweet and clingy huh.." Mina tries to look any evidence that may proved that their relationship is a fake on how Nayeon responds to her.


"Why you care? I'm just like this.. besides.. Dahyun will be weirded out if I become so sweet on her..." it came out so softly.


"Why not? She might like it more if you will be sweet on her cause she loves you.. and you love her too.. I believe if you love someone, you really show it you really are... What's the sense of holding back especially love?"

Nayeon looked up to meet Mina's gaze observing her, Nayeon dart her eyes to her side, avoiding Mina's serious gaze.

"No.. I feel like... sometimes... I don't deserve her... that's why I'm holding back.." Nayeon whispered then she looks at Mina sadly.


"You don't know what I feel, Mina-yah.. Sometimes, I don't know too. I don't know why am I like this..." Nayeon said before she let out a force smile towards Mina "That's why I always think and act like she doesn't deserve to be with me... She should be the one who will love her more... She should be... with anyone else but me..." Nayeon said it so weakly, Mina is really surprise is an understatement, she was beyond amused on sudden turn of Nayeon's emotions.. Such a bipolar girl..


"But since I'm such a selfish person, I came to like her from what I didn't expected.. I like her... I like her a lot... I like her a lot but I hurt her so much from the past and I can't take it... I can't like her that much... Do you know what I mean, Mina?" Nayeon asked her, looking so lost from what she is saying.

 

Nayeon chuckled "You surely can't understand me... No worries... This is the way I love her... So? I need to go back on my bed... I'm such a bipolar girl, I really need a doctor.. Just forget it... Act like you don't hear me like this.." Nayeon turn her back and ran back into her room, slamming the door loudly.

 

Mina left in thoughts.. She felt bad... She already knows that the relationship is not true, a fake one but right now it's not the main issue... the issue here is... who she must believe to? After she heard.... The main problem is... does she really loves Dahyun?

 

Nayeon's behaviour may differ each time and she don't know if what she just said is her sincere feelings... Mina thinks it is true... Nayeon opens her heart a little bit there but in confusing way...  But the way she opens it, she feels bad for Dahyun again... 

 


Mina shaked her head, telling herself to get some rest... This thing is really making her thinking a lot... She need some rest, she needs a break from this..

 

 

"Nayeon.... I'm sorry... You should know that it is not the right way to love someone..."


_____________________________________________________________
 

Luck # 13 : Like A Fool 

(Like A Fool, The Story Begins)

______________________________________________________________

 

"Finally! Some sense knocked out on you! You look so fine, my sister!" Jeongyeon grinned widely while looking at her younger sister fixing her bow tie. Dahyun smiled brightly as she asked "Really, Jeongyeon unnide? I have been looking so fine since ever but decided to not show you know... I might steal your title as girl crush if I'm being like this..." Dahyun combed her hair using her fingers, fixing it lightly.


"Wow, your confidence is still as same as ever.. You're still my sister.." Jeongyeon stopped as she looks at her sister fondly as she says "Even you change yourself a bit, be yourself, okay? I know you doing this because you want to make Nayeon fall for you for real, right?"

Dahyun bit her lip as she nodded "If she doesn't still like you, I have a huge favor from you cause I dearly care and love you.."


"Please moved on her, forget her. You got hurt so bad... Please save yourself..."


Dahyun pouted, she feels like Jeongyeon doesn't want to support her anymore. "Nayeon will like me, Jeongyeon unnie.. One day, she will too.."


"I'm just worried about you, Dahyun. You know that I don't want to see you sad over this... I know you will not stop but somehow you need to stop..."


Dahyun got up from the chair and just smiled at her older sister, reassuring her "Jeongyeon unnie, this heart been broken lots of times.... This heart is broken-free.. I can handle it and if this give up, I will stop it..." 


"I must go now, she's probably waiting for me..." Dahyun flashes her bright smile before she sling her bag over her shoulder and muttered a soft 'bye' then closes the door.


"Why I can't be like her? Do I need to make my appearance change so she can notice me?" Jeongyeon asked herself while looking herself at the mirror. "No.. I'm thinking silly things again... I should go as well, I don't want Tzuyu wait for me." Jeongyeon says before she dashes out of the room.


___________________________

Applause, cheers, chants and many more were occupied in the auditorium. It's beautiful Saturday morning when every students in the city came from different schools are all here, in front of her cheering out for her as she was quite popular and dubbed as the 'ace' of quizzes and speaking which why she is here right now. She was taking a quiz, not just simple quiz it's a National Math Competition where all of the students who excels in Math and picked by the universities we're going to compete each other. This is a dream come true for Nayeon but it seems like someone is blocking her to get it. 


"Wow! Look at the two JYP University's representatives competing each other to get the title! Right now, we are now in the time breaker wherein we will know who's the best in Math in town! Lemme hear you all!!" The Quizmaster shouted over the phone, causing crowd to growl loudly.

Nayeon look at her opponent to her side, she sees her undying rival in everything, Myoui Mina smiling to the crowd while tapping her marker.


Why in all people why it must be always you I need to compete with?

Nayeon is nervous, really nervous. She knows Mina is way better than her in Math. She is fast when it comes to computing numbers and sometimes she doesn't need to write it down as she computes it in her head as Nayeon as could remember when they had small Math quizbee during their middle school. Of course, Mina wins there when she just blurts out the answer with only 8 seconds away from the moment quizmaster finished his question, Nayeon broke down into tears that day when Mina flawlessly defeated her. 


This time she will not let the history repeat itself. She gonna wreck Myoui with her fast hands, it's impossible that at this moment Mina could do Math in her head with tons of questions we're already thrown at them till they become the finalist, this is the final round. She's going to win.


The last question is..... what is the root of x when x is minus fifty-two then multiplies by eight divided by y plus one hundred sixty eight, square root of five hundred twenty five.... Two minutes start now!" 

(Please forgive me, this is just random math, it can't be computed or don't try.. I just write random hard math terms and forgive me if you think it's not hard, my school days we're already gone...)


Nayeon immediately scribbles on her board and Mina as well but then suddenly a voice can be heard all over the auditorium.

 

"CANDY POP! YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU CAN WIN THIS!!!" 


"Stupid Dahyun, don't distract me..." Nayeon muttered to herself, trying to concentrate on the numbers.


"Oh! It seems our Myoui Mina buffers a little! She froze! Don't give up, Im Nayeon we're still computing!" 


Mina froze? No, Nayeon, you need to finish this up!


"CANDY POP!!!" Dahyun called out again.


"I'M YOUR BIGGEST FAN AND YOUR PROUDEST GIRLFRIEND EVER WHEN YOU LAST TILL THE FINAL ROUND! DON'T GIVE UP!! I'M HERE!! LET'S GET IT!! I LOVE YOU!!"  


"Dahyun, no.. Don't do this to me. Don't make me look at you." Nayeon internally says as she makes checking on her solution to know if it's right or wrong.


AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! The crowd shouts loudly! 

Nayeon's forehead is really getting sweaty, she's really nervous and she panicking, why the audience we're shouting? She can't look up from her board out of nervousness cause her mind went blank. She needs to finish this first. 


"Mina-shi is stopping again! What's this mean?" 


"COME ON, CANDY POP! DON'T STOP! WHAT'S WRONG?!" Dahyun shouted so loudly, her tone laced with concern.


Hmm?? Nayeon suddenly got surprise from her girlfriend's words. 

I didn't stop? What does she mean?

With that, Nayeon hastily finishes her computations so she can look and see what's happening around her.


 Nayeon looked up, her gaze automatically went to the little girl holding up a huge banner saying 'Candy Pop! You we're always be my ONE!'

Unlike with the usual bright expression the younger girl having whenever she sees her, it's totally opposite right now as her face screamed worried, trying her best to tiptoed how she lean up her face just to see them clearly.


Nayeon is confused. What am I doing? Why she is making that face?


1 minute left!! Nayeon is already finish! Let's wait Mina-shi that seems having difficulty concentrating! She keeps stopping!

Then suddenly, Dahyun shouted again "MY GIRLFRIEND! IT'S OKAY, TAKE YOUR TIME! REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE STILL MY ONE! NOTHING CAN BEAT YOU OUT OF IT! YOU'RE STILL MY NERD MINA!!! YOU CAN DO IT! "


Her heart clenched, her mind went into daze a moment, like everything falls on her. 

Nayeon turns to her opponent and sees her smiling with a gummy smile. Her gaze was on the kid, her eyes are obviously making hearts and she hears her say 'I love you too..' then proceeds to go back on her board as she starts to scribble.


It makes Nayeon dizzy, the situation is too much and Dahyun keep shouting her love towards Mina like she usually do when she do have competitions and elections, Dahyun is always like this but little did she knows that it affect her so much when the kid cheered someone but her, Nayeon's heart is about to combust in anger and jealousy and what is this? What's happening? She knows she is the girlfriend here? Why Mina now?


Time's up!


The quizmaster snatched her board, her eyes were still on Dahyun who's looking at Mina. Her heart keeps breaking little by little as she watched the kid looks at Myoui. As she watched, she didn't notice the announcement has been made.


"The first place goes to..... Im Nayeon!!! Congratulations!" 


Nayeon stood, pointing and asking herself "Me? What?" She asked as the quizmaster handed her the trophy.  Her mind really flew away as she didn't comprehend what is really happening. Her eyes and mind we're still on Dahyun who's now looking at her with a small smile, clapping her hands. 


Why you're only smiling like that? I want to see your usual smile like sunshine... but I can't see it now.... why you only smiling like that? What happened?


"NAYEON-AH!!!!!!" Jihyo and Sana tackled her in a hug with Tzuyu just patting her back. They we're suffocating her and jumping around, they we're really happy for her and she must be too but why she's not.


As she turn Jihyo's body to look once again to the audience, she saw Dahyun smiling at Mina then she brought the penguin in a hug that it makes Nayeon's heart become a mess again.. a kind of mess that is called hurting... her heart is hurting...


The way Dahyun hugs Mina is really indescribable effect on Nayeon. The way Dahyun caress Mina's head as if it was too fragile if she caress it hard gives bitter and churn in Nayeon's stomach. She can feel her heart is about to stop its beating.


She free herself from the hug, making her friends wonder from her reaction.

"What's wrong, Nayeon unnie?" Sana asked worriedly. 


"Uhmm.. Nothing.. I just need to sink in everything..." Nayeon chuckles lightly.

"What do you mean? You won! First place! Can't still believe it?! Come on! Why you aren't celebrating?!" Jihyo shouted on her ear making her flinch.


"Uhmm... Can I go out for a moment?" Her friends shared confused looks then they just nodded. 


Nayeon find herself following the two, she doesn't know why. She wanted to know what's between the two. She wanted to yell and remind Dahyun she was her girlfriend but then she remembers she didn't have a right to do that because their relationship is just a made-up. But she wonders why she's with Mina. Why are they together? Why it's painful to see them?


Nayeon followed them, she hides behind the wall to stalk and listen them. 


"Sorry, Dahyunnie.. I lost to the competition.. I suddenly get distracted when you cheer me... You do know you have an effect on me, right? I can't think straight when I hear your voice... But I'm not blaming you! It's fine if I didn't win, at least you were here... you came, Dahyunnie.." Mina smiled at her and Dahyun grins widely as she opened her arms. Mina engulfed herself in Dahyun's arms.

She hears Mina says softly "At least, I have you... That what's matter the most to me... I don't need recognitions.. Only you.. Being recognized and love back with the person I'm in love with is totally more than fine with you. I'm lucky you choose me.." 


"Mina unnie?"


"Hmmm?"


Dahyun removed herself from the hug as she stares at Mina like she usually do when she stares at Nayeon. Dahyun brought Mina's hands into hers, she clasped them while staring at Mina like it's her world. 


"I love you, Mina unnie.. You're always been a good person to me... that's why I fall for you, harder than I thought I was in love with Nayeon unnie... But... you are there for me and show me what love truly is... I hope... yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter