Making Up For the Past

You Said Forever

Waking up like this, I realize, would always be a gift that I would treasure. The times when I could wake up next to him hadn't been often in the past year. I was happy to wake up next to him today. To have his warm body curled up beside me.

 

I kissed his cheek and brushed the hair away from his face before standing up. I wanted to give him a gift that I had never been able to give him before.

 

I walked into the suite's kitchen, preparing the rice first.

 

This was my first time, ever, making breakfast for the love of my life. I smiled as I remembered sliding the ring onto his finger last night. To be accepted and loved by him...it meant everything in the world to me.

 

I continued to make omelets, a kimchi side dish and potato pancakes. I just finished putting all the dishes on the table when Joongie stumbled into the room, rubbing his eyes. I smiled at him, meeting him half way so that I could wrap my arms around him.

 

"Yunnie? How...you? I?"

 

I shook my head at his confusion and kissed his nose to reward him. He was too cute.

 

"I love you, wifey."

 

His eyes widened for a second before smiling and hugging me. I twirled him gently over to a chair so that we could sit down to eat.

 

I had so much fun, feeding him one dish at a time...and taking a bite or two when he would pout at me. He complained that I wasn't eating, but I didn't mind at all.

 

"What do you want to eat?"

 

"Pancake!"

 

He jumped slightly in his seat as I was about to feed him. I watched him chew happily until I was distracted by yells and pounding on our door.

 

"Stay here Joongie."

 

I walked to the door, looking out of the peep-hole. I rolled my eyes before opening the door a tiny bit. I was surprised when it flew open by the force of the three men.

 

"Hyung! Hurry! We have to hurry! Where is Jaejoong?"

 

Junsu was pacing back in forth in front of me. I stared at him. I wondered if he had gone crazy all of a sudden.

 

"Yeah hyung! Hurry!"

 

Changmin was jumping slightly.

 

"Can you guys calm down? What's going on?"

 

"Hyung! Your baby! We found your baby!"

 

Of all of them, I never would have imagined that Yoochun would be pushing me as well. I glanced at the kitchen, where Joongie had bowed his head lowly. He was still sensitive about our loss.

 

"Yoochun, cut it out. You are hurting Jaejoong."

 

I felt angry. How could they easily bring this up? We had been so happy last night, I didn't want our happiness to end this way.

 

"No! You don't understand. YoungJun wasn't your child. We'll understand on the way!"

 

Changmin grabbed my arm, pulling me towards the door. When I looked back, I found Jaejoong being rushed out of the kitchen.

 

"Stop! We'll go, as long as you explain on the way."

 

I didn't wish to hurt Jaejoong. I didn't want to get his hopes up and cause his crash, but most of all I didn't our friends to hurt him.

 

Junsu left the room in a dash, Yoochun and Changmin quickly following. I took Jaejoong hand, walking slightly behind the other three.

 

"It will be ok, Joongie."

 

He stared at the ground as we all gathered in Changmin's car. He shot out of the parking lot as Junsu began to explain.

 

"Last night...we got a visit from this man. He said that he had been promised a contract from a talent agency as long as he kept a few secrets. Now that he no longer has to hide, he came to tell us the truth. That manager...he lied to you Jaejoong. YoungJun isn't your baby. Your baby was hidden at a small orphanage."

 

"Her name is JiYool."

 

I stared at Yoochun in shock. I had told him in secrecy that I wanted my baby to be named JiYool at one point. It didn't surprise me if Jaejoong had found out about it though.

 

"She looks exactly like you, Jaejoong. Trust me. I know she is your baby."

 

Junsu finished the words just as Changmin pulled into a small parking lot. Jaejoong and I got out slowly, still believing it impossible.

 

"Ma'am, you remember us from earlier? This is JiYool's parents."

 

I was surprised that Junsu could say the words so easily. She glanced at me and smiled.

 

"Your daughter is waiting for you. I'll be back in a few minutes to have you sign a paper."

 

Junsu flashed past the front desk. We passed many small cribs holding young babies. I felt so apologetic. I wish I could take them all...give them all a warm, loving home. However, today I could only worry about one baby and about one mother.

 

"It's JiYool! She is awake!"

 

Junsu smiled down at one of the cribs. As I got closer, I found her extremely cute and warm with love. She was small though.

 

Her eyes shifted to meet mine. She giggled cutely. That's when I knew...she was my baby girl. She was our beautiful baby girl.

 

"Yun...she...she's ours! She is our miracle."

 

I nodded, holding him tightly. It was our miracle.

 

"Oh no...she is crying."

 

Jaejoong stepped closer to her, gently brushing his fingers along her arm. JiYool's crying stopped for seconds before getting louder.

 

"She knows her mother is close."

 

The lady at the desk explained.

 

"Can I hold her?"

 

"Please do!"

 

The lady smiled before turning to me.

 

"You are the father?"

 

I nodded my head as I watched her shake a form in front of me.

 

"I just need you to sign your name and fill in your daughter's name. Then I can send it to you."

 

I nodded, doing just as she had asked. I felt so much pride putting my name on the birth certificate. I was happy that I was finally able to give my daughter a family...and the warm feeling of love.

 

"Congratulations. You are ready to go whenever."

 

I quickly turned back to find Joongie looking at me, while holding our giggling daughter.

 

"Let's go home. Let's be a family."

 

I nodded at him, but paused when he stepped towards me.

 

"Hold your daughter, Yunnie."

 

I felt nervous and excited. I was scared of doing something wrong, but I had the strongest urge to hold her.

 

When she was finally in my arms, I couldn't help but to smile. The child that Joongie and I had made...she was finally in my arms. I wanted to protect her, and her mother, forever.

 

"Yunnie."

 

I looked up, hearing the clicking sound immediately. He had always loved to take pictures.

 

"You two are perfect."

 

He was tearing up already. I leaned forward, kissing him on his lips.

 

"Thank you for giving me such a beautiful baby, Joongie."

 

He blushed slightly, but his eyes didn't leave mine.

 

"I couldn't have done it without you. You are going to be a great daddy."