Regret

You Said Forever

::FlashBack::

I couldn't do this. I knew it was kind of late to decide that I couldn't do this surgery, but the drug had caused this effect. I panicked. I didn't want to be alone. I wanted to know that someone cared. That someone was watching out for me.

 

"Jaejoong, what's wrong?"

 

The doctors had tried to get me to stay calm, and even though my conscious was fading, I was still doing my best to fight.

 

Lee Soo Man was there. He was watching over me. I calmed a bit when I saw him.

 

"Please...Please. Can Yunho be here?"

 

I could see his expression freeze just before everything went blank. The drug worked only too well.

::End Flashback::

 

Yunho P.O.V.

 

"Yunho! Slow down!" Junsu was panicking just as much as I was. I shook my head at him. I sped through the streets as fast as possible. I had to get to Jaejoong.

 

As soon as we reached the hospital, I swung into a parking spot and ran inside.

 

"Kim Jaejoong...Where is he?"

 

I asked the girl at the desk. She quickly looked up the name.

 

"I'm sorry sir, no one is here by that name."

 

How could that be? I had heard the woman's words clearly.

 

"He is probably not under that name. If he is here with Lee Soo Man, they're probably in one of the reserved areas...the vip rooms."

 

Junsu was thinking at a time when I couldn't thank god he was here. I left the desk instantly. The vip rooms were always on the top floor. I would find Jaejoong.

 

He was right where Junsu said he would be. He was in a vip room which was heavily guarded. It was very obvious that Lee Soo Man didn't want any media finding out. He was taking extra precautions.

 

"Yunho!"

 

It was Jaejoong's mom. I hadn't spoken to her since right after Jaejoong's disappearances. She hugged me almost immediately.

 

"Thanks for coming, Yunho!"

 

I took her arms. I couldn't waste any more time.

 

"Is he alright?"

 

She shook her head. My heart stopped.

 

"He just came out of surgery. He is sleeping right now.

 

I took a deep breath. I swear...he was trying to kill me at this rate.

 

"He wanted you to be there. He said so right before he went into surgery."

 

Lee Soo Man was looking at me with gentle eyes. I sighed. What a silly kid. If he had wanted me to be there, why hadn't he left with all of us?

 

"Will he be able to speak when he wakes up?"

 

Lee Soo Man turned to look through the small window that looked over Jaejoong.

 

"We will only find out when he wakes up. You can go in if you like."

 

I didn't hesitate. I passed the guards and went into his room. Everything was silent except for one of the machines that would beep every so often.

 

I leaned over his bed. He looked so pale. I took his hand in mine as I sat down beside him.

 

"Look Jaejoong. I don't know if you can hear me. Sometimes they say that...that, well maybe you can hear me. I can't do it anymore, Joongie. I can't be angry at you. I can't be angry at any of you. I was so alone without you. It hurt when you left, but I'm ready to forgive you. I'm ready to forgive all of you. So please...please just be ok!"

 

I let his soft hand brush gently across my cheek.

 

"I'm sorry for hurting you! I'm sorry for not being able to find you. I'm sorry Jaejoong."

 

"Hyung..."

 

I hadn't realized Junsu had come in as well. I glanced at him and then in the direction where he was looking. I stood as I found Jaejoong's round eyes looking at me.

 

"Jaejoong? Jaejoong, can you speak?"

 

I leaned over him. He opened his mouth, and although it seemed difficult, his lips were forming words. However, no sound was coming out. I stared horrified. The surgery hadn't even been able to help him?

 

"He needs to heal completely first. He needs to heal from the surgery and he needs to heal from all the emotional pain."