Emotion

You Said Forever

'He needs to heal?' I guess it made sense. After all, he just had surgery. However, the emotional pain? I had never thought that it could effect Jaejoong's voice. I leaned against the wall outside of Jaejoong's room while the doctor performed a checkup.

 

"Hyung!" Changmin stood beside me, staring at the ground. "He'll be ok, right?"

 

"Of course he'll be alright. He is Kim Jaejoong." The words flowed from my mouth but even I doubted them slightly.

 

Could he really be alright? He seemed so sad, so weak.

 

"That's right, he is Kim Jaejoong."

 

Junsu smiled as he was believing strongly in those words. I needed to do the same. Jaejoong would be fine. He would be able to overcome anything.

 

"You may go see him. He needs rest though."

 

I dashed to the door as soon as the doctor came in.

 

Jaejoong's doe-like eyes followed me until I sat down beside his bed. He was tired and fighting to stay awake.

 

There really wasn't anything I could say. Everything I wanted to say...wanted to ask...he couldn't give me an answer.

 

"Here Jaejoong." Junsu handed him a tablet. I watched as he weakly took the pen. That is when I noticed that he still had the ring. The ring that I had given him. His Cartier ring. Something about it made me relieved. It was like a sign.

 

'I'm Sorry, Yunho.'

 

Jaejoong showed me the piece of paper. I shook my head at him. He didn't need to apologize.

 

"Jaejoong, I'm not mad. I...I"

 

I know I had just said the words, but now they were caught in my throat. I looked around at Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin.

 

"Jaejoong. I've already forgiven all of you."

 

A single tear dropped from his eyes. I didn't want him to cry. I wanted him to be happy.

 

'I missed you.'

 

He showed me the paper again. I closed my eyes. He was hurting me so much. If he had missed me, why hadn't he come back earlier? Why couldn't he tell me what happened to our baby?

 

"I missed you too."

 

I gently his hair. He was busy scribbling something else although it seemed like he was going to fall asleep any second.

 

'You won't leave me, right?'

 

The words were bittersweet. I had never been the one to leave Jaejoong. I would never leave him, and I would never let him leave me again.

 

"Of course not, Joongie."

 

His eyes widened when I used his old nickname. He was about to write something again when I stopped him.

 

"You're tired, Jaejoong. Why don't you sleep?"

 

He ignored what I had said and continued writing. I glanced around the room again, but they were just staring at Jaejoong. This was the first time we were actually having some kind of conversation.

 

'Yunho. I'm sorry I left. I'm sorry for everything.'

 

I glanced around the room as I was unsure of what to say. It still hurt to know that he had left without a word.

 

"It's ok, Jaejoong."

 

I finally managed to say the words. I met his eyes slowly.

 

"Just don't do it again."

 

He nodded as tears fell from his eyes. He was being sincere with his feelings.

 

"Jaejoong..."

 

He looked up from what he was writing now, but immediately continued.

 

'Yunho, I love you.'

 

I stared at him for a second before leaning forward and gently kissing him on the lips. In a situation like this, I had no patience. I loved him too. I had never stopped. I had debated a lot. I wondered if I should move on or if I should stop loving altogether. I could never do it. Jaejoong was constantly on my mind. He was always reminding us of our love.

 

"I love you too, Jaejoong."

 

I whispered the words again before kissing him again. I hadn't kissed him in way too long. I forgot how addicting and how hard it was to stop. I could feel his soft hand against my cheek. He didn't want the kiss to end either.

 

"I think we should leave them alone."

 

Yoochun had always been our greatest shipper. Always doing what he could for us. I smiled into the kisses that I was still showering onto Jaejoong.

 

After a few minutes I pulled away so that I could see him. Tears had streamed down his face, but I could see the happiness...the love that he still held for me.

 

"Go to sleep, Joongie. You look so tired."

 

In an instant he was busy writing again.

 

"Will you lay beside me?"

 

Who could deny those eyes or the pout on his lips? I took the paper and pen from him before he carefully made room for me.

 

It felt good to hold him in my arms again. To feel his warmth and his love. I would never be able to give this up again.

 

"I love you Jaejoong."