Sick

You Said Forever

I felt grumpy as I felt someone nudge me awake and out of the beautiful dream that had been Yunho. I missed him. I felt hott and sticky as sweat dripped down.

 

"Jaejoong? Are you alright? I think you are burning up." The lights were dark and I could hear people screaming outside. I tiredly glanced in Junsu's direction. Nothing felt right. My head was spinning...and for the first time in a long time I had the appetite for something spicy.

 

"Get up!"

 

I tried to push the hands off me. This manager just kept disgusting me, time after time.

 

"If you think I'm going to let you reunite with him again, think again. You don't deserve to be with him."

 

He unchained me which was a huge mistake. His words made me angry. I hit him as hard as I possibly could. It barely did anything but knock him slightly backwards and leave a trail of blood running from his lips.

 

He didn't say a single word as he grabbed my hair and dragged me in front of a wall. He didn't hesitate a second to pull out a gun and point it at me.

 

"Jaejoong no!!"

 

I heard Junsu, but he was immediately quieted. I didn't look in his direction either. I stared directly at the gun being pointed at me.

 

If this is how I had to die, and if this is how I had to repay all my sins. Then let it be done. This was all I could think about.

 

"You know what? Your baby never died in that hospital."

 

I wasn't expecting it. How did he know that my baby had died? And what was he saying?

 

"I kidnapped him, Jaejoong."

 

I shook my head. I couldn't understand what he was saying.

 

"That baby...he is in an orphanage. It is a pity he won't be able to meet you."

 

I shook my head, stepping closer. I needed to know more. Where was my baby? What had he done?

 

"Jaejoong's baby?" Junsu mumbled the words.

 

"Shutup Junsu! You were in it too."

 

I felt the breath get caught in my throat as I glanced to Junsu. He was shaking his head at me, his eyes wide. I knew he wasn't involved. He couldn't have been. He had protected me so well back then.

 

"Now that baby is in an orphanage close to here. Who would have thought that his mother would die so close by?"

 

I squeezed my hands into fists. I couldn't leave my baby. Not now.

 

"JAEJOONG!"

 

I glanced to the side. Yunho had distracted our old manager as well.

 

It was a relief to see Yunho. I didn't know how he made it here or how the police were now making it inside the building. I didn't care. I just wanted Yunho. I felt weak just seeing him.

 

"Huh, this is a better situation. That baby can really be an orphan."

 

I tore my eyes from Yunho to find that this man was now pointing his gun at Yunho. I thought quickly, leaping forward to hit his arm just as he hit the trigger. For a moment, I thought that I had missed. That I had messed up once again.

 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" The voice ripped through my throat. The feeling was strange as we fell to the ground. I had knocked the gun out of his hand. I had to get it. I couldn't let him take advantage of this chance. I grabbed, pinched and pulled at whatever I had to so the man couldn't move any closer to the gun.

 

"It's ok, Jaejoong."

 

I looked up when I heard his voice. He was holding the gun, pointing it at the manager. Within a few seconds, he was handcuffed and taken outside.

 

Another police officer unchained Junsu and I. Of course the first thing I did was hug Yunho. He felt like a dream. I never thought I'd be able to touch him like this again.

 

"Jaejoong. You have a fever."

 

I shook my head. I didn't care. I was back with Yunho. However, I wasn't expecting to go limp in his arms and for the consciousness to fade into darkness.

 

 

Yunho P.O.V.

 

I was terrified. Walking into the building to find a gun pointing straight at the love of my life. I had frozen. I never thought I would see Jaejoong like that. The heartbreak and fear in his eyes. The relief when he saw me. All of it was confusing. Then when he had been fighting to keep me alive. I felt scared that he would get hurt.

 

Now that I was pacing outside of a hospital bedroom, nothing had made me feel relief. I had thought Jaejoong might have been shot at first, but the doctors had explained that he had a fever, he hadn't been sleeping or eating and he was stressed. It made me worried even more.

 

I felt as though I hadn't done enough to protect him. To keep him from all the hurt, the stress and the pain. It had been my fault.

 

The only thing I could do was wait.

 

Even when I finally got to go into the room, Jaejoong was sleeping. He still looked stressed and defeated even in his sleep. That wasn't how I used to remember him at all. He had been an angel when he slept, but now it was different. He seemed so torn. So hurt.

 

I fell asleep. Holding his hand. My head on his bed. It made me wonder how I could wake up to find him missing. I frantically found a nurse who also didn't know anything about Jaejoong's disappearance. She pushed the emergency button and everyone seemed to split up to look for him.

 

"Junsu?"

 

My only thought was to call back home. Maybe they had a clue. Maybe they would know where and why Jaejoong would leave.

 

"Hyung? How is Jaejoong?"

 

"He disappeared Junsu. I have no idea where he went."

 

The only reply was silence. I tried waiting, but I was impatient. I needed answers and I needed them now.

 

"Hyung, try the closest orphanage to where we found Jaejoong. I think he will be there."