I live in dreams

APATHY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How the dare you show your face after what you done?” the boy shouted, “You delinquent!”

Luhan didn’t want to cry but he couldn’t stop the tears that soon started to run down his face.

I’m sorry, sweety…you forgot I am here?

I’m your friend. Don’t cry.

They might leave you, but I’ll always be here for you.

Luhan started shaking. The voice. It was in his head.

Stumbling backwards, he shock his head.

“Wha…?”

Before he could finish his question, the boy pushed Luhan once again.

This time the fragile doe eyed boy didn’t have energy to stand anymore and fell on the floor, crying.

Don’t cry, Lu.

Is that going to make anything better?

I know it’s harsh, but none will care if you cry and show it.

Learn to care for yourself because no one will.

Learn to love yourself first, before expecting love back.

 

“I will kill you…you bastard!” the boy kept shouting. He raised a leg and Luhan flinched knowing that a kick was coming his way.

Luhan decided he deserved it and shut his eyes tight, waiting for the pain.

“Sehun!”

Luhan suddenly opened the eyes at the name. Sehun?

He looked up as his tears stopped. Sehun?

A girl had stopped Sehun and dragged him back.

“Sehun, what are you doing?” the girl said taking his face in between her hands, “Look at me.”

Sehun kept looking at the floor and Luhan felt his rage. What had Luhan done to make him this angry? The boy didn’t understand what was going on, so he just started to the floor, feeling a bit ashamed of the fact that he was so weak.

“What are you doing, Sehun?” the girl firmly stared at Sehun’s eyes and nodded as if calming the boy. For some reason, Luhan felt a pang of jealousy in his heart and he was confused.

“Minah…” Sehun said, trying to control his anger, “He…How dare he show up here after everything?”

Luhan looked at the two and knew he was a stranger in between. It was hurting him deep down. He was jealous. He didn’t know what was going on. He was really alone.

Without saying a word, Luhan started to back off and hoped he could leave unnoticed. He regretted going there just to be insulted.

“Hey, wait!”

He had just turned and started to walk away when he felt himself being pulled back by a hand grabbing his arm.

“Wait, Luhan,” the girl, Minah, said smiling slightly, “Come inside.”

“No,” Luhan couldn’t help but smile slightly as he looked from Minah to Sehun, who stood motionless, but his tightened muscles spoke volumes of the way he felt. Luhan could almost sense the hostility radiating off his body.

“I’ll be fine...I just…I…”

“Don’t be scared, Luhan,” Minah said taking his hand, “We know everything, you know. You can stay here for as long as you need to.”

“Miah?!” Sehun suddenly snapped off his calm state, “What are you saying? Are you out of your mind?”

“Sehun!” Minah screamed, “Let’s not make this more complicate than it already is. Please let’s go inside. Sehun, I am feeling lightheaded.”

In a snap, Sehun was at her side and helping her stay up.

Luhan just watched as he felt his heart break. Why? Why was he feeling like that?

He just wanted to go back to the summer time and sit down with Luna, under the porch at their home. Or bake a chocolate cake with his mother. Or sit with his father in his study while they read in silence.

As he came back from his daydreaming, Luhan felt a hand shaking him.

“Luhan?”

The boy looked up to see Minah’s face as she still smiled at him.

“What’s up? I told you, don’t be scared. Sehun is very angry but I understand what you must be going through. Only a few days of freedom. It’s very sad indeed. But as I said, please come inside and make yourself comfortable. Even if for just a while. Oh and we still have your stuff up in the guest room. So you might want to take a look at it?”

Luhan looked a final time at Sehun, who started walking towards the door and slammed it as he entered.

Minah rolled her eyes and started walking after him, inviting Luhan to follow her.

What else could he do?

Luhan was alone. Haunted by a voice and a few blurred memories. He needed a phone.

Sehun seemed to hate him. Minah seemed too sweet to be real. He needed food.

Luhan decided to take the risk. It was the only option he had. He had no money on him so he had no other place to go to.

Besides, now he was even more curious. How was his stuff in that place? And most importantly, what stuff was it?

With his head whirling of questions and doubts, Luhan embraced himself and followed the couple inside the mansion.

 

**********

 

“Why, Minah?” Sehun whispered as the girl walked in the room they shared.

“Sehun, baby, you don’t understand,” she said grabbing his face and fiercely kissing his lips.

“What do I not understand?” The boy said annoyed, “Please explain to me, because genuinely no. I do not understand why you let that bastard who assaulted my mother inside our home?”

“Listen to me, Sehun, we still need him, okay?” she said, “Your attorney said that you will receive the divo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter