FOUR

I Tackled Block B's Park Kyung!

This chapter is a bit long. Please enjoy! Thank you for subscribing & reading (: 

 

-- 

 

"WAKEUPWAKEUPWAKEUPWAKEUP!" I threw my pillow at the source of the noise that disrupted me from my slumber. 

"D.amnit Ahjoo I'm sleeping!" I yell, pulling the covers over my head.. 

"But I'm hungry!" Ahjoo stomped his feet on the floor like a five year old. 

"There's cereal in the cupboards, now LEAVE." I grabbed the pillow and pushed it on top of my head. 

"GAH I WANT REAL FOOD!" 

"THEN GO AND BUY IT!" 

"I WANT YOU TO COOK!" 

"I DON'T WANT TO COOK!" 

"SEUL RI!" 

"AHJOO!" I sat up straight on my bed, fuming at the idiot in front of me. He gave me a lopsided smile and waved at me happily. 

"GOOD MORNING~" He sang. 

"Nothing is good about this morning Ahjoo, especially when I  have to see your fugly face this early in the day." I crossed my arms in front of my chest. 

"Now, now, it's too early to be frowning Seul Ri. Why don't you go and be a sweetie and make the breakfast for me." He leaned down my face and pinched my cheeks. 

"Ugh, fine. Move." I groaned, shoving his hands away from me while I got out of my bed. 

I took a minute to stretch out my arms and legs then proceeded to walk to the kitchen. Ahjoo was following close behind me, humming an annoying tune as we walked. 

"What do you want?" I asked him without turning my head towards him. I walked straight to the fridge and looked around. 

"Hmm ..." He rest his chin on my shoulder. I moved my head to look at his direction when our cheeks touched. My eyes grew wide. 

He looked towards me and smiled. 

"Something sweet... I want pancakes." He responded, lifting up his head from my shoulder. 

I could have sworn he was staring at my lips...

"That's good. Starting the day with diabetes. That's my motto as well!" I sarcastically remarked as I took out eggs and milk from the fridge. I closed the refrigerator door and made my way towards the pantry. I grabbed the flour, sugar, vanilla extract and the bottle filled with syrup. 

I placed them down on the counter and pulled out a large bowl from the bottom cupboard. I added the flour inside the bowl with the milk and eggs. I grabbed a whisk and started to combine the ingredients. I then added the sugar and vanilla into the mix and whisked the concoction once more. 

"How many do you want?" I asked Ahjoo. 

"Hmm … five?" 

"Kay." I grabbed a frying pan from the bottom cupboard and placed it on the stove. I grabbed a ladle and placed it inside the bowl. I the stove and waited for the pan to heat up before I added some oil. 

"Loser, make yourself useful and set the table." I said as I ladled the first pancake onto the pan. 

A sizzle was heard as the batter touched the hot pan, I could already smell the delicious aroma of the vanilla. 

I quickly grabbed a spatula and waited for bubbles to form around the edges of the pancake. After a few seconds, I flipped the pancake over to cook the other side. 

"Waaah, you're a good cook." Ahjoo praised me from behind, patting my head. 

"Well, of course. You're talking to Park Seul Ri." I smiled cockily at the perfectly shaped pancake. 

I placed the pancake on an empty plate and ladled another serving of batter onto the pan. After ten or so minutes, I finished all of the batter and ended up with a grand pile of pancakes on the plate. 

I placed the pancakes onto the dining table and set aside the bottle of syrup next to it. 

I sat down on an empty chair and Ahjoo did as well. 

"Dig in, fatty." 

-- 

"That was some good food Seul Ri." Ahjoo sighed out of happiness as he patted his full stomach. 

"Well, I do live to make you happy." I mockingly muttered out. 

"That's the spirit!" He patted my head. 

"Stop. Doing. That." I deeply exhaled, swatting his hand away. 

"So … what time is it by the way?" Ahjoo asked. 

"Uh … I don't know. Go check your phone, lazy." 

He took out his phone from his pants pocket and checked the time. 

"It's 10:45 a.m." 

"WHAT?!" 

"It's 10:45 a-" 

"I KNOW THE TIME YOU IDIOT. !" I yelled out loud, pushing myself off of the chair. 

"W-what?" 

"MY JOB INTERVIEW IS IN AT 11:30 a.m.!" 

"Oh man …" 

"I GOTTA GET READY!" I ran to my room and slammed the door shut. 

-- 

I checked my phone for the time and it was 11:15AM.

"Can you drive faster?" I complained at Ahjoo. 

"If you haven't noticed the stoplight is red right now so driving ahead will get me in trouble with the law." He rolled his eyes. 

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I needed to calm myself down. This was a really big job opportunity for me. Being a nineteen year old college graduate, people would think getting a job would be easy because I graduated so early but it really isn't. The fact that I am young makes it difficult for people to believe in my skills. 

I took a deep sigh and fiddled with my phone. 

"Seul Ri, don't worry about it. Don't be too nervous."  Ahjoo squeezed my hand and gave me a encouraging smile. 

"I'm just-" 

"It's fine, everyone gets those before the interview butterflies; its normal. You'll do great, I believe in you." 

I looked up at him and smiled. 

"Thanks." 

-- 

"Now hurry up and get that job! I'll be waiting for you right here." Ahjoo chuckled, and patted my head.

"Aish, don't mess up my hair." I whined as I took off the seatbelt. 

I grabbed my suitcase from the car floor and closed the car door. I walked swiftly towards the large building known as the "SM BUILDING." I took a deep breath and walked inside the building. 

A doorman opened the door for me and I nodded my head in thanks. I stepped foot inside the building and gasped. There was a great crystal chandelier hanging in the middle of the room, metal benches were lined up on the walls, almost-clear panel walls that had a silver tint made the whole lobby look futuristic yet elegant. 

I made my way towards the end of the lobby where I assumed the receptionist was stationed at. 

"Hi, I have an job interview today at 11:30 a.m." 

The woman looked up at me and gave me a blank stare. 

"Please state your name." 

"Park Seul Ri." 

She stood up and called up a guard. I tensed up. 

"Please her to the chairman's office." The guard bowed and lead the way. 

"Thank you." I quickly told the lady and followed the guard. 

We both entered into an elevator and the guard pressed on the "21" button. I took a deep breath. 

"Nervous?" I looked towards the guard and smiled at him slightly. 

"Kind of." I replied. 

"Don't sweat it." The man told me, giving me a reassuring smile. 

The elevator let out a ding, letting us know we're on our floor. The doors opened and we both stepped out. He led me towards two grand glass doors. He opened it. 

"Just go straight and you'll see a woman waiting for you."

"Thank you." I bowed. 

I walked inside the room and immediately spotted a woman sitting on her chair typing something on her computer. 

"H-hello, I have a job interview today." The lady looked up and stood up.

"Park Seul Ri, correct?" 

"Y-yes." 

"This way." She walked towards another set of doors and opened it for me.

"Thank you." 

I slowly entered the office, looking around at my surroundings. It was a fairly large office with minimal decorations. There were two book shelves on the back wall, a few plants, a large desk right in the middle of the room, and a big office chair. 

"Ms. Park Seul Ri." The office chair swiveled around and a tall, fairly tall man stood up. 

"The chairman isn't here at the moment, so I'll be filling in for him." He explained.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Kim Jae Hyun, the chief executive manager." He raised his hand up for a handshake. I quickly shook his hand. 

"Nice to meet you." I replied. 

"Shall we get to business?" He said, motioning me to sit down on the chair in front of the table. 

"Yes." 

-- 

"How was it?" Ahjoo asked as I entered his car. 

I took a deep breath and placed my suitcase down on the floor.

"Honestly, I have no idea. I think I did well but I don't know. They told me they'll call as soon as they can today." I looked down at my phone. 

I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder. 

"Don't be too worried. You'll get the job." Ahjoo gave me a reassuring smile. 

"And if I don't?" 

"They're es who lost a great person." He winked. 

"Whatever, just drive me home now." I playfully slapped his face. 

"That hurt." He said in a mocking tone. 

"DRIVE." 

Ahjoo chuckled dryly and nodded his head.

"Yes princess." He started to drive out of the parking lot.

I closed the car door and waved at Ahjoo. He rolled down the window. 

"Thanks for the ride Ahjoo." 

"No problem." 

"So ... I'll see you when I see you?" 

"Of course." He chimed, waving back at me. 

"Have a safe trip home." I said and turned around towards my apartment. 

I opened my door and immediately took off my shoes and dropped my suitcase on the floor. I walked towards my room and collapsed onto my bed. I felt a small vibration next to me. I looked up and saw that I got a new message. I sluggishly grabbed my phone and brought it to my face. 

It was from B. I raised my head up and opened the message.

It's only 12 noon and I haven't stopped thinking about you. 
I keep wondering what you're doing; what you're thinking.
Does it creep you out I know you, but you don't know me?

I smiled at his text message. 

Surprisingly ... no. I'm intrigued by you. I want to know who you are. 

Can we meet? I wanted to add. 

You'll find out in time. 

I sighed out loud and placed my phone down on my bed. 

"Who are you?" I closed my eyes. Suddenly, I felt extremely tired. I could feel that I would asleep any moment. 

"Ugh." I groaned, hearing my phone ring. I grab it and place it next to my ear. 

"Hello?" 

"Ms. Park Seul Ri?" I sat up from my bed. 

"Yes?" 

"This is from SM entertainment." I could feel my heart beating all over my chest. 

"I am here to inform you that you're interview went smoothly." I felt a smile creep up my face. 

"-But we're sorry to say that you have been denied. It has been decided that your skills won't be needed in our company. Thank you for giving your time and effort into applying for a job here at SM." 

"T-thank you." I mutter out. 

"Though your services are not needed at SM, we have arranged for you another job interview at a different entertainment company. We've decided that it was a waste of your capabilities if we left you like this, so in return, we sent your resume to Brand New Stardom." 

"R-really?" In less than 2 minutes, I was happy, sad, then happy once again. 

"They'll be contacting you right away."

"T-Thank you so much! Have a great day!" I hung up the phone and immediately started jumping on my bed. 

"I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" I yell out loud as I kept jumping. 

All of a sudden, my phone started to ring. 

WHAT IF IT'S THEM?! 

I quickly plop down onto my bed and grab my phone. 

"Hello?"

"Is this Ms. Park Seul Ri?" 

"Yes, this is her." 

"Hello, I am a representative of Brand New Stardom and we would like to confirm with you and your interview date." 

"Yes." 

"I apologize if this seems too sudden, but is it alright if you come by today at 4:00 p.m. at the Brand New Stardom office? We are truly sorry that this is so last minute, but today is the only day we are able to conduct an interview with you." 

"No, no its fine! I'll be there at four." 

"Really? That's wonderful! We'll be glad to meet you later." The person on the phone gave me directions to the building and bid farewell. 

"Great. Thank you!" 

-- 

I ran out of my apartment and into my car. I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was 2:30 p.m. I drove out of the parking lot and made my way towards the city. 

"I should eat first ..." I muttered to myself, realizing I hadn't eat anything besides the pancakes from this morning. A few minutes later, I parked a few blocks away from the Brand New Stardom building. I get out of my car and lock it. I look around to spot any close foodstands and I saw one directly in front of the building. 

"Good afternoon!" I greeted the lady working the stand. 

"Hello there, what would you like?" 

"A plate of ddukbokki please." 

She grabbed a styrofoam container and started to fill it up with ladle-fuls of ddukbokki goodness. 

"That will be 1000 won." I handed her a few bills and grabbed the container. I also grabbed a few napkins and a pair of chopsticks. 

"Thank you!" I said and made my way back to my car. 

I noticed a sitting area in front of the BNS building and decided to eat my food over there. I sat down and placed my food on my lap. I casually ate my late lunch, letting myself savor the spicy taste of the ddukbokki. I  grabbed a napkin and wiped my face. I felt a vibration in my blazer pocket. I took out my phone and saw that I got a new message. It was from B. 

I see you. 

I looked up from my phone and looked around. 

"What?" I whisper. I get up from the seating area and throw away my empty ddukbokki container and napkins at the nearest trash bin. I started to look around to see if there were anyone that looked like they were texting. 

Everyone looks like they're not even paying attention to you. 

Where are you?

Seconds later I get another text message. 

Catch me? (; 

I bit my bottom lip in frustration. 

"W-what?!" I exhale and started to walk around. 

This guy is on my nerves now. I looked at the time and it is 3:15 p.m. I have time to look for this guy. I walk towards the sidewalk and looked around. I took a left turn and I was turned around. Next thing I know, we're at a secluded area next to the building. 

"Hey." 

I look back and I'm sure it was the same guy from the club. I still couldn't see his face because he was wearing his hoodie up. 

"Are you B?" I ask. 

He pulled me closer to his body and nodded. 

"W-why won't you show your face?" 

He slightly raised his hoodie showing half of his face; his eyes still hidden. 

"It's better if it's like this." He turned me around so that my back was against the wall. 

"My reward?" I looked at his rosy lips, they curved to a playful smile. 

"I-I-" He lowered his face closer to mine; I could feel his breath against my skin. 

"Just one kiss ..." He murmured before planting his soft lips against mine. 

His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me off the wall slightly while my hands instantly intertwined in his hair. Our lips glided in sync with one another as we locked lips longer. 

He ended it in an instant; I was left breathless, I tried to regain my breathing pattern. 

"Wait-" I grabbed his arm before he tried to leave. 

"W-who are you?" He claimed my lips once more, and just like that he left. 

I was standing by myself, flustered at the scenario that happened moments ago. I grabbed my phone from my blazer pocket and checked the time. It was 3:55 p.m. I fixed my clothes and hair and immediately ran towards the entrance of Brand New Stardom. I quickly walked over to the receptionist. 

"Hello, I'm Park Seul Ri and I have an interview." 

The woman stood up immediately and nodded her head. 

"Ms. Park, this way please!" She said enthusiastically, leading me to a hallway. We then walked into a conference room. 

"Please wait here." She said and left me by myself. 

I stood there replaying the scene in my head, I brought my hand up to my chest and took a deep breath. 

Calm down Seul Ri, calm down ...

The doors opened and a tall man entered the room, seven other men following him close behind. 

"Ms. Park Seul Ri, I'm Choi Tae Jun, we talked earlier on the phone." He raised his hand up for a handshake. I took his hand and bowed my head. 

"Yes, It's wonderful to meet you sir." 

"Once again, I'd like to apologize for the short notice. Given the time we have, the company wanted this interview to happen as soon as possible." 

"No worries, it's fine." 

"Well, lets get to business, shall we? I'm sure you're familiar with our new group, Block B." The members stood tall, bowing their heads at me. I bit my lip, I can't believe I'm meeting them again!

"We are Block B!" They shouted. The members did their individual introductions after. 

"I'm sure you're wondering why we've brought them here and how this relates to your interview." 

I nodded my head and smiled. 

"Yes." 

"We understand that you're a business major fresh out of college at the age of nineteen. An amazing feat, we'd like to hire you, considering you also minored in arts. Those two things we are in dire need of." 

He paused. 

"We'd like to offer you a job as our Marketing Representative. Since you're a business major, you focused on marketing, and with that, you also took graphic design as a minor. Those two are a perfect combination as a market representative." 

"I-I accept!" 

"Wh-Really?" 

"YES! I-I mean, yes." 

"Fantastic! Is it possible that you start tomorrow?" 

"Of course! Thank you for this opportunity." 

"Now to the second part. Since you'll be our market representative, its crucial that you get to know Block B. We'd like you to spend your time with them considering they will be the 'product' you'll be selling. You need to come up with a new concept for them so that the next time they come back, it will not only be grand, but effective in catching fans' attention." 

I gulped.

I will be spending time with Block B?! They're my job?! Oh my gosh. 

 

--

Sorry for the late update! x-x From this point, I'll be updating more frequent. Sorry about the delay!