Eighteen

I Tackled Block B's Park Kyung!

Minhyuk suprised me while I was at Stardom Ent., asking if I'd go out and eat lunch with him. Of course, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to hang out with him but I was hesitant because we'd be close to the building, meaning there would be fangirls lurking around. Minhyuk managed to convince me that nothing wrong would happen. 

When we got out of the building, there weren't any fangirls hanging about, thankfully. Minhyuk was wearing sunglasses and his hoodie from his jacket on his head to make himself less noticable. 

The two of us decided to get food from street vendors so we walked towards my favorite ddukbokki stand. 

"Two orders please!" Minhyuk said enthusiastically.

The old man scooped up a plate of hot ddukbokki for the two of us, Minhyuk paid for both of our meals, and we then walked around the area, eating our lunch. 

"Should we sit down?" I asked him as he nibbled on his food. 

He looked at me and nodded cutely, his cheeks puffed up due to the amount of food in his mouth. I chuckled as the two of us made our way towards an empty bench. 

I was halfway done with mine when I noticed Minhyuk had some sauce on his face. I grabbed a napkin from my pocket and started to wipe the sauce from his face. Minhyuk stared at me wide-eyed as I cleaned him up. 

"You're such a child." I giggled, leaning away from his face, continuing to eat my food. 

I heard him clear his throat, muttering a quiet sorry as he proceeded to finish his meal. I looked at my surroundings and saw that everyone was busily going on with their lives, not paying attention to their surroundings much. 

"Minhyuk." I called him. 

He looked at me and tilted his head to the side. 

"Hmm?" He was chewing the last of his ddukbokki. 

I looked at my surroundings again and quickly gave him a peck on the cheek. I then looked back at my meal, pretending nothing had happened as I finished my food. I felt a smile creep up on my face as I ate the last bite of ddukbokki. I savored the spicy food, my lips. 

"So are you- hmmph!" My eyes grew wide; Minhyuk kissed me on the lips! 

He leaned away from me, sticking his tongue out. 

"Two can play at this game." 

I felt my cheeks burn from embarrassment. I can't believe he did that! 

"We're in public!" I whined, looking around. 

"Eh? You're the one who started it!" He reasoned. 

"I kissed you on the cheek, it's different." I crossed my arms, stubbornly. 

Minhyuk rolled his eyes and grabbed my empty food container. We both stood up and he threw away our trash. Minhyuk then grabbed my hand, intertwining my fingers with his. 

"Lets go." He said, pulling me along with him. 

We entered a flee market, seeing many different kinds of clothing, accesories, toys, electronics, you name it. A stall caught my eye; I dragged Minhyuk along with me. 

"Hello there Miss." The old man greeted me. 

I bowed in respect and looked at the things he was selling. 

There were so many adorable hair clips as well as bracelets. I looked at each and every bracelet I saw, realizing that every time I checked another one, I had the strongest urge to buy them all. 

"Look! This one has studs! Omo, this one has a kitten bead! This is so cute! Theres a panda one too! Oh gosh- its a metal bracelet!" I squealed, not paying attention to what Minhyuk was doing. 

I looked through all of the bracelets, realizing that a familiar warm hand was out of mine. I looked up and saw that Minhyuk was purchasing something. I rushed to his side and asked him what he bought. 

"I bought Ukwon something." He shrugged his shoulders. 

I raised my eyebrows up, nudging his side. 

"Hmm ... you're not cheating on me with him, are you?" I teased. 

"Y-y-yah! I saw something that would suit him!" His cheeks turned pink as the old man gave him a small black bag with his purchase. 

"Okay, okay, I was just teasing." I laughed, linking my arm with his. We walked through the whole market, seeing many interesting gadgets on display as well. After the first vendor we went to, none of the other stalls caught our attention. 

I looked at my phone and realized that my break time was almost over. 

"Minhyuk, I have to go back." 

He pouted at me.

"But we didn't even spend time together that loonnngg." He whined. 

"Ai, stop being such a baby. We'll hang out again sometime soon." 

"When?" 

"Uhmm ... Friday? Are you free?" I asked. 

"Oh! Yeah!" He nodded his head in excitement. "We have a photoshoot during the morning but we'll be done in the afternoon." 

"Okay, I'll take an early leave that day then." I smiled. 

"Yaaay!" He cheered. 

We both started to walk back to the direction of the Stardom Entertainment building. We passed by a liquor store, Minhyuk wanted to buy a drink so we entered, buying two bottles of water. 

I noticed that there were a group of girls in the corner of the store, whispering and looking at Minhyuk and I. 

"Minhyuk..." I pulled him closer to my side. 

"Hm?" 

"Those girls ... they keep looking at our direction." I bit my lip as Minhyuk slowly peered to the group of girls' direction. 

I heard one of them squeal as Minhyuk turned to look, I grabbed his hand, pulling him towards the cash register. 

"We wanna buy these only." I quickly told the cashier. 

I got out a bunch of bills and placed it on the counter, grabbing the drinks. 

"Keep the change!" I said, pulling Minhyuk with me out of the store. 

I heard footsteps behind us as we walked out. 

"Aw crap they're fans!" I muttered. 

"Damn!" 

I didn't see where I was going when I walked into a guy holding three boxes. My face hit the boxes dead on, causing the guy to stumble, throwing the boxes into the air. 

"Seul Ri!" Minhyuk cried out as the two of us fell on the floor. 

I closed my eyes, feeling the impact of my fall. I groaned, trying to push myself off of the floor. 

"Minhyuk?" I opened my eyes, seeing that I had fallen on him. 

He smiled at me at first, then his expression slowly changing to a frown. 

His hoodie was down and his sunglasses were on the floor; cracked and broken. 

"..." 

"BBomb oppa!" 

"Omo!" 

"Oppa!!" 

Before I could do anything, I was yanked up off of Minhyuk. 

"Hey!" I cried out, whoever the person that pulled me up was dragging me along with them into the crowd. 

"Seul Ri!" I heard Minhyuk cry out as he got up from the floor, ready to run for me but couldn't because the fangirls were blocking his way. 

-- 

 

"Let me go!" I cried out, trying to get out of Hyungseok's grip. 

Hyungseok pulled me away from Minhyuk and we left him with his fangirls. 

"I said LET GO!" I screamed, finally releasing my wrist from his grip, pushing him forward. 

Hyungseok tripped and landed on the floor with his palms down on the ground. He groaned and pushed himself up, blowing away the debris from his scratched hands.

"I told you to let go of me." I glared. 

He let out a chuckle and looked amused at me. 

"I was saving you." 

"Saving me from what?" 

"What else? You're in a relationship with an idol; do you think those fangirls will be okay with that?" 

He had a good point. 

"And since when did you care about me? Remember Hyungseok, you broke up with me. You told me that you didn't care about me any more." Angry tears were threatening to escape my eyes. I balled my hands up into fists to prevent myself from crying; he might get the wrong idea. 

Hyungseok's gaze softened; he let out a dejected sigh. 

"I know." He replied simply. 

"Then why are you here?" 

"Because I want you to take me back. S-seul Ri, please take me back." He took a step forward towards me and kneeled down on the floor. 

I bit my lip in order for me to keep my straight face; what the hell are you doing?!

He grabbed my hand and pulled it against his cheek, making me caress his cheek with my hand. I felt powerless, unable to pull my hand back.

"I ed up, I know. I'm the idiot who cheated on you and I'm the idiot begging for another chance." 

I pulled my hand from him, taking a step away from him. 

"I'm with someone else Hyungseok." I replied with a strained voice.

"I can't break up with him just because you tell me you're sorry and you want us to be together again." I paused. "Life isn't like that. You broke my heart. You need to understand that those months without you were the hardest months in my life." I took a deep breath. "I was so broken for so long, Ahjoo thought I wouldn't be able to be normal again. I-I begged him not to come after you. He wanted to break you, like how you broke me. Eventually I stopped hurting. Not all of a sudden, but each day, it stopped hurting to breathe." 

Hyungseok looked up at me with glazed eyes; he was crying. I crouched down to his level and continued.

"You were my first boyfriend, my first love, and my first heartbreak. We had amazing memories together and I'll cherish them. But you hurt me Hyungseok. You hurt me so much I honestly thought I wasn't going to survive." 

"Seul Ri-" 

"L-let me finish, please." 

He nodded.

"Minhyuk makes me happy. We haven't been going out that long, nor have we known each other that long but I can tell he won't hurt me." 

I began to wipe the tears from Hyungseok's face. 

"I'm sorry Hyungseok." 

He took a deep breath and nodded his head. We both got up from the ground; Hyungseok dusted his jeans. 

"Seul Ri." 

He pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly. 

"Take care. I can only wish Minhyuk will take care of you and won't mess up like I did. I-I love you, okay?" I nodded, letting my tears fall freely. 

He let go of me and chuckled. 

"The only thing I can do is make you cry." He shook his head. "I'm sorry." 

I let out a laugh, wiping my tears. "Thank you Hyungseok." 

He patted my head. "Go to him." 

I nodded, running back to the direction where I had left Minhyuk. 

-- 

At the moment, I didn't care if I was hours late for work; I reasoned with myself that since I did so many overtimes, they would cut me some slack. There were more important things at hand. 

I called Minhyuk so many times I lost count after the thirtith call. I texted him to call me back, hoping he'd reply.

It was no use. 

Once I ran back to where Minhyuk and I were at, he was nowhere to be seen. None of his fangirls were there either. 

I called the other members but none of them answered my calls. 

"Ugh!" I cried out loud, wanting to rip my hairs out. 

I probably looked like a complete idiot running around, looking all over for him. I didn't care though. All I cared about was to find Minhyuk and fix everything back into place. 

I didn't want to lose him. Not like this. 

My phone started to ring, I immediately picked up the call, not looking at whoever called me. 

"Minhyuk?!" I answered. 

"What?" It was Ahjoo. 

I groaned. 

"Yah, call me back later. I'm waiting for a call." I replied, immediately hanging up on Ahjoo. 

I stuck my phone back into my pocket and continued to run all over the streets, calling out his name. There's probably a billion Minhyuk's, no one would think I'd be looking for one of the famous ones, right? 

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, signaling me that I got a text message. 

It was from Ahjoo. 

"Ugh." I muttered out, opening his text. 

// Rude much? Anyways, go to Block B's dorm. Kyung texted me Minhyuk arrived a few minutes ago. Hurry. // 

Since when did Ahjoo and Kyung become best buddies? I shrugged my shoulders and began to run towards Block B's dorm. 

-- 

I knocked frantically on the front door. Moments later, Zico opened the door. 

"He's here right?" I asked, breathless. I ran the whole time, not wasting a single second. 

Zico nodded and let me enter. I staggered inside, walking to where his room was. The only other person I saw was Kyung, who looked at me with unreadable eyes. 

The bedroom door was slightly ajar, I pushed it open slowly. 

"M-minhyuk?" I called out to him. I peered into the room, Minhyuk was facing his back towards me, he had his headphones on. He had the music on full-blast, I could hear the loud music from where I was standing. 

I slowly walked towards him, nervous and afraid. 

I stood at the foot of the bed, I could see him looking at me through his peripheral vison. He shifted his body, lying down on his back. He carefully took off his headphones and placed it to his left side. He then sat up, using his elbows to prop him upwards. 

"Can I sit down?" I asked. 

He nodded stiffly.

I sat down next to his feet, my hands on my lap. 

"I'm sorry for leaving you like that." I started. 

"I should have ran back the moment I had the chance. Y-you must have had a hard time with those fans." I looked at his face, he was staring blankly at me.

I gulped, not wanting to cry in front of him.

"T-that's all I wanted to say." I lied. 

I wanted to say more. I wanted to say how much you mean to me and how much you're becoming someone I'm starting to depend on. I want to say that I don't care that I'm starting to fall for him, hard. I want to say-

"Seul Ri." Minhyuk grabbed my hands, intertwining his fingers with mine. 

I looked up to meet his gaze, my eyes glossy from the tears I've been trying to stop. 

He let go of one of my hands and brought his hand up to my cheek, pulling me into a kiss. 

Though our liplock was short, I felt the love he was portraying. 

"I'm madly in love with you Seul Ri. I can't be angry at you; even if I tried." I couldn't help but form a smile. 

"The feeling is mututal." I replied. 

He pulled me into a hug, the two of us falling on top of his bed. My head rested on his chest as he drew imaginary circles on my shoulder. The two of us lay in silence; I listened to his steady heartbeat, knowing my own heartbeat was thumping crazily inside my chest. 

"I'm going to tell my fans." He stated. 

I looked up at him, horrified. 

"W-what?" We both sat up, his arms still holding me close to his body. 

"They'll be understanding." He placed a kiss on my forehead. 

"But ... w-what about Stardom? Wouldn't they be mad? Isn't there a no dating policy between workers?" 

Minhyuk must have seen the panic written all over my face (who wouldn't? I at masking my feelings). He kissed me on the cheeks, telling me it'll be okay. 

"O... okay." I took a deep breath. 

"Really?" 

I nodded my head. 

"I trust you."