ONE

I Tackled Block B's Park Kyung!

 

I needed to run faster. 

 

I clenched my fists and leaned my body forward. I felt the wind whip at my face as I ran through the busy streets of Seoul. Faint shouts of ahjummas and ahjusshis echo in my ears as I ran, trying to dodge innocent walkers and street vendors. 

 

Little by little, their voices grew mute and all I could hear were the soles of my shoes scraping across the pavement as I ran. 

 

I made a sharp turn at the end of the street, nearly tackling a group of elementary students. 

 

I took a deep breath and pushed myself forward, tightly gripping on the hard plastic in my hand. 

 

I could feel my lungs tightening. I never could run long distance. I took deeper, yet shorter, breaths. 

 

I could hear another pair of feet drumming the same beat as mine, causing fear to strike through me. 

 

"Crap." I muttered under my breath. 

 

I quickly looked behind me and saw a familiar face with a cocky smirk plastered on their face. 

 

"S.hit!" I cursed in my mind, knowing who it was. 

 

I picked up my pace, forcing my legs to run faster than I've ever ran my whole life.

 

I almost reached the end of the alley way, I decided to make a left turn. I looked back one more time. A victorious smile spread across my face when- 

 

I felt my body collide into something, or rather someone. I grabbed their arm, in hopes to prevent the both of us from falling, which only caused us to fall faster on the pavement. 

 

I felt my elbows graze on the hard surface below me, causing me to let go of what I was holding onto. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and realized I was face flat on the ground. 

 

I groaned, pushing my body up from the sidewalk, my arms feeling like jello as I did so. 

 

I heard a pained moan next to me, followed by shuffling of feet. I didn't bother to look at them; there were more important things to look at, actually, more important things to find. 

 

I looked all over the sidewalk, looking for my multi-colored water gun, my head snapping back and forth to look for it. 

 

I spot a familiar neon yellow object on the floor, right next to a pair of high end looking sneakers. I quickly crawl towards the pair of feet to grab my gun when I heard a familiar voice. 

 

"Hyung!" I froze at the touch of my gun. 

 

That voice … Who is that?! 

 

I quickly grab the gun from the floor and start to push myself up when a pair of hands grab me by the arms, pulling me up. 

 

Surprised, I shove the person in the middle of them helping me. 

 

"Y-yah!" I shrieked. 

 

That's when I gasped. 

 

"Y-you're Pyo Jihoon of Block B!" I say out-loud, covering my mouth with my free hand. 

 

I turn around to see the rest of the Block B members helping Park Kyung off of the floor. 

 

My eyes grew wide. 

 

I tackled Park Kyung!

 

"I-I-I-I-I- SORRY!" I yell out loud, instantly bowing at all of them numerous times. 

 

Suddenly, Jihoon grabbed my arm. I looked at my arm, then at his face, then at my arm, then at his face again. 

 

"It's alright." He smiled warmly. 

 

"I-I see …" 

 

"Gotcha." I felt my whole body tense up. I could feel the plastic gun pointing straight at the back of my head. 

 

"A-A-A-A-A-Ahjoo…" I immediately drop my water gun and raise both of my hands up. I cautiously turn around, meeting his gaze. 

 

"C-c-c-c-com'on now …" A scared smile formed on my face. 

 

He slowly shook his head in a mocking way as if I were a two-year-old who asked for more candy after dinner. 

 

"You know the rules Rinnie-ah~" He said sweetly. 

 

I blinked. 

 

Next thing I knew my face was shot with a powerful force of water. Ahjoo kept blasting me face-on with his water gun; I accidentally swallowed some while trying to close my mouth. 

 

"ACK! YAH! STOP! ACK! *COUGH* STOP! *COUGH*" I walked backwards in attempt to escape Ahjoo's wrath, only ending up falling flat on my   once more on the ground. 

 

Ahjoo finished soaking me with his water gun, grinning evilly. 

 

I wipe my face with my sweater sleeve, glaring up at him.

 

"We win a point." He said before running away full speed. 

 

I grab the water gun from the floor, mumbling threats at Ahjoo. Only till someone cleared their throat did I realize that Block B was still standing right next to me. 

 

My eyes grow wide once again, feeling awkward with what they had just witnessed. 

 

"I-I'm sorry with tackling you Kyung-sshi!" I bow once more. 

 

"I-I have to go!" I say before running full speed at Ahjoo's direction. 

 

He is going to get it.