Confessions

A Game of Chaos

 

DongHae shook his head, blocking out SungMin’s voice as much as he could. The younger man sobbed hopelessly, burying his face in his hands as he cried; SungMin sighed. He found himself unwillingly sympathizing with the younger man; memories he’d much rather forget began to resurface. SungMin’s gaze softened as DongHae looked down at the ground, his tears rolling off his cheeks and onto the ground. The former nurse took a deep breath, preparing himself to try and break through to the hysterical younger man again.  

“DongHae…” SungMin whispered, his voice hoarse and tense with emotion.

                DongHae whimpered pathetically, shaking his head and murmuring incoherently. SungMin frowned slightly, his voice had been much harsher than intended; subconsciously his brain instructed him to treat the man like he would a patient.

“DongHae-ah.” SungMin  tried again; DongHae flinched.

“No…not Henry…I didn’t mean—no…” DongHae whispered.

“DongHae, look at me.”

                DongHae shook his head, refusing to look at the older man.

“DongHae, look at me.”

“N-no…I’m sorry hyung, I’m so, so sorry. Henry—I didn’t…didn’t mean…”

“DongHae it’s okay.”

“No!” DongHae looked up at SungMin with tear filled eyes. “He’s dead…I killed him.”

                SungMin shook his head and offered the younger man a small smile.

“He’s okay DongHae, he’s alive.”

                DongHae stared at SungMin wide-eyed.

“He’s dead…I-I killed him.” DongHae repeated.

“No Hae, Henry’s alive.”

                DongHae blinked.

“W-what?”

“He’s alive, damn near dead but he’s healing.”

“N-no…he’s dead…I killed him.”

                SungMin paused, observing DongHae carefully; the man’s eyes were glassy, he stared right through SungMin. DongHae blinked once more and flew into hysterics; SungMin reached for the sobbing man, his instincts kicking in.

“Who did you kill Hae?” SungMin asked cautiously.

“I…I killed…” DongHae let out a wail, closing the distance between himself and SungMin.

                The older man caught DongHae, the distraught man latched himself onto the former nurse; SungMin sighed and wrapped his arms around the larger man, holding him securely.

“H-Hae?” SungMin whispered uncertainly.

“I killed him Minnie-hyung. I killed him, murdered him!”

“Who?”

“D-don’t leave me too hyung. Please don’t leave me.” DongHae sobbed.

“I won’t…”
“E-everyone left…you’re gonna leave me too. Call me a murderer and leave me alone.”

“I won’t.”

                DongHae’s grip on SungMin’s shirt tightened, the younger man clung to the former nurse desperately.

“Shh Hae, I promise I won’t leave you.”

                DongHae let out a small sob.

“I won’t leave you.”

“B-but I killed him and I hurt Henry…”

“I’ve hurt people too DongHae.” DongHae looked up at SungMin; disbelief written on his face.  “I’ve killed people too.”  Confusion etched over the disbelief as the crying man attempted to make sense of SungMin’s confession. Memories of blood and tears flashed in front of SungMin’s eyes as DongHae’s stare intensified; screams rang through his ears.

“B-but…”

“You heard Loki at the beginning of the game; no one’s innocent here.” SungMin stated, his voice taught.

“Y-you save people hyung.”

“I’ve killed people.” SungMin hissed lowly.

                DongHae stared at SungMin in total disbelief; mixed emotions expressed across his face.

“I-I should probably explain.” SungMin sighed.

                DongHae nodded slowly, a blank expression on his face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sup guys? So, fair warning, next chapter is gonna be a bit weird and is probably gonna test my abilities as a writer. It's the first real showing of a character's back story and I'm determined to make it as clear as I can...However, with the way it's gonna be told it's in Minnie's perspective but kinda like you're watching it happen...idk how to explain it >.< Hopefully it'lll make sense once I actually finish it. So...umm...yeah~ I love you guys~! Same drill as always, I appreciate all your support and I love your faces~!

~Key