Chapter 48

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin's POV

Jimin followed Taemin into the elder's room while feeling uneasy. There was an air to Taemin that made it seem like the elder was in a bad mood. Also, Jimin had checked the strings, and... it seemed Jungkook was going to grow to hate Tamein, as well as the younger, had a purple string connecting his heart to Taemin's. Also, Jimin had learned the white string Taemin had was connected to Minho. Then there was Minho himself, the elder black-haired male who was like Jimin. Minho could see the strings.

"I'm surprised to see you here Jimin, why didn't you tell me you'd be stopping by?" Taemin asked as he pulled off his backpack and opened it, taking out various textbooks and journals, Jimin noted his hands looked a little unsteady.

"I wanted to surprise you... Sorry?" Jimin said though he wasn't sure why he felt the need to say that. Despite the friendliness, Jimin felt he'd made a mistake in not telling the elder he was going to visit.

"No need to apologize, I'm happy to see you," Taemin said, putting away the last of his books and turning to smile at Jimin, but Jimin could tell it wasn't sincere. Why was it he always felt like he was messing up?

"So how are you? You look kind of tired," Jimin decided to say.

"Yea, long night yesterday," Taemin answered.

"I heard from Yuna," Jimin mentioned. Taemin glanced over at the door to his room and murmured something under his breath.

"I didn't catch that," Jimin said.

"Nothing..." Taemin replied with a sigh.

Jimin bit his bottom lip feeling uneasy. It was clear Taemin wasn't in a good mood and it seemed he didn't want Jimin there. But what could Jimin do about it? Maybe he really should have given the elder some forewarning... but he just wanted to surprise him. Jimin had thought it would be a cute surprise so why did Taemin not think so?

"S-Should I leave you alone?" Jimin asked after a moment, stuttering a bit in the beginning.

"No, why do you ask that?"

"It's just... You seem mad... I'm sorry if coming unannounced was a problem," Jimin said once again apologizing. Though the more he thought about it, the more he didn't understand why he should apologize. He just wanted to see Taemin and hang out, they were boyfriends so it shouldn't have been a problem.

Taemin sighed, running a hand over his face before sitting next to Jimin and taking a hold of his hands. "I'm sorry for being so grumpy. I had too many drinks yesterday and have a killer headache. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with me. I promise I'm not mad at you," Taemin explained. Jimin simply nodded though he didn't believe the elder's words. Taemin hugged him again before going back to shuffling his things around.

After a moment of silence Jimin spoke up again, "so what did you have to go out to do this morning? Minho mentioned you had to meet up with someone?"

Taemin hummed in affirmation, "just went over to a friend's place for some notes. She's headed home today so I had to meet her early for them."

"Oh..." Jimin said not sure what else to say.

"Alright I'm done, let's rejoin the others?" Taemin suggested and Jimin nodded. The two walked back into the living room and joined the trio who seemed to be debating somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter