Chapter 19

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~SOF got the most votes across all mediums so here you go! Sorry, it's two days late!!

 

*Yoongi’s POV*

Yoongi stared at the board uninterestedly. The lecture the teacher was giving was boring beyond belief, and it was obvious the teacher didn’t actually care to teach any of them. No one really liked this teacher, Mr. Adam, he was from overseas and he was not a good teacher. Mr. Adam made it clear he couldn’t care less who passed and who failed, and on top of that his tests were stupid and required too much memorization of useless facts. As such none of the students really like him.

Even so, Yoongi wanted to go to a good college and earn a scholarship, so he’d worked hard to maintain a 95 or above all year, not just in Mr. Adam’s class, but all his classes. But now...now he no longer cared. He didn’t want to try hard anymore, there wasn’t a point anyway. Yoongi wasn’t going to go anywhere in life. He looked out the window and sighed as he observed the trees blowing in the wind. No one was outside since everyone was probably in class. Though Yoongi did catch sight of a few students heading away from campus, probably intent on skipping classes.

‘Maybe I should skip to’, Yoongi thought to himself as he closed his eyes. There were only a few minutes left until lunch. He’d been spending his lunchtime outside and avoiding all his friends. He knew it was rude of him to suddenly ditch his friends like that, but he really didn’t feel like interacting with any of them. Every time he looked at one of them, especially Taehyung, he would feel guilty.

The bell rang and students began rushing out to head to the cafeteria. Most of them probably just wanted to be out of Mr. Adam’s class Yoongi figured. Yoongi took his time putting away his things, and then he grabbed his backpack and walked out of the classroom. He was still debating whether he should just skip now or stick around for a bit more. What use would it be to stay anyway, he wondered to himself.

“Wait up hyung!” Yoongi heard Namjoon calling him. He paused and turned around to see Namjoon rushing towards him while trying clumsily to avoid other students. Yoongi waited patiently for the other, while silently smiling in his head at the sight of Namjoon weaving between the students. Namjoon was clumsy, so seeing him trying not to trip anyone or himself while hurrying towards him, amused Yoongi. Of course, he kept a blank face, but inside he was chuckling at Namjoon’s attempts. It was obvious the younger was bumping into people by the number of times he had to yell “sorry” over his shoulder.

“Thanks for waiting for me, hyung” Namjoon said finally arriving in front of Yoongi. Yoongi just nodded, face still blank as he looked up at Namjoon.

“What do you want?” Yoongi asked.

“Oh, yea...wait...um...what was it I was gonna say...oh yea! I came up with new lyrics but I’m having trouble with some parts. I was wondering if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter