Chapter 38

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The week seemed to fly by and before Jimin knew it, Saturday had arrived. Jimin checked his reflection in the mirror once more before deeming he looked cute enough. He then headed downstairs for breakfast and informed his grandfather he was going out to the mall with his friends.

“Can I come too, hyung?” Jihyun asked and Jimin hesitated to say yes. He hadn’t told Jihyun about Taemin yet and wasn’t sure how Jihyun would react. He didn’t want his younger brother blabbing to his parents because then his mom would definitely insist on meeting Taemin much like Jin had. It wasn’t that Jimin didn’t trust Jihyun to keep quiet… but, ok yea, he didn’t completely trust Jihyun to be able to keep it secret. He was afraid his younger brother would accidentally let it slip around their parents.

“Um not this time, maybe next time?” Jimin offered lamely. Jihyun narrowed his eyes at Jimin, knowing it was unlike his brother to say no to him for something as simple as this.

“Why not?” Jihyun asked.

“Um… it’s just supposed to be me and my friends today,” Jimin tried to explain but it was obvious Jihyun was not buying it.

“Jihyun gets along with your friends, take your brother with you,” Jimin’s grandpa said to prevent any arguing to take place.

“But grandpa-” Jimin started to protest but stopped himself realizing that wouldn’t help. He’d just dig himself into a bigger hole if he argued without giving a proper reason.

“Ok fine, but be ready quick. I’m leaving in ten minutes and if you’re not ready, I’ll leave you behind,” Jimin threatened. Jihyun cheered and quickly finished his breakfast and ran upstairs to change.

Despite his warning, Jihyun still took an extra five minutes and Jimin didn’t make good on his threat and patiently waited for the younger. Fifteen minutes later the two brothers were on their way to the mall.

“So what are you all planning to do today? Movies? Window shopping? Is there some event?” Jihyun asked curiously as they walked.

“Well… not exactly? Um, there’s something I need to tell you and you CAN’T tell mom or dad. Or grandpa,” Jimin added at the end. Jihyun raised his eyebrow at Jimin before nodding his head for the elder to continue.

“I mean it, you can’t say ANYTHING about it around them. I’m trusting you to remember and keep it secret no matter what, you can’t slip up,” Jimin insisted and Jihyun held up his pinky.

“I pinky promise I won’t say anything to our parents and won’t accidentally slip up,” Jihyun promised with a serious expression. Jimin hesitated and paused walking just as Jihyun had. A moment later he wrapped his pinky around Jihyun’s pinky and then touched thumbs before they each kissed their thumbs and considered the deal sealed.

“Ok… so about a week ago I got a boyfriend an-” Jimin was cut off by Jihyun choking on air it seemed. The younger took a moment to compose himself while staring wide-eyed at Jimin before shouting, “really?!”

“Shhh!” Jimin berated the younger as he held his finger to his lips in a shushing gesture before continuing, “yea, I’m dating someone now.”

“Wow… I can’t believe you didn’t tell me!” Jihyun said smiling widely and pinching Jimin’s cheek in revenge for not telling him.

“Owww, let go you brat, I don’t have to tell you everything,” Jimin said pushing his brother away softly.

“But I tell you everything!” Jihyun protested with a pout as the two resumed walking.

“Cause I’m your older brother and I’m supposed to know everything about you. Plus, you need my advice,” Jimin said laughing at the petulant look Jihyun was making.

“That’s not fair,” Jihyun protested and Jimin just laughed more before telling Jihyun the purpose of this mall visit.

“Oh, so everyone is coming to meet him? That’s gonna make for a really big group, you’ve got too many friends,” Jihyun said.

Jimin rolled his eyes bef

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter