Chapter 17

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color Code:

Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)

Dark Red= love between children and parents

Pink= love shared by siblings

Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)

Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate

Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)

Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you

White= unknown

Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)

Orange= unknown

Gray= a relationship that is broken beyond repair

Black= dying

Texture Code:

Hot: extreme anger

Cold: Sadness

 

The weekend passed by rather quickly. Jimin and Jihyun spent most of their time with their grandfather. They helped him around the house and just kept him company for as long as they could. Their mother and father would be in and out of the house as they checked up on their grandmother as well as took care of things that needed to be taken care of. Jimin tried not to think about the very real possibility that his grandmother might die. Black only meant dying not dead. Dead was when the black that was starting to form reached the other person at the end of the string. And after that happened, the string would break about a fingers length away from the person’s body and form a really tiny bow.

Jimin knew this because he had seen many black bows on people and had even seen some strings turn black, break, and form a tiny bow within a minute right before his eyes. He, however, hadn’t figured out what those strings meant until five years ago. His grandma on his mother’s side of the family had lost her sister and he had seen a string that was a little black bow on her, the only one at the time. So Jimin deduced that it was the pink string that his grandmother used to have, and now it was a black bow which symbolized her loss. His mother never had a string connecting her to her aunt so there wasn’t any black bows on her. Jimin had also seen that these strings tended to glow when the person was thinking deeply about the person who they lost.

“Jihyun, Jimin, we’re going to have to leave soon, have you packed?” Jimin heard his mom ask as she entered the living room where the two brothers were playing chess with their grandfather. The brother against their grandfather who was a chess legend in this area of Busan. Jihyun looked up at their mother and pouted, “Do we have to go so soon?” he asked.

“You both have school tomorrow so yes.” She answered.

Jihyun sighed and nodded saying he’d pack right after the game and that he promised it wouldn’t take him more than ten minutes.

“What about you Jimin?” She asked.

“I’m packed.” Jimin answered with a small smile and then decided to ask, “How long till we go?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter