Chapter 45

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the walk home, Jimin was mostly silent. Jungkook and Taehyung could sense his mood and they too didn’t talk much, just walked alongside him until it was time to part ways. Taehyung waved goodbye and Jungkook did the same. Jimin passively waved and continued walking, Jungkook quickly following him. It was silent for a little bit but then Jungkook spoke up.

“That was Erica wasn’t it?” Jungkook asked and Jimin only nodded in response.

A couple of seconds passed before Jungkook dared to speak again, “are you going to tell Jihyun?”

“About what? That his crush might be a part of a gang and I don’t think he should associate with her?” Jimin asked.

“Well… yea?” Jungkook responded, unsure.

“He’ll be crushed if I say that to him. Either that or he won’t believe me.”

“Why wouldn't he believe you?”

“Because he really likes her. He hasn’t talked much about her but I’ve seen him taking the initiative to get closer to her. He hangs out at his best friend's place as often as possible, because Erica is Suho’s cousin and currently living with him and his family. He’s trying to get close and I think he might be succeeding seeing as he smiles more often when he comes home from Suho’s. He’s attached already,” Jimin said with a frown as he looked at Jungkook seriously.

Jungkook remained silent as he didn’t know what to say. The two continued silently until they reached Jimin’s house. Jimin bid Jungkook farewell and was about to go when Jungkook took a hold of his wrist and stopped him.

“I don’t know for sure what you should do… but if I were in Jihyun’s situation… I’d still want to know this and I would believe my older brother because I know he only looks out for me. That being said… I don’t think you should say anything until you know for sure what Erica’s relationship with Gale is,” Jungkook advised. Jimin paused to process his words and then nodded. Jungkook let go of his wrist and waved goodbye while saying, “see you tomorrow, don’t forget Namjoon hyung is picking us up early to go to the university.”

* * * *

After thinking about Jungkook’s words all night and the hundreds of possible scenarios of how things would progress if he told Jihyun about Erica and Gale, Jimin had finally concluded he’d wait to say anything. He was being too quick in his assumptions and it was better to give people the benefit of the doubt anyway. He was going to talk with Erica first, he knew where she worked so hopefully he could catch her there and convince her to talk when she was on her work break. Having made that decision he felt a little better and was, therefore, able to reclaim his excitement over going to Seoul University for the day.

He had woken up early and taken his time to get ready. He styled his hair and applied light makeup before searching through his closet and settling on stylish skin-tight black jeans, a white button-up, and a blue sweater. He also put on small earrings and a few rings along with a cross necklace to complete his look. He felt confident with what he’d chosen and looked forward to having a nice day and seeing Taemin. His phone buzzed and he saw the notification from Namjoon saying he was outside. Jimin pocketed his phone and wallet and headed downstairs.

“Morning mom, I’m headed out now,” Jimin said as he passed by the living room where his mom was looking over some medical textbook.

“Bye sweetie, have fun. Oh also that bag over there has breakfast for you and your friends,” Jimin’s mother said as she pointed to the bag.

“Thanks, mom!” Jimin said, grabbing the bag and hurrying over to her to kiss her on the cheek before rushing out the door and towards the black sedan waitin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter