Chapter 36

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was nervous about meeting Taemin again. Despite all the texting they’d done, this was definitely different and more nerve-racking. Jimin was meeting Taemin to go to the movies and they planned to get dinner afterward. It felt so much like a date, and Jimin was almost sure that Taemin intended this to be a date which made it all the more frightening. He didn’t want to mess anything up and wanted the date to go perfectly. Currently, he was debating what he should wear. Something casual? Something y? Should he sacrifice warmth for beauty? Jimin pulled at his hair and groaned, he hadn’t realized meeting his significant other would make him this stressed.

He was half tempted to call Taehyung but then just as he was about too, he always thought better of it. The younger would definitely and question him too much which would only stress Jimin out more. Sighing, Jimin looked at the outfits he’d laid on his bed one more time before deciding to just pick randomly. He picked up a die that he kept on his bedside table and rolled it. The number landed on three, so outfit number three it was, Jimin decided, looking at what fate had chosen for him. The outfit consisted of a soft baby blue button-up along with skin-tight black jeans. He’d be topping the outfit with a thick black winter coat.

Glancing at the time and seeing he had about forty minutes, Jimin quickly changed into the outfit, did his hair, and put on some light makeup. Deeming himself ready, he grabbed his phone and wallet then put on his coat and headed downstairs. He left after telling his grandpa he was going to see a friend and that he’d be home by nine.

Jimin walked to the movie theater which took him twenty minutes. Once he arrived he took off his coat and looked at his watch to see he was ten minutes to spare. He was grateful, that meant he had ten minutes to try and relax, or at least that’s what he thought only to realize Taemin had arrived early as well. He saw the elder walk through the movie theater doors only three minutes after he, himself, had arrived. Taemin spotted Jimin immediately and waved before quickly making his way over to Jimin.

The elder was wearing dark blue jeans and a thick red winter coat which when removed revealed a white button-up. The elder had died his hair it seemed as now he was spouting sandy blonde hair which caught Jimin by surprise because it made Taemin look so much hotter. Jimin could feel his heart begin to race as Taemin came closer and greeted him.

“Glad to see I’m not the only one here who’s early,” Taemin said with a bright smile. Jimin remained speechless, still staring at Taemin.

“Hello? Earth to Jimin?” Taemin continued and waved his hand in front of Jimin’s face which effectively pulled Jimin out of his stupor as he stuttered out a greeting.

“H-hey h-hyung! You c-changed your hair color! It looks g-good!” Jimin said, internally cursing himself for not keeping his voice steady and the stutter.

“Oh, does it? I wasn’t too sure about this color, but if you like it then I guess I picked a good color!” Taemin said winking at Jimin which only caused the younger to blush.

“Well, did you pick a movie you wanted to watch?” Taemin continued as he held out his hand to Jimin who took it after a moment's hesitation. The two began walking towards the ticket counter.

“Um I couldn’t pick between Parasite or The Notebook,” Jimin answered.

“Hmm, well Parasite had great reviews and I think the synopsis was interesting… but since this is a date, I think a romance movie is better for dates, let’s watch The Notebook? We can save Parasite for another time?” Taemin suggested and Jimin just about melted where he stood. This is a date, was all Jimin could think now as he mutely nodded his assent to watching The Notebook. Taemin quickly asked for two tickets and paid before moving them towards the concession stand.

“What would you like? Popcorn is a given but what else? What candy would you like?” Taemin asked.

“I’m ok with anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter