Chapter 33

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin remained in a sort of daze after meeting Taemin. He couldn’t get his mind off the fact he’d finally met the one he was supposed to love for the rest of his life. He’d often dreamed of the moment he’d meet his significant other, imagined a billion sweet little scenarios of how they’d meet, most of them were cliche but Jimin thought cliche was cute so he liked to imagine moments like that happening to him. And the way he had met Taemin was sort of like one of the scenarios he’d imagined though not exactly the same.

“Hyung?” Jungkook called out to Jimin trying to garner the elder’s attention.

“Hmm?” Jimin hummed in response not really paying attention to the younger as he was still caught up in his own thoughts.

“You’re going to walk into that pole,” Jungkook said, his voice devoid of any emotion. The way the younger had said it actually pulled Jimin out of his own head and he looked ahead of him to see, yes he was about to walk into a pole.

“Oh… thanks for warning me Kookie,” Jimin said sidestepping the pole and smiling at Jungkook who just nodded at him, the younger’s lips pressed into a tight line.

“Hey hyung?” Jungkook spoke up again after a few minutes of silence.

“Yes?” Jimin responded glancing beside him to look at the younger.

“Are you ok?”

“Yes.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m perfectly fine Kookie, why do you ask?” Jimin questioned confused.

“Well… you’re not really paying attention to your surroundings or me since you crashed into Taemin… you sure you didn’t hit your head and get a concussion?” Jungkook asked coming to halt in front of Jimin and forcing the elder to also come to a standstill.

“Oh…” Jimin looked up at Jungkook and regarded what the younger had said. He felt bad for making the younger worry and sort of ignoring him, it wasn’t nice of him to do that. Sure, Jimin had met his other half but that didn’t mean he should disregard his friends and so Jimin apologized.

“I’m sorry Jungkook, I guess I just caught up in my own thoughts. Don’t worry though, I didn’t hit my head, and I’m perfectly fine,” Jimin responded with a smile as he reached out for the younger's hand. Taking it into his own he began pulling them forward so they could resume their walk.

Jimin struck up a conversation since he felt bad for basically ignoring the younger after having met Taemin. The two talked and walked hand in hand till they reached their houses ten minutes later. Jimin walked with Jungkook up to the younger’s front door before waving goodbye and making his way to his own house. Once inside, he headed upstairs to his room and plopped down onto his soft bed and sighed, his mind automatically going back to Taemin. He wondered what the other was like? What were the other’s hobbies? Did Taemin like dancing? Was he older than Jimin or younger? Millions of questions started forming inside his mind and he was only pulled out of it when his phone began ringing. Pulling it out of his pocket, Jimin looked at the caller ID before answering.

“Hey Tae, what’s up?” Jimin answered the phone with a smile, wondering why the younger was calling but glad that he did. He was about ready to burst and desperately wanted someone to talk to about Taemin. Since Taehyung was the only one who knew about his secret, he was also the only Jimin could tell about the new string on his chest.

“I’m going to explode!” was Taehyung’s immediate reply.

“What? Why?” Jimin asked equal parts concerned and amused. It was just like Taehyung to say something like that without providing Jimin with any context.

“Hoseok! It’s all Hoseok’s fault!”

“What did Hoseok hyung do?”

“He came over this morning and officially asked me out!”

“Oh wow, what’d you say?”

“Does it matter what I said?! You’re not getting it Jiminie! Hoseok came over and asked me out!”

“Um… yeah, so what did you say?” Jimin repeated not understand why Taehyung was stressing over Hoseok having come over.

“Jimin! Listen to me! He came over this morning. This Saturday morning when everyone is home!” Taehyung said rather loudly with a frustrated tone to his voice.

Jimin paused a moment to try and comprehend what Taehyung was trying to say when it clicked. “Wait… everyone was home? Like your parents to?” Jimin asked.

“You got it. Now you understand why I’m going to explode right?”

“Oh my god… so what happened?! Did your parents overhear him confess or something?!”

“Of course they did! You know how they are when they meet a new friend of mine!”

“Yea, I remember my own vetting process. I was almost sure your parents hated me until your mom hugged me and gave me cake.”

“Jiminie my parents could never hate you, you’re literally their favorite adopted child. I think they might like you more then me sometimes and that’s saying something since I’m their favorite child and al even if that might not be the case at this mo-”

“Your mom literally always says Eunjun is her favorite child,” Jimin interrupts.

“She was lying, of course, now shush, I’ve got a story to tell!”

“Alright, alright; proceed.”

“Ok, so Hoseok and I were forced to stay in the living room cause that’s always a part of the vetting process. And I was literally crying on the inside cause I was so sure my parents were gonna embarrass me or scare Hoseok off but it turns out Hoseok is super charming even with adults, and so my parents were literally swept away by him.”

“That’s good then, they approve of him!”

“Well yea as a friend and it might have been fine if my siblings didn’t barge in at the wrong moment,” Taehyung responded with a groan and Jimin could imagine the other was running his hand down his face at the moment.

“Oh no…”

“Oh no indeed. So my mom had left to make tea and my dad went to help her bring it in a few minutes later and that’s when Hoseok decided to ask me to make things official. And I was super excited you know. Like I thought if Hoseok was going to properly ask me out, it would be during school on Monday, but here he is at my house on a Saturday morning, literally a day after we kissed, eager to make things official.”

“He must really like you,” Jimin interjects.

“Yea, and that’s great cause I like him to. Honestly, I was feeling so happy. Like there’s few guys out there who are that dedicated to their partners I think, and I was just feeling really special at that moment so I decided to kiss him, cause I’m an idiot at times, and of course that’s the moment my siblings decide to walk in with the fruit tray my mom sent them to give us,” Taehyung paused for bre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter