Chapter 8

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: I know this is longgg overdue and I'm sorry!! I had writer's block and couldn't think of any way to continue the story for the life of me, because this story isn't really planned all the way through. Like I have an ending in mind but the details and how I'll get to the ending is still hazy and not worked out...anyway I'm really really sorry! Please forgive me and enjoy this chapter as well as the next (which should be up in a couple of minutes if it isn't already.)

Color Code:

Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)

Dark Red= love between children and parents

Pink= love shared by siblings

Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)

Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate

Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)

Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you

White= unknown

Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)

Orange= unknown

Gray= a relationship that is broken beyond repair

Texture Code:

Hot: extreme anger

Cold: Sadness

-Chapter 8-

It was Saturday, and Jimin was helping his mom cook dinner, something he often did when he found he had nothing better to do or wanted to talk with his mom. Today just happened to be a day he had nothing better to do. His younger brother was out with his friends and his dad was at work. Jimin had called his other friends but they were all busy. Jin and Namjoon were out on a date. Hoseok was at a family gathering. Taehyung had plans with his other friends and invited Jimin but Jimin didn’t feel like going since he wasn’t close to Taehyung’s other friends. Jungkook hadn’t answered his phone. And Yoongi...well he hadn’t answered his phone either, which didn’t surprise Jimin. He was still unsure what to do about the elder, but Jin had told them to leave Yoongi alone, and that he’d try to talk to him on Monday. Jimin hoped Yoongi would open up to Jin, after all, they were connected by the dark blue string so if anyone had a chance at getting Yoongi to open up right now it would be Jin.

“Jimin are you done cutting those vegetables?” Jimin’s mother asked.

“Yea mom, do you want me to put them in the pot?” Jimin replied already heading towards the pot.

“Yes please.” She answered as she finished putting the final touches on the pie she’d baked. Jimin placed the vegetables into the pot and stirred before putting the lid over the pot. Then he checked on the fish baking in the oven. As he closed the oven the doorbell rang.

“I wonder who that could be...Jihyun shouldn’t be back yet.” Jimin’s mom said looking up at the clock.

“I’ll go see who it is,” Jimin said but was stopped by his mom.

“No, I’ll get it, please stir the pot for me.” She said wiping her hands and making her way out of the kitchen. Jimin did as he was told and stirred the pot again, he lowered the heat to prevent the food from burning and added a bit of water to the pot.

“Jimin, Jungkook is here.” His mother called to him as she came back to the kitchen. Jimin looked up from the pot surprised. Sure enough, following his mother into the kitchen was Jungkook who gave him a shy smile.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin blurted out without thinking his words through.

“You don’t want me here hyung? That makes me sad.” Jungkook responded with a pout pretending to be really hurt.

“That was a mean thing to say Jimin. I thought I raised you better than this.” Jimin’s mom said at the same time shaking her head.

“No! That’s not what I meant! I-” Jimin began to explain himself only for Jungkook to start laughing.

“I was kidding hyung, I know what you meant. I was at the doctor for a checkup when you called, and instead of calling back I thought I’d I just stop by to see if you wanted to hang out?” Jungkook said through his laughter and Jimin rolled his eyes, a little anno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter