Chapter 10

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Color Code:

Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)

Dark Red= love between children and parents

Pink= love shared by siblings

Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)

Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate

Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)

Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you

White= unknown

Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)

Orange= unknown

Gray= a relationship that is broken beyond repair

 

Texture Code:

Hot: extreme anger

Cold: Sadness

-Chapter 10-

Jimin worked on his homework while anxiously awaiting his mother’s visit and explanation. He had almost a million theories on what could have happened with the top contenders being, his dad lost his job, something happened to Jihyun, or something happened to his grandparents. Jimin was pretty sure that it wasn’t about Jihyun or else his mom would have immediately told him about it. Jimin was also pretty certain that whatever happened probably involved his grandparents, but the question was what? Did his grandfather or grandmother pass away? Jimin didn’t want to think that was the case as both his grandparents were still rather young considering they had Jimin’s father when they were sixteen (yes his father was not a planned child but they owned up to their mistake and raised him wonderfully). Jimin sincerely hoped nothing had happened to them and whatever his dad was crying about wasn’t too serious (but of course he knew it was).

The coldness Jimin had been feeling earlier was still there and so he kept wearing his sweater, but now he understood it wasn’t necessarily his body that was cold, it was the string connecting his dad and him. The string was as cold as ice when Jimin touched it. Which is also why he knew something was terribly wrong. About an hour had passed before Jimin’s mom came upstairs to talk to him. Jimin had finished half his homework by that time since he’d attempted to distract himself with it. Jimin quickly put his homework to the side and sat down next to his mom who came in and sat on his bed.

“Are you going to tell me why dad was crying now?” Jimin asked as soon as he was sitting next to her. His mother sighed and nodded, motioning for him to come closer so she could hug him. Jimin did as his mother wanted and scooted closer. His mom wrapped her arms around his shoulders and his hair as she began speaking.

“Your grandfather called your father this afternoon with some terrible news...they were involved in a car accident.” Jimin’s mother said.

“Oh, no...what happened? Are they gonna be ok?” Jimin asked worried as he pulled away to look at his mother with wide eyes.

“You’re grandpa is but he has a broken arm as well as a dislocated hip...but your grandma...well she suffered a head injury. Her skull was cracked when they X-rayed it at the hospital…” Jimin’s mother answered.

“...Is she gonna live?” Jimin asked tears starting to form in his eyes at the thought she wouldn’t make it.

“...The doctors did the best they could to remove the blood and seal the wound but...well now she’s sort of in a coma.” Jimin’s mother answered her own eyes tearing up again as she told Jimin what happened.

“...Did they say when she should be waking up?”

“No one knows...they are hoping it will be within a few days but they said it might take longer...or that she might never wake up.”

“Poor grandma and grandpa...how did the car accident happen?”

“It was a really bad crash involving more than just them actually. It’s probably going to be on the news tonight… but your grandfather basically said that the crash happened at the intersection across from the ice cream shop near your grandparent's house. The traffic light had just turned green and so your grandfather pressed on the gas pedal to go but the next thing he knew there was a l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter