Chapter 22

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Jimin honey, your birthday is coming up soon. Is there anything, in particular, you’d like or want to do?” Jimin’s mother asked as she came into Jimin’s room. Jimin had just gotten back from Jungkook’s house an hour ago and was working on ideas for their school’s dance festival though that was months away.

 “Um, not really… Maybe just a small party with some friends?” Jimin requested and his mother nodded. 

“We can do that. Since it’s on Saturday, let’s just do it then. Invite whoever you’d like but give me an estimate about how many people I should prepare food for,” his mom instructed and Jimin hummed in acknowledgment. 

He already knew exactly who he was going to invite. It would be his close friends and he'd also let Jihyun invite a couple of his friends so his younger brother wouldn't be surrounded by only Jimin's friends. So if everyone attended at most there would be eight people invited, though Jimin wasn't sure if Yoongi would be willing to come. 

After he had some decent ideas down, Jimin decided to play on his phone until dinnertime. But as he was playing he got a text message from Taehyung. He opened his messenger app and looked at the text, his eyes widening in alarm as he quickly responded. 

Taehyung had asked to come over and had mentioned something happening with Yoongi. What really alarmed Jimin was the way Taehyung had written the text, it made it seem like the younger was crying while typing. So Jimin texted back saying, of course, he could come over to which Taehyung responded with a thank you and affirmation that he was on his way. 

Jimin got off his bed and went downstairs to procure snacks that usually helped Taehyung cheer up. He also warned his mom that Taehyung was coming over and was probably upset over something. She hummed in acknowledgment and told Jimin she'd bring them dinner to his room. Taehyung had been over plenty of times while he was down so they both kind of knew how to deal with a sad or devastated Taehyung, which the younger really appreciated. 

It was the same for Jimin at Taehyung's house, though if they were to keep count, Jimin hadn't been over while upset at Taehyung's house as much. Still, the two boys were grateful to have one another when they needed someone to comfort them. 

Taehyung showed up approximately ten minutes after the texts between them. When Jimin opened the door he saw the youngers tear-filled eyes which were red and his heart immediately clenched in worry. Jimin pulled Taehyung inside and up the stairs to his room. As soon as Jimin closed the door, Taehyung broke down sobbing while clinging to Jimin's side. Jimin maneuvered them onto his bed and ran his fingers through Taehyung's hair in an effort to comfort the other. He stayed quiet and just let Taehyung know he was there with his body. The younger cried for a long time before he started to calm down and just sniff. Jimin waited patiently as always, aware that Taehyung needed time to just cry before he would talk to anyone.

As they stayed cuddled together, Jimin’s mom knocked on the door before opening it. Taehyung buried his tear-stained face into Jimin’s chest as to avoid Jimin’s mother seeing, though she had seen him cry plenty of times. Jimin’s mom entered the room with a tray of food for the two males, and when she saw the two on Jimin’s bed, Taehyung avoiding looking at her, she got the message to leave them be. She placed the tray on Jimin’s study table and gave her son a meaningful look. Jimin gave her a small smile and nodded, indicating he had it under control. Satisfied with the answer, she retreated out the door and closed it softly behind her. Once she was gone, Taehyung let out a breath of air against Jimin’s chest. He seemed much calmer now. 

“Thanks for always being here for me, Jimin,” Taehyung whispered as he hugged Jimin tightly.

“Of course. You don’t need to thank me for that Tae. You know you mean the world to me and I’m always here for you no matter what,” Jimin responded softly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter