Chapter 29

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: Sorry this chapter is a little dull, next one should be more entertaining

 

“So the competition is right around the corner, which means we’ve got to get serious now. As such, today I want those participating in the group competitions to get with your teammates and practice. I’ll be calling each group up one by one to see what you’ve come up with. For those who aren’t doing group, practice your solo routines. Also, if you haven’t come up with a group name yet, I’ll be making one for you if you don’t have one by the time I call you up. Now let’s begin with Lisa, Somin, and Momo,” Mrs. Lee instructed.

The three girls stood up and went to the front, while the rest of the students broke off into their groups to practice until they were called. Jimin pulled Jungkook and Hoseok with him towards the back mirrors, which was his favorite place to practice.

“You guys remember the whole routine?” Jimin asked.

“I do,” Jungkook said nodding.

“Yea, but I kind of thought of something last night that we could add to the end, so if you guys want to see it…?” Hoseok voiced out a little apprehensive.

“Show us!” Jimin said excitedly. He really thought Hoseok was a great dancer, and the elder was also very creative.

Hoseok smiled and nodded before he stood still and closed his eyes. A moment later he began moving, he repeated the last bit to the routine they'd made and then added in new moves. Jungkook and Jimin watched closely, intent on learning the amazing moves Hoseok was doing. A minute later Hoseok struck a cool pose that indicated he was finished. Jimin and Jungkook clapped, impressed.

“That looked amazing, hyung!” Jungkook said and Jimin nodded in agreement.

“We should definitely add that!” Jimin agreed and then demanded the elder teach them, which Hoseok easily complied with.

The trio worked on the routine until they were called up by Mrs. Lee. Jungkook and Jimin were still shaky on the steps so they informed Mrs. Lee that Hoseok would be adding more to the routine and then began dancing. They tried to keep in sync but they hadn’t exactly practiced enough to do that, and Mrs. Lee was aware of that. All the groups had only finished making their routines either last class or a few days before that. So none of them had much time to perfect it, and so Mrs. Lee wasn’t looking for perfection but rather weak points in the dance itself.

When they finished, Mrs. Lee hummed and squinted her eyes at them before clapping her hands together and saying, “Ok, it looks nice, but I suggest that little number of moves in the middle where you went like this—” she got up and demonstrated the part she was talking about, “—move that more towards the front after the first spin you guys do. Also, the ending that Hoseok performed was amazing and it gave me an idea. Since you guys have chosen three different songs to perform a small number to, maybe one of you could do a little solo thing for each one. Say for example in the first song, Jungkook does a little solo portion than in the second song either Jimin or Hoseok could do another little solo, and so on. It would really earn you points for individual style.”

Jimin nodded liking the idea. “I think we can do that,” he said and looked at his group mates who nodded also liking the idea.

“Good. And one more thing: it would be more impressive if you’d add some flips to the routine, I saw ample amount of places that were perfect to add to. But of course that is up to you, it's still a good routine without any.”

“What kind of flips are you thinking we should do?” Hoseok asked curiously.

“I think it would look nice if you were to do an aerial spin type of thing. Honestly, anything would work, just try some things out today. If it works out then great if not then stick to the previous two things I mentioned and you should be good to go. Now before I release you to practice, have you come up with a name for your group?” Mrs. Lee asked.

All three boys looked at one another before shaking their heads. They’d all tried but none of the names they’d come up with had felt right for some reason.

“Then I’m assigning you a name… let me see…” Mrs. Lee tapped her pencil against her chin in thought for a moment. Then a sudden thought came to her and her eyes brightened.

“Hoseok you mentioned before that you have a stage name you like using, it was J-hope right?” Mrs. Lee asked and Hoseok nodded.

“Perfect! Your group name will be 3-J in reference to your names. Jimin, Jungkook, and J-hope!” Mrs. Lee exclaimed writing down the name on her paper. The trio looked at one another but didn’t protest the name.

“Ok, that’s all now run along and begin practicing. I’ll be checking your progress again in the coming weeks and I’ll expect more synchronization then,” Mrs. Lee said and motioned for them to go back as she called up the next group. Jimin knew Mrs. Lee would have loved to give them more ideas and help them come up with an even better routine, but she had to get a baseline assessment on all the groups today so she didn’t really have the time.

The trio went back to their spot and began talking over the things Mrs. Lee had suggested. They began to perfect their routine and by the end of their club activity time, they were satisfied with their new routine and ready to just practice it until they had it down to the tee.

“Should we meet up outside of club activities to practice?” Hoseok asked as he gathered his things and got ready to go.

“Yea, I think we should at least a few times,” Jimin said.

“We definitely should but maybe closer to the competition. We don’t want to overwork ourselves now,” Jungkook said.

“That’s true. We should get an idea in the coming weeks of how much more we’d need to practice to be perfect for the competition. It’s two months away now right?” Hoseok asked.

“Yea, today’s the 12th of November, and the competition is exactly two months away now,” Jimin proclaimed.

“That should be enough time, we’ll adjust how much we practice in a month then, for now, we’ll just practice during class time?” Hoseok suggested and the two younger males nodded.

“Alright, that sounds good,” Jungkook agreed.

“Ok. Glad that’s settled. But you two are doing the duet one too right? Do you want to use class time for that as well?” Hoseok questioned.

“Hmm, I think it’s better we use the class time for the group one and Jungkook and I work on the duet on our own time. That’s how our club h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter