Chapter 27

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin woke up at seven-thirty the next morning thanks to his alarm. He yawned as he sat up and stretched. He wondered why he was up so early when it wasn’t a school day and then remembered he was going to the amusement park with Jungkook. Remembering that caused him to energetically get out of bed and head towards his bathroom to brush his teeth and change.

It took him approximately twenty minutes to finish his morning routine. As he went downstairs he debated whether or not to eat breakfast. He had ten minutes, but he didn't want to make any noises in the kitchen and end up waking his parents. So he forwent breakfast, deciding he'd get something at the amusement park. Slipping on his shoes, Jimin opened the front door and stepped outside. He closed and locked it behind him and then starts the short journey to Jungkook's house. He rang the doorbell and a few seconds later it opened and Junghyun stood in front of him.

“Oh, hey, there, Jimin-ah. Good morning,” Junghyun greeted with a smile.

“Morning!” Jimin responded with a smile of his own.

“You’re here for the date with Kookie I take it?”

“Did he call it a date?”

“Not really, but just between you and me, I think he’s sweet on you,” Junghyun answered with a wink and Jimin laughed shaking his head.

“I think you’re mistaken. We’re just friends,” Jimin assured the other.

“For now~,” Junghyun said in a sing-songy voice as he ushered Jimin inside. “Have you had breakfast?”

“Uh, no, but I thought I’d just eat something at the amusement park,” Jimin responded.

“No, no, that won’t do! Join us for breakfast, then. Jungkook’s about done but he’ll wait for you no doubt,” Junghyun said as he lead Jimin into the kitchen.

“Kookie! Jimin’s here!” Junghyun shouted as they entered the kitchen.

“Hi hyung!” Jungkook said as he turned to face Jimin. Jimin smiled at him and waved.

“Hi, Jimin-ah, it’s nice to see you again,” Jungkook’s mom, Mrs. Jeon, said from beside Jungkook.

“Nice to see you again too ma’am,” Jimin responded as Junghyun pulled out a chair and motioned for Jimin to take a seat which he did.

“Mom, Jimin hasn’t eaten yet,” Junghyun informed his mom.

“Ah, then you should eat. We have plenty of pancakes as you can see. Here let me grab you a plate,” Mrs. Jeon said as she rose from her seat to get Jimin a plate.

“Thank you,” Jimin said politely when she returned and gave him a plate.

“You’re welcome. You two take your time to eat, and Jungkook don’t worry about the plates; your brother will take care of them. I’ll be in the living room when you’re ready,” Mrs. Jeon told them as she excused herself to the living room ignoring Junghyun’s protest about doing the dishes.

“You’re lucky you have a date or I’d make you do the dishes anyway,” Junghyun said petulantly at Jungkook as he began eating again. Jungkook giggled, thanking his brother whilst also denying their outing as a date. Jimin giggled as the two brothers continued to bicker over things. As soon as Jimin finished eating, Jungkook grabbed a hold of his hand and pulled him along towards the living room to call his mom.

“You two excited?” Mrs. Jeon asked as they got settled in the car.

“I know I am since I love amusement parks,” Jimin said smiling excitedly.

“I am too. It’s been a while since I last went there,” Jungkook said and his mom nodded saying the last time they’d gone was probably three years ago.

After at least an hour of driving, hey arrived at the amusement park. Jungkook’s mom dropped them off at the gate and stated she’d be back to pick them up at six but told them to call her if they wanted to leave earlier or if something happened. Promising they’d do that, the two males went up to the gates and presented their tickets which were scanned and then they were let in.

“What ride should we go on first?” Jungkook asked as he grabbed one of the maps by the entrance and opened it up to look at all the rides around the amusement park.

“Hmm I’m not sure,” Jimin responded.

“Do you like going on the max thrill rides?”

“Do you?”

“Yea. I love them... Maybe we should start with one of the max thrill rides first?”

“Um… I think I’d like to start with the milder rides since it’s early. I don’t want to end up throwing my breakfast up from too much spinning.”

“Is that so? Or maybe you’re scared of them?” Jungkook asked raising an eyebrow.

“I’m not scared!” Jimin denied immediately.

“Hmm hmm, then let’s go on a thrill ride first.”

“But most of them are roller coasters and they spin so much and go upside down and we just ate.”

“Yea, like an hour ago. That should have been enough time to digest some food… If you admit your scared I won’t force you on a thrill ride.”

“But I’m not scared, I really just don’t want to end up throwing up,” Jimin insisted but could tell by the look on the younger’s face, he didn’t believe Jimin. Sighing Jimin relented, “Fine let’s go on a thrill ride. If I throw up though, you’re buying me cotton candy to make up for it.”

“Sure thing hyung,” Jungkook said smirking in victory. Jimin pouted slightly as he followed the younger towards whatever ride he’d chosen.

Since the park had only opened about twenty minutes ago, it wasn’t very crowded and so the lines weren’t long. The two ended up only waiting a couple of minutes before they were on the ride. Jungkook had chosen one of the roller coasters, one that went really fast, had lots of twists and turns and went upside down at one point. Jimin gulped as he got in. While he wasn’t really scared, he was nervous since it had been at least a couple of years since he’d been on any roller coasters.

“You ok, Jimin hyung?” Jungkook asked from beside him. Jimin hummed to indicate he was.

“If you want to hold my hand you can, it might help if you’re scared,” Jungkook offered and Jimin gave him a pointed look.

“For the last time, I’m not scared!” Jimin said just as they announced the ride would start and not even four seconds later they were moving. The lurch forward surprised Jimin and he let out a little squeak as they began to ascend uphill. Jimin's hands were clinging to the safety bar set across his lap tightly as he felt his stomach coil in anticipation.

As the ride reached the top, it came to a stop right before the drop. Jimin took in a sharp intake of breath, eyes wide as he took in how high up they were. Just before the roller coaster went plummeting down, Jimin felt Jungkook’s hand clutch onto his own. But Jimin didn't get a chance to look or question the younger as they were already moving and Jimin felt a scream rise up in his throat. Not from fear but from a sudden rush of adrenaline and excitement. The ride only lasted a minute and when it was over Jimin wanted to go again having resized he missed the thrill these rides tended to bring.

“That was so fun! Let's go again!” Jimin exclaimed as the two of them for off the ride.

Jungkook chucked from behind Jimin and shook his head. “And here I thought you were too scared and would puke after the ride was over.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter