Chapter 1

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-Chapter 1-

“Jimin! It’s time for school!” Jimin heard his mother call from outside his room as he woke up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He looked at the clock on his bedside table and groaned. He wished it wasn’t already time to get up, he wanted to sleep! Why did school have to start so early in the day?! Jimin sighed into his pillow before pushing himself off the bed and heading towards the bathroom. He got ready for school, taking his time since he wasn’t running late quite yet.

Once he was done, he glanced at himself in the full-length mirror that hung on the door to access how he looked. He was wearing a white button up shirt with an oversized light blue jacket over it and black skin-tight ripped jeans. He also had on silver cross earrings along with a few rings adorning his fingers which peaked out from the sleeves of his jacket, creating sweater paws. His dark brown hair was styled and made him look much younger than he really was. He wondered if he should wear his black thick-rimmed glasses but decided against it. He grabbed his backpack from the floor and looked at himself one last time before opening the door. He then made his way downstairs and into the kitchen where his mother was placing a plate down for his breakfast.

“Thank you, mom,” Jimin said to her as he slid into his seat and began eating the pancakes she’d prepared for him. He saw he smile at him before going back to the stove to grab the other plates she’d prepared for herself, Jimin’s younger brother, and Jimin’s father who just walked into the kitchen.

“Where’s Jihyun?” She asked Jimin’s father who shrugged and then called for their youngest son. Moments later Jihyun came downstairs and also took his seat at the table. Jimin watched the conversation between his family unfold with a smile. He loved spending his morning like this. He watched the strings glisten and grow strong between them. He had learned over the years that he was the only one who could see them. These string which he’d termed ‘strings of fate’. Everyone had them, and it connected them to others who would end up being important to their lives in some way.

Through years of observation, he had learned that the bright red strings that connected one heart to another represented love for a significant other, like the one that shone between his parents. However, the darker red string that connected his parent's hearts to his and Jihyun’s hearts represented a different type of love. It was the type of love one felt for their children and parents. And the pink string that connected his heart to his brothers represented the love shared by siblings.

“You two better hurry or you’ll be late.” Jimin’s father spoke up as he looked at the clock. Jimin turned to check the time as well and then began to eat at a faster rate, as did his younger brother. They finished shortly after and bid their parents farewell and headed towards the front door. Jimin pulled on a pair of white and black converse to complete his look and then opened the door. He and his brother began their ten-minute walk to school happily chatting with one another.

As they neared their school the two siblings went their separate ways as they were in different grade levels. Jimin walked into his classroom which was still relatively empty even though classes would start in five minutes. He sat down in his seat and pulled out his textbook and pens to take notes with. After that he just waited for the teacher to arrive, taking in his classmates and all the strings surrounding him.

Many of the strings between his classmates were blue which indicated friendship. However if the string was attached between their pinkies it meant a superficial friendship, one where you were comfortable with the other but had no real connection with one another. Blue strin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter