Chapter 32

Strings of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~A/N: So this is later than I usually post, but its still the 30th so I'm not apologizing :P Alsoooo don't hate me at the end of this chapter please ;^.^ 

Color Code:
-Bright Red= love for a significant other (it shines when they officially get together in some way whether it be dating or marriage)
-Dark Red= love between children and parents
-Pink= love shared by siblings
-Blue= Friendship (pinkies=superficial; wrist=meaningful; heart's= deepest level of friendship)
-Dark Blue= Platonic soulmate
-Purple= distaste (side=slight; shoulder=avoid as much as possible; heart=hate)
-Yellow= Respect that is earned for going above and beyond what one expected from you
-White= unknown
-Green= unknown (but is related to intelligence in some way)
-Orange= unknown
-Gray= a relationship that is broken beyond repair
-Black= dying
-Black Bow= The person who would have been on the other end is dead
-Salmon: love between relatives (grandparents and grandchildren or aunt/uncles to nieces/nephews)

Texture Code:
-Hot: extreme anger
-Cold: Sadness

 

"Hyunggg!" Jihyun whine to his older brother who'd taken to ignoring him for the past couple of days, ever since the camera incident. "I'm really sorry hyung, you know I didn't mean to break your camera or get you grounded," Jihyun persisted trying to get Jimin to look at him, but the older remained impassive and focused on his homework.

Jihyun sighed as he clutched onto one of Jimin's pillow and continued to pout at the elder, hoping to gain Jimin's sympathy. But it didn't seem to work as Jimin continued to ignore him and even went as far as to place his earbuds into his ear. Jihyun frowned when he saw his older brother do that but he supposed he deserved the silent treatment, he could endure for a few more days if he had to, but he really would prefer not to. He missed being able to talk to Jimin, the elder might be his brother but Jimin would act more like a friend when Jihyun needed him. Honestly, Jihyun was happy Jimin was his brother, he'd never trade his hyung for anyone else, no matter who they were. Sighing yet again, the younger pulled out his phone and checked his social media.

Jimin sneaked a glance towards Jihyun when the younger finally looked away from him. In all honesty, Jimin wasn't sure why he was still ignoring the younger. Jimin had already forgiven Jihyun and he also figured two days of ignoring his brother was punishment enough, yet he still continued to do it. It was already the third day and really he should have already started talking with the younger again but he just didn't want to quite yet. Jimin observed Jihyun for a moment and noticed the slouched posture the other was in. He also noticed how the other's lips were slightly downturned and the hint of tiredness in Jihyun's eyes. He knew those two things to be signs that something wasn't quite right. Jihyun was stressing over something or someone. Jimin wondered if it was him who caused his brother to stress. He didn't want to do that at all and so Jimin let the strings come into view with the intention of soothing his brother by rubbing the string connecting them together.

However, once he was looking at the strings he gasped at the sudden appearance of a new string. A bright red one to be exact. Hearing Jimin gasp, Jihyun looked away from his phone and up at his elder brother in confusion.

"What? What is it hyung?" Jihyun asked noticing the look of bewilderment on his brother's face. Jimin looked away from Jihyun's chest and to his face as he blurted out "You have a crush?!"

Jihyun's cheeks reddened as his eyes widened and the younger gaped up at Jimin at a loss for words. Jihyun knew his brother was perceptive since the elder had always guessed when Jihyun was happy, sad, anxious, etc. But that didn't mean that the elder would be able to know when he had a crush so the sudden question caught Jihyun completely off guard.

"Well?" Jimin persisted suddenly smiling at Jihyun. Jimin took out his earbuds and set them aside before climbing onto his bed and sitting next to Jihyun, all ears and waiting to hear about his brother's new found crush.

"Uh... I... h-how the heck to do y-you know I have a c-crush?!" Jihyun finally managed to stutter out, his cheeks inflamed as he tried to hide his face behind his hands. Jimin giggled before shaking his head, "it doesn't matter! Just tell me about her or him! Are they cute? When did you meet them? Where did you meet them? What's their name?!" Jimin asked curiously, intent on finding out who his little brother had a crush on.

"I... w-well um... she's a s-sophomore like y-you but she d-doesn't go to our s-school yet," Jihyun started off and took a deep breath to steady himself before continuing. "I met her when she came to pick Kito up from school... turns out she's his cousin and she's going to be transferring to our school soon cause she just moved to Seoul about two weeks ago..."

"What's her name?" Jimin asked smiling as he saw Jihyun smiling softly at the thought of this girl he'd suddenly developed a crush on.

"Erica, she came here from America," Jihyun answered.

"I see, so she's cute I'm assuming?" Jimin questioned.

"Yea... she's really cute and pretty. She's got long toffee-colored hair which she keeps in a ponytail. She's got the most expressive almond colored eyes I've ever seen, and her skin looks so soft and is sort of got this golden tan going on. And when I saw her she had these small white floral pins in her hair which made her look so pretty. She's got this structured face too and the nicest lips I've ever seen," Jihyun explained with a dreamy look to his eyes.

Jimin chuckled softly, happy his brother had found the person that was destined for him. "She sounds pretty indeed. Did you talk to her, get her number maybe?"

"Of course not!" Jihyun replied shaking his head with a shocked and embarrassed look on his face. "I don't have the guts to talk to someone as pretty as her!"

"Why not?!" Jimin asked genuinely surprised. Jihyun was assertive in his own way and didn't shy away from people he thought they were nice.

"Cause!"

"Cause what?"

"Just because!"

"Jihyun... that's not really a reason."

"Because... because I don't know... I got too nervous... Kito introduced us to each other and she said hi but wouldn't look me in the eye. She avoided looking at me and was kinda tense. She hardly said anything as Kito continued to talk and then in the middle of Kito's sentence, she cut him off saying they had to go. And so she left with Kito without another word. She didn't want to shake hands either when I attempted to do so after we initially met. She made sure to keep her distance from me too. She was sorta intimidating I guess."

"Hmm... intimidating? That's surprising considering how you described her looks."

"Well... intimidating isn't the right word um... I don't know... I think she's just not comfortable around me."

"Well, you two did just meet," Jimin pointed out.

"Yea but it's not that type of uncomfortable of meeting a stranger... it was more like um... how do I explain it... like she didn't like the thought of being near me."

"You two just met how do you know that?"

"It's... it's just the feeling I got from her. It felt like she didn't want to get close. She was the same to Suho too. And even with Kito, she kept her distance from him, and he's her cousin... so she might be like that with everyone?... Like she has the aura that screams don't get close to me," Jihyun ventured to guess with a shrug of his shoulders.

Jimin shook his head and patted Jihyun's shoulder. "Well, you've got to try and befriend her. Let her get comfortable with you."

"I don't know hyung... I don't know how to approach her," Jihyun confessed with a sigh.

"Tell her up front you'd like to be friends and be kind to her. Treat her like you would any of your other friends for now I guess? At least until she's comfortable with you then maybe you could start flirting with her once in a while to show you're interested?" Jimin suggested.

"I guess I can try to do that," Jihyun agreed with a shrug and rested his chin against the pillow he was still holding.

"Good, you better bring her around sometime so that we can all meet her," Jimin said and Jihyun laughed saying he would as soon as she was comfortable around him.

"So you're talking to me again hyung? You're not mad anymore?" Jihyun asked after a moment of silence. Jimin shrugged and nodded.

"Yay! So how did you know I had a crush?" Jihyun asked and Jimin laughed again saying he just knew to which Jihyun whined asking for a real answer. The two continued to banter for a while more before being called downstairs for dinner.

* * * *

It was Saturday morning and Jimin was waiting for Jungkook to show up while playing on his phone. It was about five minutes until eight and he'd been outside for over ten minutes already. Jimin half wondered why he'd gotten ready so early since it was cold out and he wasn't exactly wearing the warmest of clothing. Yet he was feeling too lazy to go back inside and change since he wasn't really freezing either. Thankfully before he could get any colder he heard Jungkook call out to him from across the yard. He looked up to see the younger was at the front gate waving at him.

"Morning hyung!" Jungkook said as Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter