December 9th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

The next morning, when Kyuhyun entered the dining room for breakfast, an idea popped into existence in his mind. For some reason, he really wanted to become friends with Ryeowook. It came as a sudden, unexpected thought, and he didn't know why it was there. To Kyuhyun, Ryeowook should just have been like the 3 other kitchen assistants in the house over the past 5 years that he had lived there. But for some reason, unknown to Kyuhyun, he wanted to become friends with him.

So when Kyuhyun heard the light footsteps again, he looked over at the door. Ryeowook entered the room, and like any other day, he quietly placed the plate in front of Kyuhyun, before turning and walking towards the door again. 
"Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asked. Ryeowook stopped in his tracks and turned around. 
"Yes, sir?" He asked. 
"If we're going to be friends, you have to drop the 'sir'. Also, we're eating lunch together today, to get to know each other." Kyuhyun said. He didn't even ask, which baffled Ryeowook to say the least.
"How can I be comfortable around someone who calls me a friend and still bosses me around?" Ryeowook asked.
"Well, is that a yes or a no to lunch?" Kyuhyun asked.
"Not today, unfortunately. I actually have a job to do." Ryeowook said. It wasn't because he couldn't get a day off, but he didn't want to eat dinner with his employer, and especially not when he ordered him around like he did.
"Just take a day off." Kyuhyun said.
"NO. I DON'T WANT TO EAT LUNCH WITH YOU. BECAUSE YOU'RE SELFISH, ARROGANT AND SPOILED. IF YOU WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH SOMEONE, ASK, INSTEAD OF ORDERING" Ryeowook exploded. A second later, he realized that he had just shouted at his employer, and would now likely get fired. He muttered a quick 'sorry', before rushing out of the door. 

Kyuhyun just stood there, taking in the words. Was he selfish? Should he have asked? Was he too straightforward? He came to the conclusion that 'yes' was the correct answer for all three questions. 

When Kyuhyun walked to his room later that day, still pondering the questions. When he walked by Ryeowook's room, he swear he heard quiet sniffles from the room. But he didn't investigate any further. 

At dinner that evening, Kyuhyun waited for a chance to apologize. And that wasn't something he did very often. But he never heard the small, light footsteps. Instead, these footsteps were louder and heavier. And soon, the cook emerged with the food. 
"Where's Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asked.
"He asked for a day off. Personal reasons." The cook said, leaving the room. Now Kyuhyun had this annoying feeling in his mind again. And this time, his chest also felt weird. Like something was clawing around in there. It wasn't pleasant.

That night, Kyuhyun couldn't sleep at all.

-------
An: this chapter is kinda bad. I almost didn't get anything up today, because I was so exhausted from the week. But then I thought about all my subscribers, and I didn't want to let them down. So here's a chapter. Please subscribe, upvote and comment❤️