December 22nd

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

"Have you thought about not working anymore?" Kyuhyun asked. Ryeowook had just brought his food from the kitchen. Ryeowook just looked at him is confusion. 
"What do you mean?" Ryeowook asked. 
"Have you thought about not working here? I mean, it must be annoying seeing me sitting here while you have to work. Wouldn't you rather be able to sit here and talk with me instead of doing the dishes in the kitchen?" Kyuhyun asked.
"I should earn my own money." Ryeowook stated.
"But I could provide for you. You would never have to want anything again." Kyuhyun said. 
"It's nice of you Kyu, but it's nice knowing that you can provide for yourself." Ryeowook's said. Kyuhyun didn't look entirely ready to drop the subject. 
"But I want to spend more time with you. Why bother working if you can just relax?" Kyuhyun asked. He didn't understand why Ryeowook wouldn't let him take care of him. Kyuhyun was LOADED with millions of dollars. He could easily provide for both of them for the rest of their lives. Why wouldn't Ryeowook listen to him and take up the offer of having every day off. 
"I would get bored if I had to just lay around all day waiting for you to get home from work. What would I do with all that spare time? It's nice to have something to do while you're at the office." Ryeowook said. Not in the mood to argue more about the subject, Ryeowook simply turned around and left, leaving Kyuhyun with an unfinished argument. 

That evening, Kyuhyun was sitting down for dinner. When Ryeowook walked in with his food, Kyuhyun looked at him. 
"Sit down please. And have some food." Kyuhyun said. Ryeowook looked at him suspiciously, but complied nonetheless. 
"What are you up to?" Ryeowook asked, leaning slightly towards his boyfriend.
"What? Can't I just invite my amazing boyfriend to have dinner with me once in a while?" Kyuhyun asked, feigning being offended. 
"You're definitely up to something." Ryeowook said, smiling, knowing that whatever Kyuhyun was doing, wasn't too bad. 
"It's it nice, sitting here, talking and eating?" Kyuhyun asked. Something in Ryeowook's mind fell into place. 
"Is this about me working again?" Ryeowook asked. 
"What? No, I just want to treat you to a delicious dinner." Kyuhyun said. But Ryeowook had already learned to read him like a book, and knew that he was being untruthful. 
"I not going to stop working Kyu." Ryeowook said. 
"Okay fine. If you want to keep working, you're welcome to. But I'm going to raise your salary, whether you like it or not." Kyuhyun said defiantly. He wasn't about to let Ryeowook get everything his way. 

After dinner, Ryeowook took Kyuhyun's hand. 
"Close your eyes." He said. Kyuhyun seemed surprised, but complied anyway, closing his eyes. 
"Don't peek, okay?" Ryeowook said, pulling Kyuhyun down the corridors. Kyuhyun was utterly curious, and tempted to open his eyes. But he resisted. 

A few minutes later, Ryeowook stopped pulling at him. 
"Okay, open your eyes." Ryeowook said. Kyuhyun opened his eyes, finding himself in front of a large door. It took him a few seconds to realize that he was standing in front of Ryeowook's room. 
"What are we doing here?" Kyuhyun asked. He looked curiously at Ryeowook.
"I want you to stay here for tonight." Ryeowook said, looking down onto the floor in embarrassment.
"Are you inviting me to..." Kyuhyun began. 
"No. No, that's absolutely not what I meant. I want you to sleep here tonight. Nothing more, nothing less." Ryeowook insisted.
"Okay then. If you insist, I guess I could stay here for tonight." Kyuhyun said teasingly, pretending to think hard about it. Ryeowook just sighed and pulled him into the empty room. 

That night, the two of them fell asleep, with Ryeowook's head on Kyuhyun's (clothed) chest, and Kyuhyun's arms wrapped around the smaller male. And for now, they felt complete. Not perfect, but complete.
-------------------
An: I think I'm going to get a cavity before Christmas from writing this story. It's almost sickeningly sweet, but I can't stop writing it. Please subscribe, comment and vote, thank you❤️