December 8th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

When Kyuhyun sat down for lunch the next day, he was once again met with the light footsteps. He was actually not that scared of them more. He had kind of grown used to them now, and now, they felt like they belonged in the house. Kyuhyun almost didn't notice when a plate was placed in front of him. And then a thought came to mind. 
"Ryeowook?" Kyuhyun asked. The other was startled by the sudden call of his name, not expecting it, and now being slightly scared of the man calling it. He turned around.
"Yes sir?" He asked.
"I guess I haven't quite bid you welcome to my house yet. So, welcome." Kyuhyun said. And for the first time since Ryeowook arrived, Kyuhyun made eye contact without withdrawing within a second. 
"Thank you sir." Ryeowook answered shortly, although the corners of his mouth raised a bit. When Kyuhyun didn't say anything else, Ryeowook took it as a cue to leave. 

Kyuhyun wondered why he had taken contact to Ryeowook. Had last nights visit from Heechul rubbed of on him somehow, and now he was being all nice and stuff? 

But truth be told, he hadn't exactly been nice to the newcomer. Yes, it wasn't his idea for them to live together, but Kyuhyun actually felt slightly comforted knowing that someone else was in the house. Not that he would ever admit that to anyone, let alone himself. 

At dinner that evening, Kyuhyun decided to take contact again. He had found peace with the fact, that for good and bad, Ryeowook was now living with him, and he might as well make it a bit less awkward between the two. 

So when Ryeowook stepped through the door again, and placed the food on the table, Kyuhyun took the chance to talk to him again.
"The other day, you talked about the possibility of a friendship between us?" Kyuhyun started. 
"And you very clearly told me that you weren't interested." Ryeowook countered.
"Well, you live here now, so we might as well get to know each other anyway." Kyuhyun said. 
"Why the sudden change of mind, sir?" Ryeowook asked, adding the least part to seem polite.
"Well, maybe it's just the Christmas spirit rubbing of on me." Kyuhyun joked. Ryeowook let out a small chuckle.
"I'll think about it, but I actually have work to do, so if you would excuse me?" Ryeowook said. Kyuhyun hadn't even realized that he as keeping the younger there with the conversation, and motioned for the other to get back to work. 

Kyuhyun went to bed that night with a nice, calming sensation in his mind, and a warming feeling in his heart, which he wasn't very familiar with. But it didn't scare him. It was nice, actually.

----------
An: yay, the kyuwook ship is finally starting to move. It will be a few more chapters before Ryeowook will start trusting Kyuhyun completely, and even more chapters before the actual❤️