December 10th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

The next morning, Kyuhyun wondered if he had even closed an eye that night. He had been thinking. A lot. Was Ryeowook okay? Had he ruined the chances for a friendship? Did Kyuhyun even know what a friendship was? The answer to the last question was probably a big, fat 'no'. Kyuhyun had never been a very social person. Of course he had had friends, but he at maintaining those friends, and eventually, they all left, either from him being too caught up in himself, or just because he didn't bother to contact them anymore. 

 

The only people who had ever loved him was his family. And he had been pushing them away too. Would they leave him too?

 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun was fully awake. He had never thought of that. He just assumed that his family would always wait for him to return, when he had established his own life. He just assumed that family was forever. But it could t really be like that, right? His family would leave him soon too, right? 

 

Head full of these thoughts, Kyuhyun got out of bed, threw on some clothes and raced out of the door, down the hallways before stopping in front of a particular room. He took a deep breath before knocking on the door. But what if Ryeowook had been so mad yesterday, that he had already left? 

 

Luckily for Kyuhyun's sanity, the door creaked open a few seconds later.

"Yes?" Came a small voice, completely opposite from the voice Kyuhyun had been hearing yesterday. This voice seemed small and fragile, almost broken. 

"Can I come in?" Kyuhyun asked. Without answering, Ryeowook opened the door, letting Kyuhyun in. 

"Listen, I wanted to apologize for yesterday." Kyuhyun said.

"No no. I should be the one to apologize. I was acting disrespectfully." Ryeowook said, looking ashamed at the floor. 

"So, would you like to have lunch with me tomorrow?" Kyuhyun asked, making sure to phrase it as a question, and not as an order. He wasn't making that mistake twice.

"That sounds nice." Ryeowook said. 

 

A heavy weight had been lifted of Kyuhyun's shoulders. But he still had another thing to deal with. He picked up his phone and called a number he had rarely used before. His "mother", Leeteuk.

"Hello?" A voice said when the phone was answered.

"Mother? It's me, Kyuhyun." Kyuhyun said. He was scared that his own mother wouldn't recognize him. 

"Kyuhyun-ah. What a nice surprise." Leeteuk said, sounding genuinely happy.

"I just wanted to ask you something." Kyuhyun said.

"Yes darling?" Leeteuk said. Kyuhyun felt his heart drop at the endearment. He didn't deserve to be called darling.

"Would it be okay if I celebrated Christmas with the family this year?" Kyuhyun asked, fearing rejection. The line was silent for several seconds.

"Oh, Kyuhyun dear. Of course you can. We'd be delighted to see you." Leeteuk said.

"Thank you mom." Kyuhyun said, feeling his heart lighten up for the second time that day.

 

That night, Kyuhyun couldn't stop smiling. He was happy. Even his staff gave him weird looks when he walked past them, smiling. He even fell asleep with a smile on his face.

-----------
An: Aww, wasn't that cute. Sorry if it got too mushy. I know a lot of you guys would like for me to keep the story going until new year, but I think there's something poetic last chapter being posted on Christmas Day (the 24th). Hope it doesn't disappoint you guys too much. Please subscribe, comment and vote❤️