December 14th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

Around 7 am the next morning, when Kyuhyun sat down to eat his breakfast, he was disappointed to see the cook bring his food again. Before Kyuhyun even managed to ask where Ryeowook was, the cook was already answering said question.
"Sir, I know you're going to ask. He asked to get the morning off, saying he had to run a few errands in town." The cook said. 
"Do you know what he was going to do?" Kyuhyun asked. Over the last few weeks, Kyuhyun hadn't just gotten nicer to Ryeowook, but to people in general. Even the people who worked for him. 
"Well, it is December after all. I'm not going to tell you what he's doing." The cook said, smiling knowingly to himself. Kyuhyun just continued eating his breakfast. 

Around 11 am, Ryeowook returned, his hands full of bags with different brand names on them. 
"Where have you been?" Kyuhyun asked. Ryeowook became flustered and tried hiding the bags behind his back, without very much success. 
"Um...I had just gone to town, doing some shopping." Ryeowook answered, a little suspiciously. Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at the smaller male, but let it go. 

Throughout the rest of the day, Kyuhyun noticed that Ryeowook was ignoring him. And he wasn't happy about it for some reason. He noticed how Ryeowook would be talking to the butler, but when Kyuhyun entered the room, he would excuse himself. At lunch, Ryeowook brought his food for him, but he was avoiding eyecontact and didn't even say a word to him. It was as if they had gone back to Ryeowook's first few days in the house. 

At dinner, Ryeowook still ignored eyecontact and kept his mouth shut, much to Kyuhyun's disappointment and annoyance. Was something bothering him? 

After dinner, Kyuhyun managed to corner Ryeowook in a hallway. 
"You've been avoiding me all day?" Kyuhyun said, phrasing it as a fact, but saying it like a question. 
"No, I haven't." Ryeowook said, trying to sneak past Kyuhyun. But when he tried to get past him, Kyuhyun grabbed hold of Ryeowook's wrist, not letting him go. 
"Why are you avoiding me? Is something bothering you?" Kyuhyun asked. Ryeowook shook his head. 
"Then why won't you talk to me?" Kyuhyun kept pressing the issue. 

Ryeowook pulled his wrist out of Kyuhyun's grip and started walking away. But Kyuhyun wasn't letting that happen. Kyuhyun took hold of Ryeowook's wrist again, turning him to face him, and then took hold of his other wrist, pressing him against the wall of the hallway. 
"What's going on?" Kyuhyun asked, still holding Ryeowook's wrists in his hands, while pressing him against the wall. 

Suddenly, Kyuhyun became aware of how close their bodies were pushed together. He became aware of how small Ryeowook looked. It scared him how close they were, how he could feel Ryeowook's body heat radiating of him. 
"N-n-nothing. Nothing's g-going on." Ryeowook stuttered, slightly trembling under Kyuhyun's eyes. Kyuhyun took pity on him and released him. As soon as he was free, Ryeowook walked towards the door with steps so fast, he was almost running. 

Kyuhyun would have felt bad about scaring the other, if it wasn't for the fact that he wasn't sorry. Having Ryeowook so close didn't feel uncomfortable. And that exact thought scared. He would never admit it to anyone, let alone himself. 

--------------
An: hi. So, we're getting close to Christmas. My wish list this year is kpop albums, kpop posters and other merchandise. But I don't think my family knows how to get it. Please subscribe, upvote and comment, please❤️

Ps. If you're a shawol like me, I uploaded a SHINee oneshot earlier today in celebration of my ultimate bias', Onew's birthday. If you're a Shawol, please check it out. Thank you, and sorry for the self-promo.