December 5th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

At breakfast the next morning, no one was around. The food was already on the table when Kyuhyun got there, and no one came and offered him anything to drink. He had to go to the kitchen himself to pour some more coffee. It wouldn't have been a problem, had it not been for the fact that Kyuhyun almost never went to the kitchen, and actually almost got lost on his way there. When he finally finished breakfast, he went back to his room. He had a day off and wanted to do nothing more than sleep, sleep and sleep. Hopefully, the privacy of the breakfast would continue for the whole day.

 

But of course, he couldn't always have it his way.

 

It was around noon when he ran into his first obstacle. When he sat down for lunch, he heard the same light footsteps as the night before, and hurriedly looked down onto his plate to avoid eyecontact. A plate containing several different substances, in several different colors was pushed under his eyes. A few seconds later, the footsteps came to a halt a few meters from him, stayed there for a few seconds, before again slowly disappearing down the hallway. 

 

Kyuhyun was alone that day, except for the kitchen staff. Mr. Kim had taken a long overdue vacation day. So long overdue, that he had had to remind Kyuhyun what a vacation was. So here he was, trapped in his house, with no one but a fat chef and a homeless/not homeless guy. Great.

 

At dinner, Kyuhyun didn't hear the light footsteps coming to bring him his food. He had been deep in thought and had not heard the door open. And suddenly, he had eye contact with two soft, brown orbs. They had contact for a few seconds before the brown orbs disappeared and Kyuhyun heard a softly muttered "Sorry". Kyuhyun then proceeded to have another staring contest with his food. He was getting quite good at the contests. Practice makes perfect, you know?

 

But when Kyuhyun wished for the other to go away, he got the opposite.

"Mr. Cho?" He said softly. Kyuhyun sighed inwardly, preparing to hold back from yelling at the other. He looked up.

"I just wanted to let you know that I am very thankful to you for letting me stay here." He said. 

"Well, I wasn't exactly my idea, and I'm not really thrilled to have a stranger in my house." Kyuhyun said. 

"But maybe I could be more than a stranger. Maybe we could be friends?" Ryeowook asked.

"No thanks. I don't DO the whole 'friend thing'. Too much work. Are you done talking now?" Kyuhyun asked, rudely. Ryeowook seemed taken aback by his words, quietly bowing his head before disappearing down the hallway. 

 

Kyuhyun went to sleep that night, sleeping dreamlessly. Just how he liked it.

------------
An: So Ryeowook wants to be friends, but Kyuhyun doesn't. As I've said before, he will get less douche-baggy over time, but I like the evil Kyuhyun. 
Thank you for all the support I have gotten for this story. It really means the world to me. 
For new readers, please subscribe, comment and vote, and have a very nice day/night wherever you are❤️