December 6th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

The next morning, when Kyuhyun sat down to eat his breakfast, he was prepared to look down on the food again, to avoid eye contact with Ryeowook. But when the food arrived, it was brought by heavy footsteps. Kyuhyun looked up to see the old cook serving him his food. 

"Where is the new guy? Did he give up on this job already?" Kyuhyun said, expecting nothing more. 

"Actually sir, he asked for a day off. The kid said something about visiting his parents' graves. Poor kid, to be orphaned at such a young age." The cook said, offhandedly, already walking away. For the first time in years, Kyuhyun felt a small uncomfortable feeling in his mind. It was small, but enough to annoy him. And even though it had been years since he last had a visit from this particular emotion, he still recognized it. 

Guilt.

'No'. Kyuhyun thought. No he wasn't feeling guilty towards the new kitchen assistant. Even though, he still technically hadn't welcomed him to the household. And he hadn't exactly been nice to him. 

No, Cho Kyuhyun wasn't feeling guilty. No. 

And with that thought in his mind, Kyuhyun finished his breakfast in minutes, before walking back towards his room to get ready for the day. 


When Kyuhyun got back later that day, the feeling had disappeared, now nothing more than a faint memory of a feeling, which Kyuhyun had later brushed of as the food being slightly burned and therefore giving him an uncomfortable feeling. Any excuse, as long as he wouldn't have to admit to feeling slightly guilty. 

Kyuhyun sat down for dinner, this time, expecting the cook to serve his food. But for the second time that day, he was surprised. He heard small light footsteps again, and Ryeowook came through the door carrying a plate with food. 

If Kyuhyun looked closely, which he accidentally did, he could see the faint traces of tears down the other man cheeks. Kyuhyun quickly looked away. But then suddenly.

"You were gone this morning." Kyuhyun didn't even realize that he had said it, before recognizing his voice. 

"Yes sir, I had some personal business to attend to." Ryeowook answered. After the episode last night, he wasn't keen on having to speak to the master of the house. 

And luckily, he didn't have to, because Kyuhyun only slightly nodded his head as acknowledgement. Ryeowook quietly left the room. Kyuhyun finished his dinner and went to his bedroom.

 

That night, Kyuhyun didn't sleep as well as he usually did. It was as if a small creature flew around the room and kept him awake. But if that was true, how could it also fly around inside his heart.

--------------
An: Kyuhyun is showing some emotions now, but is unwilling to admit it to himself. And we get a bit of Ryeowook's backstory too. More about that in future chapters. Please subscribe, comment and vote, Thank youuuuu❤️