December 7th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

The next day, Kyuhyun went to work early, not even eating breakfast, and thereby avoiding Ryeowook. He just needed to get out of there, to a place where he didn't have to think about the emotions of the people around him. 

Work was a place where Kyuhyun could turn off his thoughts and earn money at the same time. Most people found their home relaxing, but to Kyuhyun, no place was more relaxing than his office. And it wasn't even because the office was decorated. It was a classy looking office. A black desk with a laptop, a black chair, white walls, marble floors. But despite it being December 7th, there wasn't a single Christmas decoration.

Kyuhyun didn't feel that "Christmas spirit" that people talked about. For the last 4 years, December was just another month. He usually didn't visit anyone on Christmas Eve. His parents or brothers would usually call him on December 20th to invite him to spend the holiday with them, but he always made up some kind of excuse for not going. He didn't dislike his family, but for some reason, he didn't feel like spending Christmas with them. He always spend that day on his own, eating a nice dinner and then going to bed early. 

When Kyuhyun got home that day, he got a big surprise. Mr. Kim stood at the door, obviously waiting for him. 
"Sir, you have a guest." The butler said. 
"Who is it?" Kyuhyun asked.
"He says he's your brother. His name is Cho Heechul." Mr. Kim said. Kyuhyun mentally braced himself. His older brother had apparently decided to stop by for dinner. Kyuhyun walked into the living room, finding an older man in one of the chairs. 
"Hyung?" Kyuhyun asked. He was a bit unsure if Heechul would mind Kyuhyun calling him hyung.
"Kyuhuyn-ah. How have you been?" Heechul asked, pulling his brother in for a hug. 
"I've been fine. And what about you?" Kyuhyun asked. He didn't really care, but Heechul loved to talk. 
"Oh I've been great. That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. I have something to ask you." Heechul said. 
"Yes?" Kyuhyun asked, ushering him to continue. Instead of saying anything, Heechul raised his hand. A small silver ring with diamond was sitting on his finger. 
"Do you want to come to my wedding? Hangeng finally proposed to me. Isn't it pretty?" Heechul was almost glowing. Kyuhyun was overwhelmed with surprise. He had met Hangeng a few times before. He and Heechul had been dating for almost 8 years now, and the entire family had pretty much just waited for Hangeng to pop the question.
"Wow, hyung, that's great. Sure, I'd like to be at the wedding." Kyuhyun answered. Just because Kyuhyun didn't exactly meet his family a lot, didn't mean he'd miss an event like this. 

Kyuhyun invited Heechul to stay for dinner, to which Heechul gladly accepted. 
"And the bridesmaids' dresses are going to be red." Heechul blabbered about his dream wedding. Suddenly, Kyuhyun heard the light footsteps once more. 
"And Kyuhyun, mom and dad told me to ask you. Would you like to spend Christmas with us this year? Sungmin just got back from the military, and wed all really like to see you." Heechul asked. Kyuhyun was trying to find an excuse, but couldn't come up with one. 
"I'll see if I can get a day off from work." Kyuhyun said, smiling slightly, something he hadn't done in a while. 
"Great." Heechul said. Out of the corner of his eye, Kyuhyun swore he saw Ryeowook smile and quickly dry away a tear. 

When Kyuhyun went to his room that night, he walked past the room where Ryeowook stayed. He felt a sudden urge to apologize for being mean towards him. But when he was about to knock on the door, he changed his mind and quietly went to his own room instead.

-----------
An: Kyuhyun is being slightly emotional here. And Heechul is introduced, along with some happy news. For those who are confused, Ryeowook was happy and sad because he missed his own family, and wished that he could celebrate Christmas with them. 
Please subscribe, comment and vote❤ ️