December 13th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

Kyuhyun woke up the next morning to a surprise. When he reached the kitchen, it was completely covered in Christmas decorations, ruining the completely black and white theme of the room. He followed the trails into the living room, where he found Ryeowook standing over a large box with Christmas decorations. 

Kyuhyun himself hadn't seen the box ever since he moved out from his parents house several years ago. 
"What are you doing?" Kyuhyun asked, his voice not totally unfriendly.
"It's December 13th. It's about time you...I mean we, get the house decorated. I found this box in the basement. I hope you don't mind." Ryeowook said, continuing to place small decorations everywhere.
"I don't mind. But why are you doing this. I liked the way the house was before. It was classic." Kyuhyun said.
"Yeah, but it lacked Christmas spirit." Ryeowook said. Kyuhyun stated to wonder how Ryeowook had celebrated Christmas while living on the streets. 
"Have you ever celebrated a real christmas?" Kyuhyun asked. Ryeowook stopped mid-movement for a second.
"Ever year, I would look at the lights and the decorations in the stores. It wasn't like I could afford to buy anything, nor did I have anyone to give presents to. But I always bought a little extra food on Christmas Eve." Ryeowook said. 
"That doesn't sound very nice."Kyuhyun noted. Ryeowook nodded.
"It wasn't. But it wasn't as if I ever knew anything else." Ryeowook said sadly. 
"But you won't ever have to feel like that again. You have a home now." Kyuhyun said.
"I know. And that why I want this Christmas to be great. I know I'm probably just going to be here alone, but for once, I won't have to starve throughout December to afford a slightly better meal on Christmas Eve." Ryeowook said, seeming genuinely happy. Kyuhyun felt bad about having to leave Ryeowook at home, alone, on Christmas. 
"That's great. You are welcome to decorate as much as you'd like. On another note, I should probably get to work now." Kyuhyun said. 
"Oh, I'll make you som breakfast. It will only take 5 minutes." Ryeowook said, jumping down from the chair he had been standing on in order to place the decorations on the shelves. 
"Thank you." Kyuhyun said. 

After breakfast, Kyuhyun took off to work. When he reached the office, he grabbed his phone immediately. He called Leetuek again, for the second time in a few days. 
"Kyuhyun-ah. How are you doing?" Leeteuk asked.
"I'm doing great, mom. I actually have a question to ask." Kyuhyun said. 
"Okay, let me hear?" Leeteuk said.
"Okay, so I was thinking..." 

When Kyuhyun got home that evening, the whole house had been decorated. Even Kyuhyun's own room had gotten a makeover. 2 weeks ago, Kyuhyun would have been furious, but he wasn't now. It was actually kind of nice.

When Kyuhyun sat down for dinner, Ryeowook brought him his food. 
"I saw what you have done to my room." Kyuhyun started.
"I'm sorry. I know I'm not supposed to enter your room." Ryeowook bowed his head in apology.
"No need to be sorry. It's actually quite nice." Kyuhyun said. 
"I'm glad you like it." Ryeowook said, turning around to walk out of the room. 
"Wait. Don't you want to have a seat, just for a second." Kyuhyun said. Ryeowook complied and sat down across the table from Kyuhyun. 
"You know how we talked about your past experiences with Christmas this morning, right?" Kyuhyun asked. Ryeowook nodded.
"Well, I called my mother and she said that you are more than welcome to celebrate Christmas with us." Kyuhyun said. 
"Oh Kyuhyun. Thank you." Ryeowook said.
"Does that mean you'l be there?" Kyuhyun asked. 
"No. Christmas is a family holiday. I would just feel out of place there. Sorry." Ryeowook said, standing up. 
"I understand." Kyuhyun said. And he didn't blame Ryeowook. After so many years alone, it probably wasn't weird for him to want to be alone. Not even on Christmas Eve.

----------
An: will Kyuhyun get Ryeowook talked into spending Christmas with his family? Subscribe to follow the story. And please comment and upvote while you're at it. Thank you❤️