December 11th

Have yourself a merry little (kyuwook) Christmas

Around 11 am the next day, Kyuhyun was standing outside Ryeowook's room, waiting for him. A smile was plastered on his face, for unknown reasons. Suddenly, the door opened and Ryeowook stepped out. 

"Ready to go?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Yes." Ryeowook said. They fell into an awkward silence, none of them knowing what to talk about, and none of them wanting to start a conversation. 

"So...where are we going?" Ryeowook asked. 

"I was planning for us to go to this nice little restaurant I know of. I haven't been there in a while." Kyuhyun answered. 

 

They arrived at the restaurant. They sat down at a table, and a waitress handed them their menus. Before she left, Kyuhyun heard her mutter "good catch" to him. He looked flustered at her, and them at Ryeowook, who didn't notice. He was too busy figuring out what to order. 

"How much can I order?" Ryeowook asked. 

"As much as you want.' Kyuhyun answered. 

"But I don't have any money." Ryeowook said. 

"And that is why I'm paying." Kyuhyun said, smiling at him. Kyuhyun had expected to pay for both of them. 

"I can't even remember the last time that someone offered to pay for me. Or the last time I went to a restaurant." Ryeowook said, looking sad for a second, before putting a smile back on his face. 

"Can I ask you to tell me about your past? Only if you feel comfortable talking about it of course." Kyuhyun said, seeming genuinely interested. 

"There's  not much to tell. My mom died when she gave birth to me. My dad had a hard time taking care of me, and turned to alcohol instead. He drank all of our money away, leaving us on the streets. He died a week after my 12th birthday. Since then , I lived in the streets alone." Ryeowook stopped. 

"I'm sorry to hear that. That's an awfully young age to be left alone." Kyuhyun said. Ryeowook simply nodded.

"What happened then? How did you survive?" Kyuhyun asked.

"I earned money by singing in the streets. It didn't give much, but it was enough to buy food. I slept where I could, even on people's doorsteps." Ryeowook added, leading both of them to smile, remembering their first encounter. 

"It sounds tough. And lonely." Kyuhyun said. He had never thought about what people like that had to go through to survive. 

"It is. But how about you? Tell me how you grew up." Ryeowook asked. 

"Compared to you, I had a great childhood. I grew up as the second youngest in a family with a bunch of brothers. It was annoying at times, but it also felt good, knowing that someone had your back." Kyuhyun said. 

"That sounds difficult. How many fights did you get into with them?" Ryeowook asked, smiling. 

"Too many. And I didn't even win half of them. As one of the youngest, I was bullied a lot by my older brothers." Kyuhyun said. They were silent for a few seconds.

"Sounds nice. I never had siblings." Ryeowook said. H head never had anyone when he lived on the streets, or when his dad drank up all the money they had to live for, or when his mother died in childbirth. 

"I'll promise you something. If you stay with me at the mansion, i will make sure you can start anew. You won't ever have to need anything again." Kyuhyun said. Ryeowook had tears welling up in hie eyes. 

"Thank you, Kyuhyun." He said, before pulling Kyuhyun into an unexpected hug. Kyuhyun stiffened, not being used to having people touch him. But it felt nice and Kyuhyun melted into the hug a few seconds later. 

 

When they got home that night, Kyuhyun bid Ryeowook goodnight and went to his room. He fell down on his bed, his mind being overwhelmed by emotions. Happiness, over the fact that he would never be alone again. Sadness over finally knowing Ryeowook's full story. Guilt, for complaining over his life, when so many people would die for the things he takes for granted. 

But happiness still ruled his mind, as he entered dreamland.

---------
An: this turned out more cheesy than I had planned. Sorry for putting you through that. Please subscribe, comment and upvote. And good day/night to everyone reading this❤️